Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ex Emerald: Richardson, TX-5/1/05

~~"ex Emerald" Pre-release @ JJK Cards in Richardson, TX~~

That's right, "JJK Cards" will be hosting the "ex Emerald" Pre-release Tournament and "Theme Deck Challenge" on May 1, 2005. You do not want to miss these great cards from this new series with the "Regionals" starting on May14th!!! :clap: :clap:

Details to come for this exciting new series of Pokemon cards. :thumb:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Last edited:
Of course the closest Texas prerelease is the day immediately after the Oklahoma one. Eh, maybe I'll see ya'll there.

Details for "ex Emerald

~~Details for The "ex Emerald" Pre-release~~

Master Professor Birch is making his second stop of the "ex Emerald" Tour at "JJK Cards" in Richardson, Texas. This will be the first chance to get your hands on these new cards. Come and check out the new series of Pokemon cards and expect to have more fun all day long. Oh yes, did I say drawings for "Door Prizes". :biggrin:

~Details for the "ex Emerald" Pre-release at "JJK Cards" in Richardson~

501 S. Plano Road, Suite-667
Richardson, Texas 75081
(Tom will have flyers by March 12, 2005)

Contacts: MP Birch
Phone: (972) 442-5545
Cell: (972) 754-8618
Email: [email protected]

Date: May 1, 2005

Time: 11:00am (Registration Starts)

"GBA" Start Time: 11:20am

Start of Play: 12:00-noon

:clap: "Details of "ex Emerald" Pre-release Tournament" :clap:

Entry Fee: $15.00

Format: Modified Limited (PUI Sanctioned)

Rounds: Age Modified Swiss / 30-Minutes (# 0f Rounds To Be Determined by Attendance)

Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-over)
(Winners of Each Age Group will receive a "Winner's Pre-release Pin")
(Every player will receive: Pre-release Promo Card, Pre-release Player Pin, Four Packs of "ex Emerald", and two POP Promo series-1 Packs...While Supplies Last)

Each player will receive six packs of the "ex Emerald" boosters to make a 40-card deck including energy. Basic energy cards will be provided. We will play ???-rounds of age-modified swiss to determine a cut to the Top-??? of each age group to play for the "Winner Pins". The number of rounds will be determined by attendance.

:clap: "Details of "ex Emerald" Theme Deck Challenge" :clap:

Entry Fee: $15.00

Format: Modified Limited (Non-Sanctioned)

Rounds: Same as above.

Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-Over)
(Every player will receive: Pre-release Promo Card, Pre-release Player Pin, Four Packs of "ex Emerald", and two POP Promo series-1 Packs...While Supplies Last)

Each player will receive a "Theme Deck" and two "ex Emerald" booster packs. The players will play with their "Theme Decks" only. This is a non-sanctioned event. The level of play is for beginners and players that are uncomforable building decks within a time frame. Play is also very relaxed and informal. Players may help each other or ask for help while playing from the tournament staff. The number of rounds in the "Theme Deck Challenge" will be determined by the players in this tournament.

:clap: "Details of the GBA Tournament" :clap:

"GBA" Start Time: 11:20am

The "GBA Tournament" rules are below:

*Entry Fee: FREE

*One Big / Single Elimination Tournament

*Rounds will be 10-Minutes

*Legal GBA Cartridges are Ruby, Sapphire, Fire-Red, Leaf-Green, & ex Emerald

*3-Pokemon not over Level-50

*No two of the same Pokemon

*Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Celebi are banned

*No duplicate held items

*Certain Powers (Rest, Recover, ect.) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match

*"Modified" GBA Cartridges are not NOT allowed

*Judges rulings are final

*Prizes will be determined by attendance & highest finishing player in each Age-Group will win at least one Booster Pack

Good luck to all of the Pokemon players that will be attending the "ex Emerald" Pre-release at "JJK Cards" in Richardson, Texas. I hope to see all of you on May 1, 2005 as the "ex Emerald" tour will be stopping in your town. If you have any questions, please reply on this thread, call, or email MP Birch.

Take care.

Last edited:
I could probably give you a ride there if you pay for gas... or be extra nice to me and buy me lunch every Saturday!

Judging

~~Judges For "ex Emerald" Pre-release ~~

I think that I have posted about judges for my "Premier Events" some where in the past. But, here we go!!! There is a new feature in non-premier tournaments as of March 15th. I can now add a judge or judges to all of my sanctioned tournaments. The number of judges depends on the attendance of the tournament. :wink:

On May 1st, we will have the "ex Emerald" Pre-release at "JJK Cards". If you are planning on attending "Origins-2005" and playing in the "Professor's Cup 2005" on Friday, July 1, 2005, and if you need your 10-"Professor's Points" for admission to this tournament, please "PM" or email MP Birch about staffing for the "ex Emerald" Pre-release or one of the "Weekly Tournaments" that are held every Sunday at "JJK Cards". :cool:

Please do not "PM" or email me about helping staff this event unless you are sure that you are going to "Origins-2005" and playing in the "Professor's Cup 2005". Let's get as many Pokemon Professors as we can from Texas attending and representing Texas as possible. MP Birch can "Pokemon Party" for four days in Columbus, Ohio during "Origins 2005" with our friends from Texas and Oklahoma. :clap: :clap:

Thanks and I am looking forward to having you as staff for the "ex Emerald" Pre-release.

Door Prizes

~~ex Emerald...Door Prizes...And More~~

Oh yes, I did say "Door Prizes" in my previous post. Below are the "Door Prizes" for the "ex Emerald" Pre-release Tournament.

:clap: "Door Prizes" :clap:

* "ex Emerald" Theme Decks

* The New Pokemon Art Sleeves (Deck Protectors)

* "ex Emerald" Box Toppers

* FREE Admission to the next Pre-release Tournament (August 2005)

*The Small Pokemon Figures (Everyone after You turn in your Deck List)

:thumb: "New Player Program" :thumb:

Also, MP Birch will continue the "New Player Program". All new players will receive a free "ex Emerald" Booster Pack.

Players that bring these new players will receive the following.

1-New Player: 1-"ex Emerald" Booster Pack (For Each New Player that You Bring)

3-New Players: 1-"ex Emerald" Theme Deck + Boosters for Each New Player

5-New Players: FREE Admission to the "ex Emerald" Pre-release + One "ex Emerald" Theme Deck + Boosters for Each New Player

All right, get your mom, dad, brother, and sister ready to play Pokemon as a family. You can get more of these great new cards at a great price. Plus, you will receive the "New Player" benefits. :biggrin:

Whicker said:
This sucks... looks as if I'll miss both prereleases AND Regionals.

Well you will be missed greatly...not only for your level of competition but for your personality as well :thumb:

Hopefully things may change.....you know "Murphy's Law" always the unknown factor. :thumb:

Last edited:
Back