Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EX Emerald news posted on the Dutch distributor website

Status
Not open for further replies.

MvdV

I made a quick translation from dutch to english...
Don't know if the pictures can be linked. If not go to the www.ps-games.nl site and click on the Ex Emerald news topic.

Don't know if the theme decks names are already known, but judged from the pictures is has to be something like Hydro.... and ... of Fire.

*********** translation from www.ps-gams.nl *****************

New Pokémon: EX Emerald!
Pok_Emerald_expansiesymbool.jpg

Pok_Emerald_boosterboom.jpg

Release date: may 16 2005
Legendary Pokémon form all corners of universe collide with each other in the new Pokémon TCG set: EX Emerald.
Discover the new holografic Basic Energy cards! These are special Energy cards that will give your Pokémon extra power.
There will be new powerful Pokémon-ex. Deoxys will again be present.
More than 100 new cards will be issued.

Pokémon EX Emerald will be available in boosters and theme decks.
The boosters (package with 9 cards) are for the collectors or experienced Pokémon players.
Do you know the rules, but not yet how to construct a deck? Do you immediatley want to play the game with EX Emerald?
Maybe you'd better buy a theme deck (or PCD - Pre Constructed Deck).
Those decks are specially constructed for you to play the game right away.
Below you will find pictures of the two theme decks constructed for this ser
Pok_Emerald_PCD_1.jpg

Pok_Emerald_PCD_2.jpg

Are you curious to find out which cards will be in this set? We will expose a new picture every week, until EX Emerald will be in store.
Pok_Emerald_kaart_10.jpg

Last edited:
I really hope that those holo energies arent just normal holofoil energies instead of matrix ones.

and milotic at the picture of starter? I doubt it will be milotic ex, so what other can it be?

and Deoxys is 2/106? Holo number? Doesnt look like Holo, and its attacks neither.

Last edited:
They've improved on the booster / theme deck art for this set.

Hmm...the set symbol looks awfully familiar to the EX:R/S set.

You really think so? I hate this art style. Well, I think we can all guess what cards those Milotic and Manectric can be. Deoxys wouldn't be holo, as that's not a scan of a card, mearly an image of it. I don't have much idea what 1 could be though. Possibly Claydol, but we haven't seen a Yuka Morii holo for years.

o god what IS this set? Milotic ex in a starter deck? I don't think so, Manectric in a starter deck, a NEW Manectric? wow sooo many mysteries =/

Discover the new holografic Basic Energy cards! These are special Energy cards that will give your Pokémon extra power.

I don't get that, they're NEW basic energy cards, but they are special energy cards that will give your Pokemon extra power? That really doesn't make sense =/ what is up with this set?!?!?!

Last edited:
ZoraJolteon said:
http://page.freett.com/pokemon_tower/EM_GB_scan/EM_GB_scan.htm

I'd bet anything on them being that Milotic and Manectric

Makes sense - also the Kyogre & Groudon...

About the energy - we've seen marketing copy touting "newly designed holographic basic Energy cards", but there have also been a number of re-prints (in recent Japanese products) of special energies like Warp and Cyclone (IIRC) - maybe there will also be specials in Emerald...

Well, this is a strange turn of events, but you know what, i bet we are going to Get Milotic Ex this set, just a feeling. And i bet those Typhlosion's and Meganium's are going to be in a prelease at worlds or something.

ZaPpY_HaPpY said:
WoOOOw
o_O
That could mean that Gold Sky, Silver Sea isn't going to be Ex Emerald o.o

if have honistly never heard anyone here talk about this set then i apologize :thumb:
other wise

:FACE FALL!:
no crap!
we establised that about a mounth ago.....
its only people like you that refuse to belive that this was going to be QCP and Emerald TIN

im sorry, but ther was an enitre thread about this....when we new it was called EX:EMERALD and people still thougth it was going to be gold and silver themed

yet it was SOOO obvious (atleast to people with half a brain) that it wasnt going to be GS:SS :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I dont know if anyone has noticed this but the symbol on deoxys and the symbol on milotic ex are different...
JLYK...
Drew

Milotic & Manectric will be surely the Emerald tin one, but the Manectric could be the one from QCP too... And I'm pretty sure that that basic Energy text was only in order to promote the set

GodTrainer, how can you exactly say that, i mean you could think that its going to be GS:SS based but it might not be and if it isn't, then all well, we will have to wait. My gut feel is that it might not be the set we are thinking of.

Last edited:
Wow, I like the art on the theme decks and boosters. The speed Deoxys is disappointingly weak but none of the regular nonholo Deoxy were anything special in the first place.

RainbowRichards said:
That's what I thought - but isn't there already a theme deck named Wildfire?

Think we have had Bushfire (Base), Windblast (Dragon), FireFang (dragon), WaterBlast (Jungle), - well thats a few from memory that sound similar :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back