2-great ball
3-battle frontier
2-island cave
3-super scoop up
2-switch

energy-20
16-water
4-boost

Hopefully, feraligatr's ugly mug will show up on the first turn. he won't be able to whack anyone, but he helps to shut down t1 pidgeot and any other cheap poke-power. By t2, you should have him out-cracking a lame 30, but starting to set up for sore spot.(which can also be done on t2 if necessary). about having to mulligan, i don't think that there is any reason to run anything else, since you need to have fergy up and running by t2... what do you think?

4/2/4 line

4 petm
4 candy
3 master ball

you dont need the scoops/switches, dont need so much energy. dont need BF at all, why do you have it? you shut down bodies/powers, that's like having a t2mukex deck with BF(which ive seen, poor noobs).

i had originally had the bf's in there in case fergy didn't show up t1 or t2... might be a good idea to scratch them though.... what should i replace them and the other cards you suggested to axe with?

pkmn=11

trainers32
4 petm
4 candy
3 masterball
4 island cave
4 tvr
3 stevens
2 copycat
4 er2
4 reversal

energy17
14 water
3 boost

Maybe I'm out in left field here, but you must go through a lot of mulligans. Not to say that's bad, because once you have your basic and some draw cards, you're pretty much set. You can either copycat to get as many cards as they have, or Rocket's admin them down to your size. I just think that maybe you're giving them a bit too much of a leg up on you. I'd try dropping in 3 Jirachi's and some swoops. Might be tight, but I'm sure you can find some room.

master ball when your deck only have 8 pokemon in it is not wise....

-8 something
+4 jirachi+4 swoop....

too muligan is not good at all and after 150 DMG you are down...

it lose to any straight fighting deck (steelix, machamp, zapdos, 4corners ecc.)

has everyone forgotten about this card? ARTICUNO!!!

procrastination_alley said:
Apparently we have. Refresh my memory, how will that help?
=/

lets see. when you play it, it picks up all the waters and becomes active. so if you have a feraligatr with 10 hp. you can get its waters and have a brand new pokemon with 110hp and capable of doing enough damage...

do you understand or do i need to draw a picture?

playing articuno is like giving your opponent 2 prizes. isnt that thing weak to metal?

rokman said:
=/

lets see. when you play it, it picks up all the waters and becomes active. so if you have a feraligatr with 10 hp. you can get its waters and have a brand new pokemon with 110hp and capable of doing enough damage...

do you understand or do i need to draw a picture?

Nope, no picture, thanks, but I can't see that helping that much early game, and would be fairly horrible as a starting pokemon. It only does 50 only after 3 turns of powering it up. Granted, you can discard an energy to drop one from the opponent, but come on, early game it's a stinker. Plus the weakness to metal which has already been mentioned - fyi - I'm assuming Delta Species will be full of them. Considering he only has 4 Totodile, however many Articuno you add will lessen his chances of getting them, unless he also adds Swoop. Na, personally, my money's on Jirachi/swoop and maybe add in some POW, or another switch if you're that worried about it.

By the way, a blanket statement like, "has everyone forgotten about this card? ARTICUNO!!!" doesn't explain your reasoning, which was what I was really hoping for, and your sarcasm was unnecessary. I have seen that you have some smart ideas in your other posts, but I'd appreciate it if you don't belittle others in the process, thanks.

procrastination_alley said:
By the way, a blanket statement like, "has everyone forgotten about this card? ARTICUNO!!!" doesn't explain your reasoning, which was what I was really hoping for, and your sarcasm was unnecessary. I have seen that you have some smart ideas in your other posts, but I'd appreciate it if you don't belittle others in the process, thanks.
It isnt that hard of a concept of understanding how an articuno works.... so i would assume a simple explanation of how to use a very simple card is unnecesary, but i guess some people need it =/ Was the sarcasm needed? no, but i felt like using it.

And who said anything about using "many" articunos? A normal intermediate player with some experience could assume with only 4 other basics a 'cuno start is bad. So, with simple logic a single articuno could do good. late game drop after gatr's are hurt and what would happen if you play a lanturn deck? autoloss. and guess what?!?!?! an articuno could help your chances!!

Argueing with me for using sarcasm and my "blanket" statement is unnecessary, seeing as more than plenty of people on the gym could understand why an articuno could be effective in this deck and me not posting why is completely viable...

Bex - yes. articuno is weak to metal. so playing 1 can be effective. And how is it giving your opponent 2 prizes?! that would only be if your playinga scizor deck... and the chances of playing a scizor every round at a tournament is pretty improbable....... so no, it isn't giving your opponent 2 prizes...

Last edited:
Don't know, mulligan madness would be fun, and I like that trainer engine of 4 admin/4 ccat. You either negate the benefit they received, or actually create a benefit for yourself by copying their advantage.

Mullagin-ing virtually guarantees the ideal set up.

pkmn=11

trainers32
4 petm
4 candy
3 masterball
4 island cave
4 admin
4 copycat
1/2 stevens
4 er2
3/4 reversal

energy17
14 water
3 boost

onto what rokman said: playing 'cuno when you have a jirachi/swoop engine in this deck is inredible. new pokemon, discards energy, it can be super hot.

Last edited:
ryanvergel said:
Don't know, mulligan madness would be fun, and I like that trainer engine of 4 admin/4 ccat. You either negate the benefit they received, or actually create a benefit for yourself by copying their advantage.

Mullagin-ing virtually guarantees the ideal set up.

Yeah, you're right. It probably would be fun, but very annoying to the judges when they know they can't do anything about your continuing mulligans.

ryanvergel said:
onto what rokman said: playing 'cuno when you have a jirachi/swoop engine in this deck is inredible. new pokemon, discards energy, it can be super hot.

you mean incredible? Ok, might be worthwhile if your metagame has decks with Lanturn, but I'm not sure he was saying to add it to decks with Jirachi/swoop, I think he was trying to say to just add it alone. I was suggesting swoop if you had it as a lone basic to get yourself back on track with some Totodiles. I'm just not that impressed with Articuno, since practically every noob will be playing some sort of metal deck come Delta Species. Perhaps even some Lightning/Metal, then he's screwed anyway. Even if it does discard an energy, let's face it, the card only does 50 damage. Can you think of any water-weak tier one decks at the moment? It would be just a stall (possibly) for a moment, then it would be gone. Possibly when things cool down a bit near World's 2006 it might be worth a shot.

I'd say he's better off with pow as well. Sure, 150 HP isn't too shabby, though if you get stuck with Desert Ruins, it might wear it down a bit. Hopefully the 5 stadiums he has in the deck will fix that. (Personally, I'd drop it to 4, and drop the Battle frontier as well for something else.) But once one dies, pow might be helpful. Plus the fact that powering up others on the bench wouldn't be too hard, plus he has boost.

I like your rendition of the deck though, but I'd be wary of using so many supporters. I like to hold mine to no more than 12. Mind you, that's just my preference as well. To each his own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back