Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Explosive Birth Lugia

DLoza737

I was curious to know the value of the Explosive Birth Lugia card. I believe it is part of the 10th Anniversary collection. I tried to search older posts, but the last response was about 3 years ago. I'm also having trouble finding it on ebay. I'd appreciate any responses! Thank you!

I found these that have ended recently. I also personally sold one for $18 about 9 months ago. The price of this card has dropped since people can buy the entire 12 card set for around $50.

Just as an FYI, it is rather hard to search for these movie cards, as they have no set number. Some people don't mention that they are movie promos, so the easiest way is to just search like "Japanese Lugia," then just look through the pictures until you find your card.

Hope this helps :thumb:

I found these that have ended recently. I also personally sold one for $18 about 9 months ago. The price of this card has dropped since people can buy the entire 12 card set for around $50.

Hope this helps :thumb:

Yes that helps greatly! I appreciate it! :thumb:

---------- Post added 02/22/2013 at 03:56 PM ----------

Just saw the second part of your post and yeah I've been finding it difficult to find one. I was able to find someone who is willing to trade it (not on here, but local) and I was curious to know it's value so I can build up some kind of offer. Thanks for the help! Hopefully I'll have the card soon!

Wow I never knew it was called explosive birth lugia... all i know that is 1) it's part of the 10th movie set and 2) that i owned it .. LOL

Wow I never knew it was called explosive birth lugia... all i know that is 1) it's part of the 10th movie set and 2) that i owned it .. LOL

LOL yeah in my effort to try to find it I also discovered the name of the card which is pretty awesome if you ask me!

Just saw the second part of your post and yeah I've been finding it difficult to find one. I was able to find someone who is willing to trade it (not on here, but local) and I was curious to know it's value so I can build up some kind of offer. Thanks for the help! Hopefully I'll have the card soon!

Personally I would recommend that you just buy the whole set. They come in a rather nice binder, and will be guaranteed to be in Mint condition. Plus, if you don't like the other cards, most of the lesser ones sell for $5 a pop.

The main ones in the set (if you wind up being interested in it) are these:

Striking Back Mewtwo
Explosive Birth Lugia
Timeless Celebi
Tree of Beginning's Mew
Alto Mare's Latias
Alto Mare's Latios

This set came with 12 cards right? and the binder has 11 cards, but you have to get the darkrai promo separately.

This set came with 12 cards right? and the binder has 11 cards, but you have to get the darkrai promo separately.

No the set comes with the Dakrai promo, the only difference is that the Darkrai is part of the DP-P expansion. Here is some more info about it

@ mods - I would not have posted a Bulb link, but we have no info on the set here. The only pic I could find of any cards from this set was this one

Yeah.. You have to get the Darkrai separately.. because I got a factory sealed one and it came with a factory sealed darkrai separately.

Yeah.. You have to get the Darkrai separately.. because I got a factory sealed one and it came with a factory sealed darkrai separately.

Not sure how yours came, but here is how mine came. Darkrai has its own place in the binder, name and everything.

An 11 card set would not look nice in a binder, especially if there was an empty space.

-EDIT-

I did not buy this item, it was just one that I found that had a picture of the binder opened.

When you said Explosive birth lugia... I thought it was a new card where there's a baby lugia.. haha.

---------- Post added 02/22/2013 at 04:57 PM ----------

Mine came like this with a factory sealed Darkrai Promo loose.. In my collection, I kept the darkrai loose because I don't want to open the factory sealed to insert an opened darkrai promo. Collectors prefer the darkrai to be sealed

Mine came like this with a factory sealed Darkrai Promo loose.. In my collection, I kept the darkrai loose because I don't want to open the factory sealed to insert an opened darkrai promo. Collectors prefer the darkrai to be sealed

Huh, that's weird. Kinda wish mine has come sealed now, but at least it is in Mint condition.

Either way, going back to the OP; this set is pretty awesome. The Lugia is one of the most sought after from the set too; so if you can get your hands on it, by all means do :thumb:

You know what's funny about this set... Everybody has a special name or something (pokemon name) then... theres darkrai.. just plain darkrai.

All the cards in the set are in between
$5-15 in value.

If you need other questions answered just ask!
I tend to look into things such as the movie decks :)

Hey everybody thanks for the responses! I'm definitely considering getting the whole set as each card is awesome on it's own! But for right now I'm probably going to focus on the Lugia! I didn't realize it came with its own folder and everything so that's awesome! If I have any further questions regarding the set I'll definitely make sure to come to you, thanks!

The Darkrai did not come with the set, the set was released sealed with 11 cards, and you got the Darkrai by attending a cinema screening of the Darkrai movie.

Exactly.

What is really strange, is with all the cameo pokemon, such as Explosive Birth Lugia, that Darkrai is the only one without something in front of it's name.
I find it mildly intriguing, because in the following movie set, the Shaymin and Giratina both got names.

:)

Exactly.

What is really strange, is with all the cameo pokemon, such as Explosive Birth Lugia, that Darkrai is the only one without something in front of it's name.
I find it mildly intriguing, because in the following movie set, the Shaymin and Giratina both got names.

:)

Same exact thing I said on post #13

Reread my post.

because in the following movie set, the Shaymin and Giratina both got names.

I elaborated on what you wrote.
In all the movie decks, the pokemon usually have something in front of their names.
Since darkrai wasn't actually a part of this set, it makes sense that it didn't have something in front.

Favorite thing about this card?
For years, people have argued whether or not the (gorgeously animated) attack Lugia uses on Lawrence's ship in the film's climax is Aeroblast or Hyper Beam. So which attack does this card based on that actual Lugia from the Movie have?

Both, it actually has both. :lol:

Back