Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Exploding Lightning! 4-1 at BR! Another BR tomorrow New List HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonwarrior

I built this deck for fun, but it started to win at league and i went 4-1 with it at my local BR. So i wanna see if i can fix it up a little! All help and advice would be great!

POKEMON = 21
4 Exeggcute LA
4 Exeggutor LA

4 Electabuzz SW
3 Electavire SW
1 Electavire LvX MT

1 Regirock LA

2 Baltoy
2 Claydol

Supporters = 8
4 Roseanne's Research
2 Rowan
2 Felicity's

Trainers = 13
4 Quick
3 Pokeball
2 Switch
2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance

Energy = 18
10 Electric
6 Psychic
2 fighting

Strategy:

Try to start with Eggs, if you get any of the random basics there should be enough warps and switchs to get you out.

waste cards in hand to get closes to 0
easy way to reduce hand:

Lunatone discard a fighting

Regirock discard 2 lightnings attach a the fighting

Electivire motor drives the 2 lightnings

When you have close 0-2 cards in hand use Egg's psychic strategy so that your opponent starts to struggle and then rinse and repeat the regivire combo and you'll be able to get tons of energies on the field.

Start using Egg's Super eggplosion with all the energies on the field via regivire

there's only 4 psychic energies and cannot be retrieved out of the discard pile so saves this for eggs and eggs only!

any help would be great!

Last edited:
i think it looks great:thumb:

the only change id make is to take out 1-1 electivire and 2 rowans and put in 4 bebes search

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:hope i helped:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

a list similar to this one came in third at my br, such a solid deck list, thanks for posting this, will definitly test and play around with it.

much appreciated , wouldnt change anything.

i think it looks great:thumb:

the only change id make is to take out 1-1 electivire and 2 rowans and put in 4 bebes search

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:hope i helped:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bebes did cross my mind and yes at one point it was in the deck.

Pros
Reduces amount of cards in hand to help with psychic strategy
gets the EXACT pokemon i want

Cons
might have to shuffle an energy to get a pokemon
there's no claydol in the deck so wasting a supporter turn is not going to help
since egg's attack will shrink my opponent's hand to almost nothing bebe's will not help me in future turns where as rowans will refresh my hand.
can use a supporter and quickball in the same turn
with 33 and 44 and 11 lines of pokemon quick ball is pretty consistent with the pokemon i want

But i am thinking about putting some bebes maybe two lightning for two bebes

thats funny! you must be rolling like 5 dice a turn.

congrats

maybe a 1-1-1 dusknoir , cripple, good attack

thanks, but i actually roll up to 7 dice a turn, and only got 3. It's a flippy deck but if you get at least 3 a turn you're all set!

yeah, i noticed that a lot of people are playing heavy bench, the problem is that i need my bench for electivires so another bench space would be losing one more energy to flip...

Instead of regirock+lunatone, you could use 2 or 3 Rayquazas.

Drop Cynthia's and Rowan's, Cynthia's is over-rated (you shouldn't be losing pokemon that often, or if you do, you should just save the card for those times rather than hoping to draw into one). Instead, 4x Felicity's to get cards faster and discard lightning energies might be a better play.

Due to the unique nature of this deck (psychic strategy is a high priority), though, you might be better off eliminating supporters altogether. I would normally say drop the Dusk Balls for Pokeball. If you duskball and you have 5 or 6 pokemon cards used already your odds of hitting the exact pokemon you want are pretty bad (probably less than 50%), so pokeball isn't as bad an option as some people think, just going purely by statistics. But in this case, you might as well just add Pokeballs AND Dusk Balls (for a full 4-4-4 Ball Engine) in exchange for a few energies or supporters.

If you get your engine right, this deck might not need Claydol. 4 Felicity's and 2-4 Roseanne's might be the only supporters you want to play.

Up to you.

Instead of regirock+lunatone, you could use 2 or 3 Rayquazas.

Yes that Suggestion came my way in the past, the problem with this was that rayquaza requires you to flip and when the first one is tails it foils the plan completely. I did try it but only 1, maybe 2 or 3 will make a little bit more consistent than 4 electivires because Ray is a basic!

I found regirock and lunatone more consistent because lunatone discards a card without wasting a supporter turn and reduces one card from you hand. Regirock discards two cards from you hand reducing more cards in your hand and is a guaranteed energy. With that that's 3 less cards in your hand for a good old psychic strategy!

Drop Cynthia's and Rowan's, Cynthia's is over-rated (you shouldn't be losing pokemon that often, or if you do, you should just save the card for those times rather than hoping to draw into one). Instead, 4x Felicity's to get cards faster and discard lightning energies might be a better play.

yes yes you are completely right, cynthia's feelings is overrated, but i am not using it to draw 8 after a pokemon dies. I'm playing a total of 6 shuffling cards this is due to the point that i'm not playing claydol(unfortunately he's bench space.) however, since every deck does consist of claydols and my opponent will always top deck into one, Cynthia's drawing 4 is great because i can reduce my hand easier! Felicity's was my first choice actually, but the problem was that i wasn't able to discard enough cards for my opponent to draw less then 2 cards.

Due to the unique nature of this deck (psychic strategy is a high priority), though, you might be better off eliminating supporters altogether. I would normally say drop the Dusk Balls for Pokeball. If you duskball and you have 5 or 6 pokemon cards used already your odds of hitting the exact pokemon you want are pretty bad (probably less than 50%), so pokeball isn't as bad an option as some people think, just going purely by statistics. But in this case, you might as well just add Pokeballs AND Dusk Balls (for a full 4-4-4 Ball Engine) in exchange for a few energies or supporters.

If you get your engine right, this deck might not need Claydol. 4 Felicity's and 2-4 Roseanne's might be the only supporters you want to play.

Up to you.

You're right about pokeball having a better chance then dusk ball and i was planing to change it and i probably will. Every time i dusked i got nothing.

i could drop 2-4 energies, the reason why it's so high is because i found myself discard a lot of game breaking cards with regirock.

again, i'm kinda not feeling the felicitys.

thanks i'll make the fixs and see how much more consistent it is!

very original deck. Looks like it works well too. I might have to try it...

thanks, it's consistent in the sense that it can set up, the only reason why it's not consistent is because of all the flipping!

I found that this deck has a good match up against Kingdra during my battle road testing. If i reduce their hand small enough they won't have cards to discard for the 60 and snipe. Also, instead of using Eggs, you can use Electivire and only need to flip two heads instead of three with eggs!

This deck is BEGGING for draw power. I don't understand how you can play any deck without some, other than waiting for someone to get KO'd to use Cynthia's. I would try to fit in 2 Uxie, because the last time I checked drawing 7 cards is pretty good.

This deck is BEGGING for draw power. I don't understand how you can play any deck without some, other than waiting for someone to get KO'd to use Cynthia's. I would try to fit in 2 Uxie, because the last time I checked drawing 7 cards is pretty good.

4 cythina's 2 rowans egg's psychic strategy? that's enough draw power considering they're my only supporters. The reason why cynthia's is overrated is for people who care about it's max power and holding back because they don't want to draw 4.

Psychic strategy for the people who don't know.
You and your opponent count the number of cards in his or her hand then both players shuffle their hand into their deck. You draw the amount of cards your opponent had and your opponent draws to the same number you had.
(not exact words but you get the point)

Not only does this fill up your hand but it destroys your opponent's hand and set up especially early game where they don't have a claydol and is struggling to top deck a claydol or Bebe

if you have been reading fellow post, i could careless if i draw 4 or 8 i do not wait for one of my pokemon to get KOed to use cynthina's.

If you notice this deck is Bench full to get max energies, ideal being 3 electivires 1 regirock 1 lunatune and/or another eggs or vire.

If i were to put Uxie in draw 7 for one turn would yeah help, but he's a sitting duck for the whole game and reduces one more energy that can come into play

I like the concept and all, but how do you expect to win without being called a lucksac?

it's fun and all but in competitive play you'll never see a victory medal

i agress with Ashinto the lvX would probably be the best thing to deal consistent damage with flipping a coin!

Last edited:
4 Exeggcute LA
4 Exeggutor LA
4 Electabuzz SW
4 Electavire SW
1 Lunatone GE
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol

4 Roseanne's Research
4 Felicity's Drawing
4 Bebe's Search
2 Cynthia

4 Quick
2 Switch/Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance

12 Electric
5 Psychic

That should get you leaning towards a faster and better looking list, maybe try adding an Uxie and/or Uxie Lv. X if it's still slow

And If you like trying to get your hand down to 0, I'd reccomend possibly adding Dusk Ball's over Quick since you're not forced to get a pokemon, or possibly getting rid of Bebe's even for Radar's as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back