Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fairfax, VA ex Dragon Frontiers PR Saturday, 10/28

totoro

TOURNAMENT INFO: New Location!! New Location!!
NoVA just can't get enough Pokémon!! We are adding a prerelease location!!
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2006

Time: Registration from 11:30 until 12:00. Packs distributed promptly at noon. There will NOT be a lunch break, so please plan accordingly!!

9650 Main Street
Fairfax, VA 22031

(Hey, that's Shadow Card's League location :thumb: )

Bring your POP ID if you have one. If you this is your first event, we'll issue you an ID!!

Entry Fee: $20 -all players get 6 EX Dragon Frontiers booster packs to make (and keep all!) a 40-card deck (including energy) for use in the tournament. Basic Energy will be provided.

Tournament structure: The Tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Floor Rules for information about the Limited Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event.

All participants will receive a Pokémon TCG: EX Dragon Frontiers Prerelease stamped Promo Card and EX Dragon Frontiers pin (while supplies last!!).
Plus, all participants will receive 2 additional booster packs after the conclusion of the tournament.

Door Prizes--Still some Goodies from Japan!!
•New generation Pokémon Plushie from Japan
•Pack of Blue PokéBall sleeves from Japan
•3 packs of Holon Phantoms
•US Pokémon TV episode DVD

Last edited:
totoro said:
(Hey, that's Shadow Card's League location :thumb: )
:redface:

totoro said:
There will NOT be a lunch break, so please plan accordingly!!
The restuarants are so close that it really doesn't matter, I suppose.
Food is:
5 seconds from the play area:
Mamma Lucia's - great pizza and subs.
Old Country Buffet - sit down restaurant. Doesn't do take out. Good for the celebratory (or consolation) dinner.
Thai Cuisine - speaks for itself :thumb: .
Movie theater - popcorn, sandwiches, and ice cream (http://www.cinemaartstheatre.com/pages.php?pg=menu).

In the shopping center, but outside the mall:
McDonalds, Burger King (or Wendy's, I forget which), and a Chinese restaurant, and Jerry's Subs.

Darn, I already have plans to go camping with my family that weekend. I'll try to covince my parents to let me come to this one. I'll let you all know if I'm coming ASAP.

I forgot, Hobby Works (Fairfax) phone number: (703) 426-8600

LittleGreenBoxes said:
It's closer then Woodbridge! :clap: I guess we're coming here too. ^.^
Sweet, Marylaniers (or is it -ians?)! :clap:

We tried a small Modified tourney today with Leah at the controls. It went well. We were able to highlight some things that I didn't think about earlier and have corrected them. Leah also commented that the staff was friendlier than Woodbridge :thumb: .

ShadowCard said:
Leah also commented that the staff was friendlier than Woodbridge :thumb: .

Now, now, children. We LOVE Woodbridge (repeat after me) We LOVE Woodbridge..

Hey, the more (prereleases) the better, right??? :biggrin:

this one looks doubtful for me. I'll try to make it though!

Last edited:
totoro said:
Now, now, children. We LOVE Woodbridge (repeat after me) We LOVE Woodbridge..

Hey, the more (prereleases) the better, right??? :biggrin:
O.O We LOVE Woodbridge, We LOVE Woodbridge...

=P yes yes, the more prereleases, the more Dragonite ex d's. :biggrin:

TheCrossFormatKid said:
Woodbridge prerelease is 2.51 miles from my house in woodbridge, Fairfax prerelease is 2.68 miles away from my dorm :p

...and sometimes, you CAN have it all!! Do I sense a charizard * in your future???

I'm not getting any cards out of this pre-release. If someone wants to pay my entrance fees they can have my cards after the tournament. I'm on a budget :-[

TheCrossFormatKid said:
If someone wants to pay my entrance fees they can have my cards after the tournament. I'm on a budget :-[
oh, the costs of living on campus :rolleyes: .
As tempted as I am to take up that offer, a recent Chemisty grade (you know the one, CFK) is forcing me to revisit the idea of quitting one of my two jobs. If only I knew someone who could help me with Chemistry...someone like a teacher :rolleyes:

TheCrossFormatKid said:
I'm not getting any cards out of this pre-release. If someone wants to pay my entrance fees they can have my cards after the tournament. I'm on a budget :-[

If I can make it, I can probably get you the cash, Sean.

Okay, so how many people should I expect at this one??? I'm truly clueless here folks, so pls post here if you plan on coming!!!

Mr. T.

I was just going to bump this thread.

Whenever I tell people who the tournament works, they always ask me "where do the energies come from?" *lol*

Back