Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EX-Dragon Invades Houston/November 15th

:clap: :clap: Ok, Houston, You Wanted It!!! So here It Is!!! :clap: :clap:

EX-Dragon Pre-Release Tournamemt

(15700 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Houston, Texas 77032)

Date: November 15, 2003
Time: EX-Dragon Starts @ 10:30am
(Registration Starts @ 8:00am)

Entry Fee: $15.00 (Cash/No Credit Cards or Checks)
You Get: 6-Packs of EX-Dragon &Promo Card

Prizes: 1st -8th Place
(Age Groups: 10-Under, 11-14, & 15-over)

Side Events: 8-Player Unlimited & Modified Tournaments
Cost: $5.00
Cost: Free GBA-Ruby & Sapphire Tournaments
(Prizes: 1st – 6 Packs/EX-Dragon & 2nd-4 Packs/EX-Dragon)

Information: Charles R. Collinsworth, Premier TO
Phone: (972) 442-5545/Email: <[email protected]>

Hello, HOUSTON!!!

This is the tournament and the series of Pokemon cards that everyone has been waiting for. Don"t miss this one!!! You get six packs of EX-Dragon and a special promo card that you can only get by playing in this tournament for $15.00. Plus you will play at least four rounds of Age-Modified Swiss Format. Also, bring you Pokemon GBA and Ruby & Sapphire game with you. We will have 8-player tournaments for free. So, make a day of Pokemon and let's have some fun.

Below is the details of your "EX-Dragon Pre-release Tournament":

Format: TCG Limited/Sealed. You get 6-packs of EX-Dragon to make a 40-card deck including energy. We will have basic energy to give to you.

Judges: Richard Collinsworth, Paul Stauffer, Roger Ratiff,and Jim Parish

What To Bring: $15.00 (Cash) for Entry Fee / Dice or coin to flip with and damage counters / Extra Money if you want to play in side events

Times: Registration starts at 8:00am /GBA-Ruby & Sapphire Tournaments start at 8:30am (Free) / Modified & Unlimited Constructed (60-Card Deck) tournaments start at 8:30am / "EX-Dragon Pre-release Tournament" starts at 10:30am

GBA-Ruby & Sapphire Rules:
Sign-Up: after you have registered for "EX-Dragon"
These tournaments are FREE.
8-Player / Single Elimination Tournaments.

(1) 3-Pokemon of Level 50 or lower
(2) No two of the same Pokemon
(3) Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are banned!!!
(4) No duplicate held items
(5) Certain powers (rest, recover,ect) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match.
(6) Modified GBA Cartridges are NOT allowed!!!
(7) Judges' rulings are final.
(8) If you do not finish 1st or 2nd in a tournament, you may sign-up again.

Any questions please contact Charles (Richard) Collinsworth @ <[email protected]> or phone (972) 442-5545

Last edited:
Turbo Blastoise said:
Alright! Great!!! Just as a little bit of clarification, is the format for the 8-Player Modified tourney going to be eon?

:clap: Turbo Blastoise good to hear from you again. I am saying yes, but I am letting the professors in the Houston area feel out their league players to see if they want "eon" or "Genesis-on".

Did you get my message about working at "Pokemon Rocks America"? Please email me and let me know. Here is my email address: <[email protected]>

If you would like flyers to give out for your area players, please let me know and I will mail you some.

:thumb: Have A Good One!!! :thumb:

;) Update...Udate...Update!!!!! ;)

The Top-8 Prizes for the "EX-Dragon Pre-release Tournament":

1st Place: 1-Box of EX-Dragon Boosters (36-Packs)
2nd Place: 16-Packs of EX-Dragon Boosters
3rd-4th Place: 8-Packs of EX-Dragon Boosters
5th-8th Place: 4-Packs of EX-Dragon Boosters

These prizes are for each age group: "10 & Under", "11-14", & "15 & over".

The "Modified" format for the side events will be "Neo Genesis-ON" . This was decided by the Pokemon Professors in the Houston area through polling their league members.

Any questions, please reply on this website or email me at <[email protected]> or call at (972) 442-5545.

:thumb: I hope to see you at "Pokemon Rocks America" at the TCG tent or at "EX-Dragon". :thumb:

Charles (Richard) Collinsworth
Pokemon Master Professor
Judge for "Worlds" at Seattle, 2002
Premier Tournament Organizer (EX-Sandstorm/Plano, 2003)
Premier Tournament Organizer (EX-Dragon/Houston & OKC,2003)
TO (Pokemon Rocks America-TCG Staff/Houston, 2003)

:eek: All "Side Events" will be 8-player/single elimination tournaments. When eight players have signed up, we will start that tournament. There will be three 30-minute rounds to determine a first and second place winner for each tournament. The entry fee for the "Contsructed Deck (60-Cards) Modified (Neo Genesis-On) and the Unlimited" tournaments is $5.00 (cash)/tournament that you entry. The "Game Boy Advance/Ruby & Sapphire" tournaments are FREE!!! (See Rules that were previously stated.) I hope this will help clarify the "Side Events" questions. :)

:thumb: :thumb: I hope to see you all at "Pokemon Rocks America" TCG tent on November 8th and the "EX-Dragon" Pre-release Tournament on November 15th. :thumb: :thumb:

Charles (Richard) Collinsworth
Pokemon Master Professor
Judge at WoTC "Worlds" at Seattle, 2002
PTO: EX-Sandstorm/Plano
TO: Pokemon Rocks America-TCG/Houston
PTO: EX-Dragon/Houston & OKC

Last edited:
Ok, Houston, the website: <www.pokemon-tcg.com> has posted all of the "EX-Dragon Pre-release Tournaments". There is some information about these tournaments on their website. Let's start getting excited!!! And let's blow all of these numbers out of the water. Let's show Dallas that we are still number one!!!

Hope to see you at "Pokemon Rocks America" at the Houston Space Center on November 8th. Remember there will be the "Pokemon League" that day for all of the Houston area. (Go to <www.pokemon.com> to see all of the details for "Pokemon Rocks America".) Come out and have fun all day. See you at the "TCG" tent.

:pokeball: :pokeball: Master Professor Birch
:pokeball: :pokeball:

:) I have received some emails from players from out of town asking about hotels in the Houston area. The "Sheraton North Houston @ George Bush Intercontinental Airport" is the host hotel for the "EX-Dragon" Pre-release Tournament. their address is: 15700 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77032. When calling for reservations, tell them that you are coming for the Pokemon-E TCG "EX-Dragon" Pre-release Tournament. Their phone number is (281) 442-5100 and fax number is (281) 987-9130.

Remember that Registration is from 8:00am-10:00am for the "EX-Dragon" Tournament. This is a sanctioned tournament and I will have to issue each player a new Pokemon USA, Inc. POP player number. This could take some time so come early.

The "Side Events" begin at 8:30am. They include the "GBA/Ruby & Sapphire", Modified Constructed (60-Card Deck that you bring) and Unlimited Constructed (60-Card Deck that you bring). The prizes for the "Side Events" are 6-packs of EX-Dragon for first place and 4-packs of EX-Dragon for second place. These are eight player/single elmination tournaments.

Don't miss "Pokemon Rocks America" on November 8th at the Houston Space Center. It starts at 10:00am and runs until 4:00pm. This will include everything about Pokemon. This will be a FUN Event for the whole family. Come out and enjoy the day Pokemon style. Come by the "TCG" tent. I would love to meet you and if you have any questions about "EX-Dragon", I will answer all of them for you. Or just reply on this website and I will get back to you.

Take care and get ready for two fun filled weekends of Pokemon!!! :D :D

Last edited:
:clap: Alright, Houston only five more days (November 8th) until "Pokemon Rocks America" in Houston at the "Houston Space Center". Don't miss this Pokemon Event in your city. This will be BIG!!!! Come and spend the day and see all that Pokemon has to offer. Pokemon USA, Inc. has gone all out to put on this event. Go to <www.pokemon.com> and read the preview of this event. Remember, there will be the "Pokemon League" that day for all of surrounding Houston. If you don't belong to a league, come by and sign up for the league near you or several leagues. :cool:

I hope to see you at the "Trading Card Game" tent. I would love for you to come by so I can meet you. I will answer any of your questions about the "EX-Dragon Pre-release Tournament". And don't miss the "EX-Dragon" tournament on November 15th. I am looking forward to meeting all of you and chatting about Pokemon. :D

I am excited and I can't wait!!! Until then, take care.

Last edited:
:D One more day until "Pokemon Rocks America". I can't wait!!! This will be a FUN event for the whole family being put on by Pokemon USA, Inc. Come by and see me at the "TCG" tent. I will be giving out the Promo Cards, helping with the "League Play", and "Demoing". I would love to meet you and talk Pokemon. I can ask questions about the "EX-Dragon" Pre-release Tournament that invades Houston next Saturday. Remember registration starts at 8:00am -10:00am. With the tournament starting at 10:30am. The "Side Events" will start at 8:30am. (See previous posts for "Side Events".)

With me being at "Pokemon Rocks America", I will be away from this website until Sunday. I will be leaving for Houston this afternoon. So if you have a question, please post on this website or email me and I will get back with you on Sunday. :cool:

We have learned from PUI that for the "EX-Dragon" Pre-release Tournaments that we will have only 100-copies of the Promo Cards to give out at each tournament. You need to be there early to make sure that you get this very limited Promo Card. The first 100-players that register will get the Promo Card. :mad:

I hope to see you tomorrow at "Pokemon Rocks America" at the Space Center Houston (NASA). For now take care. :)

Last edited:
:D I hope that you got to attend "Pokemon Rocks America". If not, you really missed a once in a life time event. What a blast!!! I would like to thank "Pokemon USA, Inc." for the great job that they did putting on "Pokemon Rocks America". And a special THANK YOU goes to Nicloe with PUI and my Staff that worked the "TCG" tent with me. Outstanding job guys!!! Nicole said that everything went off without any problems at all. Pat yourselves on the back!!!! You guys are the GREATEST!!!! :eek:

:cool: Ok, on Saturday at the "EX-Dragon Pre-release Tournament", you may hold your Pokemon League at this tournament. I will get with the Pokemon League Leaguers from each League Store before the tournament and let them know where you can have the "Pokemon League".

Again, let me express to you that we have only 100-Promo Cards to give out at each "EX-Dragon" tournament. So, the first 100-players to register will get the Promos. Get there early so you will not be left out. The doors open at 8:00am. The "EX-Dragon" will begin at 10:30am. Please be on time so we can run everything in a timely manner. Then we can have more time for "Side Events" and the "Pokemon League". :)

:mad: Don't miss this tournament!!! You can get these cards plus the Promo Card at a bargain price and play in the tournament. If we have any of the "EX-Dragon" displays/boxes or packs left, you will be able to purchase them at the tournament. :) (We can only except cash. No credit cards/checks.)

I am looking forward to coming back to Houston on Saturday, November 15th. I will see you guys there. Take care until then.

Last edited:
:D Alright Houston, just one more day to go!!!! The "EX-Dragon" tournament will be SANCTIONED. The doors will be open at 8:00am. We will start registering players at 8:00 and the "Side Events" will start at 8:30am. I will have three "Modified" and "Unlimited" tournaments each that will be sanctioned. When registering for your new "POP ID" number, if you are 13-years old or younger the player will have to get their parent to sign your application in order to have your information posted on the Pokemon-TCG website for "Ranking & Ratings". :D

So, come early and plan to stay all day. Make November 15th a Day of Pokemon in Houston at the "Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental Airport". Come to have fun and games from 8:00am until 4:00pm. :)

:fire: We will be selling any packs ($3.00) or boxes ($90.00) of "EX-Dragon" that are left after the tournaments. Remember, you need to bring cash. We do not have access to any way of excepting credit cards. See you tomorrow morning when the DRAGON is set loose in Houston. Hope you catch 'em all!!!! :lightning

Until then, take care.

:pokeball: :pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball: :pokeball:

Last edited:
Oh yes, I will be traveling to Houston this afternoon. If you have any questions, please call me at the "Sheraton North Houston" at (281) 442-5100 and ask for Charles R. Collinsworth. For now, take care.

Last edited:
:) I would like to thank all of the people that came to the "EX-Dragon" Pre-release in Houston on Saturday. I think that everyone that came to the event had an enjoyable time. Everyone seemed to have fun during the day. From the "GBA" to the "Modified" tournaments to the "EX-Dragon" everyone's head kept spinning. What a great set of cards from the "EX-Dragon" set. I would like to thank Diana for registering the players with their POP IDs, Brian for entering the players into the laptop, Keith & JimDaddy for judging the Ex-Dragon & Modified turnaments, and Paul & Taylor for judging the GBA events. ;)

:mad: Those of you that missed this Premier Event just speak to those that were there. They will tell you what a great event that "Pokemon USA, Inc." allows us to put on. Great prizes and everyone took home something. Those of you that said you were coming to Oklahoma City this Saturday also, I will see you there. If you do come, I hope that you can handle trice the fun in three fun filled weekends of Pokemon extreme. :D

I am looking forward to seeing you guys in the near future at your leagues talking and playing Pokemon. Until then,take care, guys!!!!!

Back