Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EX-era Box Toppers

Frost

Hey guys,

While searching around to fill holes in my English sets, I've noticed that a couple EX box topper secret cards -- namely, Hidden Legends Groudon 102 and Holon Phantoms Mew 111 -- had non-holographic versions. Is this possible? I thought all of the EX box toppers were holographic, but this Groudon, for example, has none of the telltale signs of being fake, and I have a non-holo version of HP Mew that's in the same boat. Were they reprinted elsewhere or something?

Thanks for any help! :thumb:

MA - Absol or Jiachi cant remember
HL - Groudon
RG - Charmander
RR - Charmeleon
DX - Rocket's Raikou EX
EM - Farfetchd
UF - Rocket's Persian EX
DS - Azumaril
LM - Pikachu delta
HP - Mew

theres none after, which SUCKS

I'm not sure about the Groudon, but the non-holo Holon Phantoms Mew came in the Lucario movie on DVD. So the non-holo one isn't a box topper at all, even though it has the same set number as the more common box-topper version.

MA - Absol or Jiachi cant remember
HL - Groudon
RG - Charmander
RR - Charmeleon
DX - Rocket's Raikou EX
EM - Farfetchd
UF - Rocket's Persian EX
DS - Azumaril
LM - Pikachu delta
HP - Mew

theres none after, which SUCKS

the MA box topper was jirachi absol i remember it being in ex dragon.the groudon link on ebay is holo.none of the box toppers ever came in non-holo except the mew that was in the lucario movie dvd.

Yeah, I had to send the seller a question a few hours ago to find out if it was a holo because the picture did not look like one at all.

Absol was a regular holo in EX Dragon, though. I just looked up a booster box opening on Youtube and I don't think that set had a specific box topper.

it didnt look like it at first but if you zoomed in to the card you can see a small holo speckle on it.the absol i was thinking of was the one from ex MA as well it was a secret.

Back