Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EVs for Leafeon

PikaPower56

Ok, I have an Eevee with a Jolly Nature that I am going to evolve into a Leafeon. The moves I am going to have for it are: Leaf Blade, Quick Attack, Sunny Day, and Synthesis. What should I EV train (no pun intended) it in? I was thinking of maxing out HP and Attack and have the rest in Speed.

~ Leaf Blade
~ Swords Dance
~ Baton Pass
~ Roar / Grasswhistle
132 HP / 160 Atk / 216 Spe

It comes as no surprise that the standard set for an “Eeveelution” would include Baton Pass. However, do not be fooled into thinking this set pedestrian simply because of its obviousness. Leafeon pulls off Swords Dance passing in a fashion entirely different from his predecessors with access to both Roar and a sleep inducing move. The most popular passers of Attack boosts in Advance play were Celebi and Scizor. However, they were both easily foiled by the switch-in of Roar/Whirlwind users—Skarmory being the most popular. Leafeon overcomes that difficulty with his excellent Speed (216 EV’s gives him 308-which is the minimum-feel free to max it out!) which allows him to Roar away any fellow phazers that come in to ruin his fun before they get the chance to erase your stat boosts. Grasswhistle is the other option that attempts to do the same with the benefit of incapacitating your opponent’s Leafeon counter with sleep. The obvious downside is that Grasswhistle only works 55% of the time. On top of his support abilities, Leafeon can utilize his already excellent base Attack score in concert with Swords Dance to take full advantage of STAB on the improved Leaf Blade.

Her IVs are as follows:

HP: 26-27
Att: 31
Def: 16-17
Sp.Att: 4-5 (Not worried about 'cause she won't have any Sp. Attacks anyway.)
Sp. Def: 8-9
Speed: 12-13

Well, I want to keep the move set and max out Attack, and Speed really isn't that big of a problem with Quick Attack and the fact that Leafeon still has 130 base Defense. Should I max out Speed to make up for the not-so-good IV and put the last 6 EVs in HP or Sp. Defense?

I posted the move set in my 1st post but here it is again:smile::

Quick Attack
Sunny Day
Synthesis
Leaf Blade

Held Item(s): Heat Rock/ Leftovers

Nature: Jolly (+Speed/ -Special Attack)

Best IVs: Attack 31, HP 26-27, Defense 16-17

Back