Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Evolution Cripple (Fun deck idea)

lordantwarrior

I got this idea off someone else who just posted "the game that never ends" thread. In it, they posted a deck that would drive any opponent insane (Involving Damage Swap Alakazam moving damage counters to high-HP Pokes such as Wailord, which is an awesomely wicked idea :lol: :thumb:). That got me thinking about a deck which would also drive the opponent insane, in a different manner. Basically this is about crippling the opponent by taking out thier evolution cards. The decks' main cards would be:

Aerodactyl (Fossil)
Mewtwo Lv.X (LA)
Vileplume ex

You can see where this is going... Aerodactyl stops all evolution cards being played. If you can get this up early enough then the opponent is basically stuck with basics, none of which can affect Mewtwo X. Vileplume ex has now been added, due to it's ability to stop opponent playing trainer cards (No rare candy).

So, to make this a real thread, could someone list a good build for this possible deck? I know it would be far too slow, but this is just a fun deck thing, I would never take this seriously.

*EDIT* Just realised, Vileplume ex is not legal, so the deck would have to be in the unlimited format.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Too slow, this deck will fail in unlimited.
Not to mention they can simply use Rare Candy to go around your Aero.
If you want to lock down, use Vileplume ex and Aerodactyl FS.

it isn't impossible. If you go second and play Broken Space-Time and go from Machop to Machamp, then play the stadium that treats fossil-evolvers as basics (I think it comes from the Delta Species era), and play Aero. You can use Take Out.

But, this would be my list.

4-4 Aerodactyl
3-1 Mewtwo Lv. X
3-3-3 Machamp SF
2 Unown G

4 Bebe
4 Roseanne
4 Pokedrawer
1 Luxury Ball
4 Looker

Basic Energy

Of course, Amphy and Dialga both stop you, but oh well.

It would be cool if Aero got reprinted.

It would be terrible if Aero got reprinted as is, especially with the new SP pokemon.
Incidently, rare candy STILL crushes your deck with Mewtwo and Machamp SF.
Not to mention Looker is terrible in unlimited, use Imposter Professr Oaks revenge due to the fact that is is infinity better.
Enjoy.

It would be terrible if Aero got reprinted as is, especially with the new SP pokemon.
Incidently, rare candy STILL crushes your deck with Mewtwo and Machamp SF.
Not to mention Looker is terrible in unlimited, use Imposter Professr Oaks revenge due to the fact that is is infinity better.
Enjoy.

I added Vileplume ex though, so the opponent shouldn't be playing rare candy anyway. Mind you this would, as you say, be extremely slow. Just something I literally thought of like 5 minutes ago. The more I think about it the more terrible it seems. Would still be fun if it could work, though.

Sure, can you play trainers on turn one? I'm just as likely to pull out my broken combo as you are. All I need to do is go second and candy to a fossil muk and I won't even need iggly. Then I can pull off some broken set up, probably a trapper combo if there isn't a cleffa active, which there usually isn't in a vileplume ex deck, and win from there.

Back