Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Evolution Stones

Sevus

Generally I don't post create-a-cards here because my grasp of card design for Pokémon is sketchy at best, but I came across an old Vending Machine promo that I thought would make for a great way to give a boost to Evolution decks.

Moon Stone
Trainer Card
Search your deck for a :colorless: Evolution card, show it to your opponent, and add it to your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

So then, with a counterpart to each color, (Fire Stone for :fire:, Water Stone for :water:, Leaf Stone for :grass:, Thunderstone for :lightning:, Dawn Stone for :psychic: and Dusk Stone for :dark:, Metal Coat for :metal: and Hard Stone for :fighting:) what sort of impact would these cards have on the game? Any at all?

Last edited:
It'd be like a Luxury Ball reprint, but for that specific type, it could help decks that run only 1 type.

Gengar and Broken Time-Space (before you replace it with Lost World) would love you for Moon Stone!

And I'm sure they'd at least have some impact on the game.

Gengar and Broken Time-Space (before you replace it with Lost World) would love you for Moon Stone!

And I'm sure they'd at least have some impact on the game.

How so? What colorless type evolution tech does lostgar run? I mean, I suppose if you ran something colorless like... Actually I can't think of a single colorless evolution card that would be useful in lostgar at all.

How so? What colorless type evolution tech does lostgar run? I mean, I suppose if you ran something colorless like... Actually I can't think of a single colorless evolution card that would be useful in lostgar at all.

Oops.... I meant Dawn Stone ^^'

Yeah, Gengar would love Dawn Stone...honestly, I guess the Evolution Stone that corresponds to your deck's main attacker would be an auto-add. By the same token though, relying on them to set up makes you weak to trainer lock.

These would be amazing in some decks, but suck in others ("Cough, Cough" SP)

I'd include 2-3 of these for my main attacker, unless playing basic deck, a lot of types of main attacker deck, or a Vilegar varient.

:fighting: should be rock stone? just a suggestion.

and steel stone for:metal:

Last edited:
These cards would be great if they would search your deck for a (Type Specific) evolution card that evolves from one of your pokemonin play and evolve it. Similar to Wally's Training from Sandstorm.

Back