Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EX. Legend Maker / The Woodlands & Katy, Texas

Team Cook

Mark your calendars.

The Woodlands, Texas 2/4/06 Holiday Inn Express

Katy, Texas 2/11/06 Heroes Collectables 617 Mason Road

Yes, we have moved or Prerelease in Houston to Katy, Texas. We now have a bigger store and can continue to hold events on Saturdays. The new Heroes Collectables in Katy is a very nice store and Team Cook looks forward to many Pokemon events to be held there.

Starting times for both events. NOTICE the difference in start times.

The Woodlands: 10:00 am to 11:15 am Registration
10:30 am GameBoy Tournament
11:15 am Seating and Open Packs (6 packs as always)
12:00 pm Round 1 Begins
We will break for a 1 hour lunch break after round 2.
We will have playoffs for this event.

Katy, Texas: 9:00 am to 10:00 am Registration
10:00 am Seating and Open packs (6 packs as always)
10:45 am Round 1 Begins
We will break for a 1 hour lunch break after round 2.
We will have playoffs for this event.
*** If we have a demand for a GameBoy tournament, we'll do one
after the prerelease tournament.

Main tournament: Entry fee is 20.00

You will get 8 booster packs of the Legend Maker cards (6 to start with, then 2 after the tournament).
There will be a cool Legend Maker item while supplies last. I will have more than 50.
You'll get the promotional card and badge, whlie supplies last.

Theme Deck Tournament: Entry fee is 20.00

You will get a Legend Maker Theme Deck to start with. After the Theme Deck tournament, you will get 4 booster packs of the Legend Maker cards.
There will be a cool Legend Maker item while supplies last.
You'll get the promotional card and badge, while supplies last.

Last edited:
Team Cook said:
Mark your calanders. Everything will be confirmed by January 3rd.

The Woodlands, Texas 2/4/05

Houston, Texas 2/11/05

Will do a formal post later.
I'm assuming you mean 4 & 11 February 2006 since both the dates you gave were Fridays earlier this year. If the dates are correct, thanks for the Saturdays; James and I will be looking forward to them.

p.s. How does one get one of those cool Professor Avatars after passing the test?

Team Cook said:
Locations set for both tournaments.

The Woodlands, Texas / Old reliable Holiday Inn Express / Febuary 4th

Katy, Texas / Heroes Collectables (Mason Road location) / Febuary 11th
Saturdays, easy to get to locations, I wonder what could possibly happen to mess up this perfect recipe.

Expert Ty said:
Saturdays, easy to get to locations, I wonder what could possibly happen to mess up this perfect recipe.

Nothing that I know of. As long as I have an advanced notice on dates, Saturdays shouldn't be a problem. Chris at Heroes is very happy with us and has pretty much given me the key to the front door. As far as The Woodlands is concerned, I'll continue with the Holiday Inn Express as long as they're available.

Keep in mind, we like Saturdays. It would only be because of venue availability that we'd have a tournament on Sunday.

Ty, check your pm.

Awesome, gotta make it to these PreReleases! Heard there was some very good cards in these sets...

Hey Xeno, isn't it time for one of those road trips from the Houston gang? We haven't seen the gang together in some time now. Y'all need to get the gang back together. Make it a mission from God. Hey, it worked for the Blues Brothers. I'm sure y'all could use another "red door" story to talk about.

more red door stories indeed mike.
I donno if we want to drive erm i donno.
I am thinking driving myself cause its just easier going 288 to 45 XD
make everyone drive to Sienna Plantation!! yay!
going to Dairy Ashford to too far to pick up people :O!
buying cards from Tina= good.

Gooooooood morning Texas Pokemon players. Saturday morning will be a beautiful morning so this is what you need to do. Get your car cleaned up, packed up and ready to go. Tops down, windows down, radio turned up, ROAD TRIP to The Woodlands for the EX Legend Maker Prerelease.

Come join us in The Woodlands. More the players, more the fun.

Xeno Alton can't go I think, and I dont want to drive to Dary Ashford.
If I am driving Seth Can Not go with us.

No Tina isn't pushing for 1st one through the door.
however it does take 1hr 20 min approx to get there.
need to leave by 8 15 from Sienna, Missouri City/ or Sugarland/Stafford Area

Tina will not give her packs to anyone else even if you pay me.
IE Adam who can't go either.

ALL PEOPLE who ride with Tina Can watch Fushigi Yuugi - The Mysterious Play.

NOTE TO ALL Houston Pokemon Lovers:
Excluding people who owe me money.
TUESDAYS: Tina Is Going to the Woodlands/Conroe, College Park/Whatever League.
(I-45, exit 79) You can get a ride if you meet me around 2 30 - 3 30pm
at The Houston Community College West Loop Library/Campus (by 610 and HWY 59)
Leagur runs 4 45 pm - 7 30p ish

bring your deck and be ready to annoy Mike.

Last edited:
A HUGE thanks to ALL the players that made it out yesterday. We ended up with 100+ players for the day (75 in the main event).

A special thanks to our Brownsville players. Making an 8 hour drive for a Prerelease? WOW. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Homeofmew had no "red door" stories, but did bring Alton. The red coat should be a story by itself. All of us in Team Cook are trying to figure that one out.

Team Cook first one through the door bet. We all lost again. We didn't expext the Brownsville players. They got there 2 hours early.

Congratulations to the winners: Grant K (10 & Under) / Psyco Pedestrian (11 to 14) / David C. (15 & up)

Hats off Award: This is a new Team Cook award for every tournament. Goes to..........

Sandra Hayes (Mom) This single mother has a boy in the 10 & Under group. She's been trying so hard to learn the game of Pokemon and she finally won her first two games (other than byes) in a tournament. Great Job Sandra.

Happy Birthday to little Matthew S. He turned 6 yesterday.

Who always win a door prize? The Sweeeeeeeeeets. The Sweets are WELL known for winning something at every tournament. Heck, there's 5 of them that play. We were down to our last 3 door prizes before Team Sweet Mom won something. We can all rest now.

Thanks again for coming out. Hope y'all had a good time.

Back