Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Exploud's Ambient Noise and DRE and Tangrowth's Power Whip with Plus Power

ApachePrime

Quick question:

Seeing the ruling:
Effects on the Attacking Pokemon cannot add to damage done to a Benched Pokemon. Examples: PlusPower, Darkness Energy (special), and Strength Charm. (Jan 31, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

And the ruling:
Q. Does Double Rainbow Energy still take 10 damage off of bench damaging attacks?
A. Yes, DRE can reduce damage done to the Bench. (Mar 25, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Would a DRE reduce the damage done to all bench pokemon to 10, or would it still be 20?

Also, Effects on the attacking pokemon cannot add damage done to a benched pokemon, what if I'm using a plus power with Power Whip on Tangrowth, when the attack is direct?

Finally with this ruling:
Q. If I have a Pokémon with basic Grass Energy attached that is affected by one or more Special Conditions, when I attach Holon Energy GL is it cured of those conditions?
A. Yes, it would remove Special Conditions on that Pokémon. (Nov 3, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Would attaching an Unown G to a pokemon remove special conditions as well? Is this only Holon Energy GL or would I have to follow these rulings:

Q. Do I get to remove any Special Conditions (i.e. Poison, Asleep, etc.) when I attach Holon Energy WP to that Pokémon?
A. No, Holon Energy WP doesn't remove Special Conditions, but it prevents them from being placed by attacks made after it has been attached. (May 18, 2006 PUI Rules Team)
and
Q. Do I get to remove any Special Conditions (i.e. Poison, Asleep, etc.) when I attach Holon Energy WP to that Pokémon?
A. No, Holon Energy WP doesn't remove Special Conditions, but it prevents them from being placed by attacks made after it has been attached. (May 18, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

Please clarify on the Compendium, since these two statements are directly contradictory.

Last edited:
1. DRE still reduces damage done. Technically the initial rule that you mention only refer to *adding* damage, but I can see the possible confusion.

2. PlusPower specifically mentions doing damage must be done to the Active Pokemon.

3. Unown G only prevents new effects, it does not remove old effects. (It has to be on the Pokemon at the time it was attacked - just like Holon WP.) Things like Holon Energy GL or Sidney's Stadium basically establish a game rule for that Pokemon - it can't have Special Conditions (or specific Special Conditions.) If it has those Special Conditions, the game rule jumps in and ends it.

Back