Exploud's Ambient Noise and DRE and Tangrowth's Power Whip with Plus Power

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by ApachePrime, Apr 24, 2008.

1. ApachePrime

ApachePrime New Member

Quick question:

Seeing the ruling:
    And the ruling:
    Would a DRE reduce the damage done to all bench pokemon to 10, or would it still be 20?

Also, Effects on the attacking pokemon cannot add damage done to a benched pokemon, what if I'm using a plus power with Power Whip on Tangrowth, when the attack is direct?

Finally with this ruling:
    Would attaching an Unown G to a pokemon remove special conditions as well? Is this only Holon Energy GL or would I have to follow these rulings:

and
    Please clarify on the Compendium, since these two statements are directly contradictory.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  2. mtjimmer

mtjimmer Master Trainer, Emeritus

1. DRE still reduces damage done. Technically the initial rule that you mention only refer to *adding* damage, but I can see the possible confusion.

2. PlusPower specifically mentions doing damage must be done to the Active Pokemon.

3. Unown G only prevents new effects, it does not remove old effects. (It has to be on the Pokemon at the time it was attacked - just like Holon WP.) Things like Holon Energy GL or Sidney's Stadium basically establish a game rule for that Pokemon - it can't have Special Conditions (or specific Special Conditions.) If it has those Special Conditions, the game rule jumps in and ends it.