Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Extreme Collectors come here! How rare are...

UncleBob

I'm wondering how rare/hard to get a particular pair of Pokémon cards are. I've already got 'em, so this doesn't really belong on the trading board.

The two cards I'm wondering about were given out at the 2002 E³ convention. They're Pichu and Hoppip from the WotC Expedition series, but feature the Japanese backing (gold border, energy symbols, etc.) Included with these two cards was Manhole-e, a card that, when scanned, features an old LCD style Game and Watch game and a Kirby Prize Card (used to tell people if they won prizes from NoA at E³).

My questions are as follows:

How hard-core of a Pokémon collector are you?
Did you know these two cards exist? (I'm assuming that most everyone does...)
Do *you* have these two cards?
If so, how difficult/easy were they for you to obtain?
Did you get them with the Manhole & Kirby card?
If yes. do you still have the Manhole & Kirby card?
Did yours still come in the sealed foil package advertising the e-Reader?
If yes, did you open your package?

In your opinion, on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the absolute hardest Pokémon card to ever get, 10 being a Common TM/TA card) where would these two cards rank?

And, finally, if someone *did* want to get these two cards, how easy would they be to get *now* (if you knew the right people and had the right amount of money)? I don't see 'em up on eBay, but then I don't really look for 'em....

Thanks for the help with my little survey questinaire... :)

Not as hard core as most of the people that frequent the Trading Forum, but hard core enough.
Did you know these two cards exist? (I'm assuming that most everyone does...)
Yes
No. (see? Not hard core as I could be)
They come up on eBay now and then

I probably would

In your opinion, on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the absolute hardest Pokémon card to ever get, 10 being a Common TM/TA card) where would these two cards rank?
3 to 4

And, finally, if someone *did* want to get these two cards, how easy would they be to get *now* (if you knew the right people and had the right amount of money)? I don't see 'em up on eBay, but then I don't really look for 'em....
I could get them if I was willing to try hard enough.
Haven't focused on them.

I'd have to rank myself as moderately hard core. I have been able to obtain some nice cards (and in most cases 3 copies of those cards) but 1st ed. Base and Base Shadowless sets are not complete and we don't have many teir 1 cards (no HP Dark Persian, wrong number Dark Dragonite, Trainer deck A, RH TV Reporter, etc).

Did you know these two cards exist?
Yes they made quite the splash when they were discovered.

No.

Did you get them with the Manhole & Kirby card?
If yes. do you still have the Manhole & Kirby card?
Did yours still come in the sealed foil package advertising the e-Reader?
n/a

Agree with 'Pop that they are a 4-3.

Personally i could probably get them relatively easily. 3 sets. :D Haven't tried. Maybe after i've completed 1st ed. Base and Shadowless Base sets.

Well, thanks for both of your insights on this one. All of this really stems out of some questions regarding the Kirby Prize card that's included with 'em... I figured this would be the best chance to find anyone intereted in the cards (and therefore, likly to have 'em...)

On a related note (nothing to do with the reasons behind the initial post, just for my own idle mind), if we were to put together a 1-10 scale of raiity for Pokémon cards, what are some of the cards that would go into each catagory?

Some of the rarest cards, imo at least, is the ancient mew with a spelling mistake and the base set 2 wartortle with no picture.

top of the list would probably be the Jungle Promo Pikachu, tho, I'm not sure what else would go up there...

Ill admit prerelease clefable was the hardest card ive ever seen to collect and i never got teh chance to own it. it. Ive never heard of the caerds you have UncleBob. They may may not be VERRRY hard to find but they sound liek very rare to obtain cards.

Back