Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"ex Unseen Forces": San Antonio, TX...August 13, 2005

**** "ex Unseen Forces" Pre-release @ Purple Cactus Comics ****

One week before "Worlds '05", the "Purple Cactus Comics" will host the new "ex Unseen Forces" Pre-release Tournament. That's right!!! San Antonio is not the last stop for the MP Birch Tour for this Pre-release. Because of "Worlds '05", MP Birch has two days to put on three of these Pre-releases. So, with the help of "old man" in Oklahoma, MP Birch will put on the Oklahoma and San Antonio Pre-releases on the same day. :eek: :eek:

MP Birch will be adding details for this exciting event in the coming weeks. :clap: :clap:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Although I'm not going, Birch, I still appreciate you putting all these prereleases on so they do not conflict with worlds! I missed the FRLG one because of such =(

Details: "ex Unseen Forces" Pre-release

**** Details: "ex Unseen Forces" Pre-release" ****

The "ex Unseen Forces" Pre-release will take place the weekend before "Worlds '05". This will be the only weekend that MP Birch can put these pre-releases on for the Pokemon players in Texas and Oklahoma. I have three pre-releases for these two days. San Antonio, your town will have MP Birch at your event. I am looking forward to the attendance at this exciting event. As each tournament that MP Birch puts on in San Antonio, the attendance seems to increase!!! I can tell you that we will have Pokemon Fun on this day in San Antonio!!!

Below are the details for the "San Antonio~ex Unseen Forces" Pre-release.

8180 Tezel Road
San Antonio, Texas 78250
(Alice has flyers for this event at the store.)

Contacts: MP Birch
Phone: (972) 442-5545
Cell: (972) 754-8618
Email: [email protected]

Date: August 13, 2005

Entry Fee: $15.00

Time: 10:00am (Registration Begins)

GBA~Tournament: 10:30am

"ex Unseen Forces" Pre-release: 11:30am

"ex Unseen Forces" Theme Deck Challenge: 11:40am

Lunch: After Round-3 (Around 1:00pm)

Top-? Cut: After Swiss Rounds

"ex Unseen Forces" Booster Draft: After Main Event is Over

:clap: "Details of "ex unseen Forces" Pre-release Tournament" :clap:

Format: Modified Limited (PUI Sanctioned)

Rounds: Age Modified Swiss / 30-Minutes (# 0f Rounds To Be Determined by Attendance)

Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-over)
(Winners of Each Age Group will receive a "Winner's Pre-release Pin")
(Every player will receive: Pre-release Promo Card, Pre-release Player Pin, Four Packs of "ex Unseen Forces", and two POP Promo Series-1 Packs...While Supplies Last)

Each player will receive six packs of the "ex Unseen Forces" boosters to make a 40-card deck including energy. Basic energy cards will be provided. We will play ???-rounds of age-modified swiss to determine a cut to the Top-??? of each age group to play for the "Winner Pins". The number of rounds will be determined by attendance.

:clap: "Details of "ex Unseen Forces" Theme Deck Challenge" :clap:

Format: Modified Limited (Non-Sanctioned)

Rounds: Same as above.

Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-Over)
(Every player will receive: Pre-release Promo Card, Pre-release Player Pin, Four Packs of "ex Unseen Forces", and two POP Promo Series-1 Packs...While Supplies Last)

Each player will receive an "ex Unseen Forces" Theme Deck and two "ex Unseen Forces" booster packs. The players will play with their "Theme Decks" only. This is a non-sanctioned event. The level of play is for beginners and players that are uncomforable building decks within a time frame. Play is also very relaxed and informal. Players may help each other or ask for help while playing from the tournament staff. The number of rounds in the "Theme Deck Challenge" will be determined by the players in this tournament.

:clap: "Details of the GBA Tournament" :clap:

"GBA" Start Time: 10:30am

The "GBA Tournament" rules are below:

*Entry Fee: FREE

*One Big / Single Elimination Tournament

*Rounds will be 10-Minutes

*Legal GBA Cartridges are Ruby, Sapphire, Fire-Red, Leaf-Green, & ex Emerald

*3-Pokemon not over Level-50

*No two of the same Pokemon

*Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Celebi are banned

*No duplicate held items

*Certain Powers (Rest, Recover, ect.) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match

*"Modified" GBA Cartridges are not NOT allowed

*Judges rulings are final

*Prizes will be determined by attendance & highest finishing player in each Age-Group will win at least one Booster Pack

:clap: ~Side Event: "ex Unseen Forces" Booster Draft Tournament~ :clap:

Start Time: ASAP after Finals of Pre-release Tournament (ETA-5:00pm)

Format: Modified Constructed Limited (PUI Sanctioned)

Rounds: Age-Modified Swiss-25 Minutes (# 0f Rounds To Be Determined by Attendance)

Prizes: two "ex Unseen Forces" Booster Packs will be put into the Prize Pool for each player in this tournament. Players will vote if all Booster Packs go into the "Top-8" Prize Pool or if each player will receive one Booster Pack at the end of this tournament and the remaining packs go into the "Top-8".

Each player will receive six "ex Unseen Forces" Booster Packs and will go by the "Booster Draft" rules of PUI. Each pack is open and passed after a card is drafted for eack Booster Pack. Players then make a 40-card deck including energy. Basic Energy will be provided. We will play ???-rounds of Age-Modified Swiss depending on the attendance of this event. We will take the "Top-8" and do the "Single Elimination" for our winner. These are always fun to play in and are highly recomennded for players that want these new series of cards at a great price.

Good luck to all of the Pokemon players that will be attending the "ex Unseen Forces" Pre-release at "Purple Cactus Comics" in San Antonio, Texas. We hope to see all of you on August 13, 2005 as "ex Unseen Forces" will be coming to your town, first. If you have any questions, please reply on this thread, call, or email MP Birch.

Take care.

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Last edited:
Oh I can't wait, this should be a very good set. My sister is still studying and trying to pass her Professor Test, so she can one day Judge one of these Event. :)

Last edited:
Still got around 3 weeks till the Pre-Release...that gives you plenty of time to save up money for the upcoming Pre-Releases. Pre-Releases are all about having fun, and with Birch running the show...it should be a blast. :)

beatlerat said:
What ??????? Another reason to travel to San Antonio that weekend? I'm in heaven......(Sigh)

That's right, Poke-Friends!!! Just like "beatlerat", you too, can be in Poke-Heaven by attending the "ex Unseen Forces" Pre-release at "Purple Cactus Comics" in San Antonio!!! "ex Unseen Forces"...maybe we will be able to see the "Unseen Forces" of Pokemon that Saturday.

MP Birch

FREE~Admission

:eek: :biggrin: FREE~Admission :biggrin: :eek:

Just a reminder, the following player has won free admission to the "ex Unseen Forces" Pre-release on August 13th:

:clap: Luis J. :clap:

We will have "Door Prizes" during the Pre-release as always. Will you win the "FREE Admission" for the next Pre-release??? :wink: Or will you win "FREE Admission" for all of next year!!! :thumb:

Take care.

:pokeball: MP Birch :pokeball:

Man Luis J. you are really lucky. The one who wins the Free Admission all year is gonna have it made. I'm sure there will be an increase in players like usual, I have new League Members coming in. We will have a good turnout like we usually do...and just a couple of weeks to go. 140 cards in this set, so better get them at PreReleases for good deals. :)

Less than 2 weeks away, if your in the area come by and get some of the great set of Unseen Forces before they are released in stores. August 13th will be a day you can't miss, come down to Purple Cactus and have some fun. :)

I haven't posted anything in a long time, so I guess I just have to say good luck to everyone.
I can't wait this is gonna be an awesome set and tournament.

good luck to all my friends at this event ^_^
go go professor elm who was nice to me at GC and States ^_^

:clap: "7" more days and counting until the "ex Unseen Forces" will be landing at the "Purple Cactus Comics" in San Antonio, Texas!!! :clap: I cannot wait to see this set of new cards. This series will surely change the "MEGA-GAME"!!! This is the last weekend of summer until school starts back up. End the summer with a blast...be sure to attend this Pokemon event...you will be the first in Texas to get your hands on these new cards. As our Pre-release will start two hours before "The Woodlands"!!! 140-new Pokemon cards...who will be the first in San Antonio to catch them all!!! It will not be you if you miss this exciting event. :redface:

Be here next Saturday, August 13th at the "Purple Cactus Comics" to end your summer fun on a high note with these new Pokemon cards!!! MP Birch can't wait to see all of my Poke-Friends in San Antonio. So, come on out for all the Poke-fun in San Antonio. MP Birch will be signing cards for you. :thumb:

Until then...take care. :cool:

:pokeball: MP Birch :pokeball:

Last edited:
Just a couple more days till Saturday, man I can't wait...going to be so much fun. Who will win the free Pre-Releases for a year? You gotta be there if you want to get that and get some other great Prizes as well. I will get the place ready on Friday night...so everything should be up and running for Saturday. Hope to see everyone there. :)

Back