Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Everyones favourite mexican is going to Worlds!!!!

Pablo

YES YES YES you read it right, I am going to teh Worlds on Orlando Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I am so damed hyped up right now, I dont know if I want to cry or scream or what......... OK onto the report................

I woke up at 6 am so danged nervous, unbelievable, minutes longer than ever, FINALLY its 12:30 and I get to the tourney, register my deck, etc., Here is what I played:

Pokemon:

4 Torchic
2 Combusken
3 Blaziken
2 Blaziken ex
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
1 TA's Electrike
1 TA's Manectric
1 Secret card ;)
1 Rayquazza ex
4 Dunsparce

Trainers:

4 Rare Candy
3 TV Reporter
3 Oracle
2 PETM
2 Copycat
2 POR
2 Warp Point
1 Nurse
1 Switch
1 Town Volunteers
1 Secret card ;)

Energy:

1 Boost
1 Lightning
3 Multi
10 Fire

the tourney started around 2:00 pm, and lasted until 9:00 pm. There was an 80+ attendance I think, don't know the actual number. The pairings are posted and I go vs a guy that I lent my Gex deck to:

Round 1 vs Gex

The game went pretty fast, I won t6 or t7, he couldn't draw a single psychic energy and I got an awesome set up.

1-0-0

Round 2 vs Team Magma Deck

Again, this game ended like t10, he only delayed his loss by playing tons of basics, again Bex pwned badly all the way, and he either couldn't draw any energy.

2-0-0

Round 3 vs Swampert/ex/Team Magma's Aggron

This game was quite interesting, we exchanged various KO's, but he didn't play Crystral Shard, so Ray took care of the last 3 prizes. This deck was really well built, and did quite well I think.

3-0-0

Round 4 vs EXACT Mirror Match

I was expecting this, and it happened 3 times, there were 3 decks IDENTICAL, only variations were the number of Bex's and Rays, but this was a tough match, I got set up early with Delcatty and stuff, and he did too, but since he ran 2 Rays rather than 2 Bex's, he was forced to Blazi swarm because I was fully setup and could KO a Ray ANY time, and his lone Bex was in his prizes, which screwed him up real badly.

4-0-0

At this point I know Ill make top 8 for sure, and I get paired with an 11-14 player who is also undefeated, I didnt really care about the outcome of this match.

Round 5 vs Semi Mirror Match

He was playing Bex but without TAM. In this game, I was the one that couldn't draw ANYTHING, I got a Bex early but he got KOed by a Ray, and I couldn't come back from that, if only I had drawn a copycat, he had a 15+ card hand, who says Copycat ain't useful? coofWoopercoff

4-1-0

So I end up in 6th place for Top 8, and I get paired with the same guy that had my EXACT list. Top 8 was 2/3 games with 45 minute time limit.

Top 8/Round 6 vs EXACT Mirror Match

Game 1: Well I did beat him before, and I hoped to beat him again. My opening hand was 1 DR Torchic, 4 Fire energies, 1 Lightning Energy and 1 Multi Energy. He mulliganed twice which gave me a Fire energy and a second DR Torchic. I thought about conceding the first game without even starting, but I decided Id at least try. So he gets an awesome starts, but has an unbelievable energy drought, I kept drawing into stuff I needed, and kept doing 40 with DR Trochic and after became a Bex which won me the game. Definately the most awesome comeback ive made so far.

Game 2: I got a decent start this time, getting Catty t2 and I THINK I Volcanic Ashed t2 and KOed his only basic, the setup was GODLY.

So after this I am all hyped, I am 2 games away from the Worlds Championship, my only chance and I needed to win.

Top 4/Round 7 vs EXACT Mirror Match

Game 1: THIS was an EXACT mirror match, CARD BY CARD, so I'm like, only luck can determine this game. We both do the exact same things the first 3 turns, but since I started, I managed to get 100 on his Bex before he could on mine, I nursed my Bex and KOed his, so now I have a full set up, and the only thing that he can do is try and KO me with Ray, since his Tric had 2 Fire energys, it was doable, but his Ray ended up in prizes so I won, I think I won 6-0 in prizes.

Game 2: At this point he was so Edit he couldn't concentrate, I oracled to get a t2 Bex, and instead of PORing to try to get basics, he did 10 and sleep with Skitty, t2 Bexed him and GG

So after this game, I was toooooooo hyped up, 1 game was the difference, the determining factor of my future and my happiness =P, I check to see who won in the other semi final, and guess what, my WORST nightmare, SLAKING!!! Blaziken Slaking, the deck I hate the most, I couldn't get angry like at States, because I didn't want to make any N00B mistakes like I did at States, I tried to keep concentrated, but with my hypeness and a bit of fright to face THAT deck, it was kinda hard.

Top 2/Round 8 vs Blaziken/Slaking (UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!)

Game 1: This went quickly, I koed his lone skitty on t2 with Ray, at this point, I was only 1 or 2 games from the World Championship.

Game 2: This game went backward and forward, I got a bad set up and managed to do a comeback, because he couldnt get Slaking out early. My secret tech played a HUGE role in this game, and gave me enough time to actually get Bex powered up and KO BOTH of his Slakings, at this point he had to Blazi swarm, but my setup was GODLY and just ripped through his Blazes with Bex, GG either way, and I definately am going to give this guy (one of my best friends from league) something to compensate.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I win, I definately am going to Worlds this year, and I will represent Mexico VERY VERY well, I assure you. Now onto everyones favourite part of the reports, props and slops:

Props:

- EVERYONE who participated, hadn't laughed and had so much fun in a while.
- Ives Rountree for another AWESOME tourney.
- My friend in the t2, for being SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool, coolest person I know.
- My deck for running godly like except in some games.
- My brother for getting 4th in the 10- category, his first tourney though, not bad =P

Slops:

- Bad setups =P
- Bad luck
- Slaking ;)

Thanks everyone for reading, and specially if you reply ;) I hopefully will see many of you guys at Worlds.

Paul

Edit #2:Issue settled.Thank you for accepting responsibility Paul.-`Sensei

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, we have someone to represent us... Pablo endured a tournament that was more of a endurance tournament than anything else, I wish to congratulate Pablo, he overcame the greatest difficulties to win a trip he truly deserves, Go Pablo, lets bring that championship to my home... I mean the country... yeah...

Glad all went well and Congradulations. Now if I can get Wes & Ken to quite making bone headed mistakes and play the kind of game there both capable of will see you in about 2 1/2 months in the most wonderful place on earth, Knotts Berry Farm!!!
Sorry, I ment Magic Mountain...
You know what I mean :D

Mr. Pablo, best of luck at worlds. This has given me a little inspiration for my next attempt at a trip, myself!

~Patriarch

Last edited:
Dude I am so happy for you congrats on the outstanding tourney I'm happy secret tech card worked out I may have to add it to my list PM me later and let me know about trades ect sounds like you got the best Birthday present of all
BLiZ

i would congradulate you, but you know, with blaziken EX and all...

i really hope one of these doesnt wins worlds, but it will probably be alot of BEX vs. BEX there...

meh, you got the better clone of thousands.

koyuga said:
i would congradulate you, but you know, with blaziken EX and all...

i really hope one of these doesnt wins worlds, but it will probably be alot of BEX vs. BEX there...

meh, you got the better clone of thousands.

please avoid this type of comments, yes unoriginal, but I really couldnt care less, I won, Im going to Worlds, go complain about Bex in another thread please.

Thanks to everyone, I hope to see many of you there.

gj mudkip, i'll be seeing you there...
Also, Bex winning, and complain? Try winning with something else, Blaze just ownd everything, except itself...

mmm, gj ... btw, nice room you have on ur list ... still can't believe u fit everything in there ...

Hopefully see you there -_-;

Congrats on the trip Mudkip.

By the way, are you gonna tell us what the secret cards are after Worlds?

hey gj
i also won the stl gym challenge for my division so ya i am going hope to see you their o is ur aim down or what
i won in 11-14

Arthas - The Secret card is more of a NEO thing, I wont unveil it, let Fulop or YJ or someone else unveil it.

Plaid - I have beaten it before, just glad I beat it THIS time and lost to it at States. I think Sudowoodo would've helped alot in that last match.

Rach - YAY! congrats on the win, did you use the deck we had been discussing? Ill see you there for sure :)

TRUK - I originally wasnt planning on the secret cards, but didn't need 2 Rays at all throught the day, 1 was enough, and 1 switch with Tric was also enough ;)

SomethingElse - Thanks, you are right, like Ive said before, most of the time this days, originality doesn't work.

Poppa - Thanks. You BETTER get to Worlds.

Back