Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ever heard of Cybersaur

Megamachamp

I have a new card to show all of you, Cybersaur. Here's its stats:

Name: Cybersaur
HP: 120
Type: Grass
Attacks: Cyber Lariat 100
Leech Seed 20 (unless all damege from this attack is prevented you may remove 1 damage counter Cybersaur).
Solarbeam 100
Weakness: fire
Resistance water
Retreat Cost: [C]
Rarity: rare

P.S. Tell me your ideas, send me the original card, I'll try to make them, and send it back to you.

Last edited:
The cost for Leech Seed should be (G)(G). Solarbeam and Cyber Lariat are hard ones. For simplicity's sake, I would drop one and leave the other. Without text, each attack's cost must be a whopping (G)(G)(G)(G)(G)(G)(C). Since even a 5-Energy attack is rare, this won't do. However, you could make the cost (G)(G)(C)(C) and add as text, "Cybersaur can't use this attack next turn." It would be your choice whether to allow retreating to end the effect (default) or not. If not, add the sentence, "Even putting Cybersaur on the bench won't let you use this attack again." Especially with Cybersaur's low Retreat Cost, I might gravitate toward the extra sentence. Another option is to make whichever 100-damage attack you have cost (G)(G)(G)(G) and add as text, "Cybersaur does 80 damage to itself." I don't personally like this option too much (reminds me of Base Chansey, although I do like that card), but it's your card. There are other options, but those are the easiest ones. BTW, these suggestions (and please take them as suggestions) are all based directly on yoshi1001's article in this forum about costing attacks.

Last edited:
I also have another card to show you:

Name: Macheat
HP:90
Type:(F)
Attacks: (F)(F)(F) Cheat if both you and your opponent have 6 prizes left, you win.
Weakness: (P)
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: (C)
Rarity: rare-holo

Last edited:
WIERD! First off, that Rarity will not do. Second, this thing is amazingly overpowered. Just stall until you can get this thing out and powered, switch to this guy, it's over. BA-ROKEN!

dkates said:
WIERD! First off, that Rarity will not do. Second, this thing is amazingly overpowered. Just stall until you can get this thing out and powered, switch to this guy, it's over. BA-ROKEN!

So what do you think its attack cost should be and what should its rarity be?

Rarity? Rare-holo. Attack cost? Doesn't matter -- you've made a Pokemon version of Exodia, for crying out loud! Tone it down -- a lot.

Yeah, that's too overpowered even for me! 6 prizes left and you still win??!!! Geez, get this guy in the game and it's possible that on his first turn out (if he was on the bench) you would win no matter what. At LEAST put three coin flips in. Then It's more difficult.

the Cheat attack should be

(F) (F) (F) (F) (F)(five energy is the max, and this attack needs to cost the max) Cheat If you and your opponent both have one prize left you win. If you dont your opponent wins.

Also the card rarity should be(uh...)the rarest rarity ever created.

And, finally the HP should be 30

Note: I went to some extremes here, with my version of it the attack should cost (F) (F) (F) (F), the rarity holo-rare and have 30-50 HP

Last edited:
Doesn't count. Energy Removal has no flip, Energy Removal 2 does. Gotta do the exact same thing, the exact same way.

Back