Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Feraligatr, Kyorgre Groudon legend

DoomScizor

Is it viable? I think a 2-2 KGL and 2-2-2 Feraligatr prime line combined with Twins and a starter, maybe spiritomb or Smeargle, the Idea would be to Destroy your opponents deck so they loss due to deck out, Or just by taking prizes because it does solid damage if you actually hit the energy, and maybe a 2-2-2-1 Flygon lv X line would be good for getting rid of retreat costs and extra miling. Plus KGL and Flygon both use DCE. I know I'm 2 sets late but I just kind of came to me because in my yugioh game on my ds I have a mil deck and I like it a lot and I remember how fun stallgon was. Would it work?

I ran this a lot as my fun deck when it came out. It's not viable for tournaments at all. Getting Legends/Stage 2s out is too hard and too slow, and giving up 2 easy Prizes because of an abysmal Weakness (or Champ SF) is even worse.

It can be a really enjoyable deck to play though. Use Smeargle or Sableye for a Starter, plus Gatr to power it up and you will get some spectacular wins in League/casual matches.

i ran this for a cities and went 3-2 losing only to uxie donk and something with manectric. its an amazing deck if u can get a good build. i mean seriously u only have to get off 5-6 attacks in 1 game and you win. all the search your opponent does will help you. also with indigo plateao nothing ohkos it. ssu seeker and buble coat help a lot

Play 3-2-3. Feraligatr is really stubborn in coming out.

The deck is not without problems. The biggest problem you'll encounter is your inability to attack the active, which IS a problem considering the amount of luxrays everywhere. The second is setup speed. Setting up the stage2, while a pain, is not the biggest problem in setup, it is getting the energy. KGL is a huge energy consumer, and you have to run tons of switches, SSUs and/or seekers to keep it running. Granted, indigo plateau and belt gives you a healthy 200HP to tank with, but recovery is still not easy.

Still, the pros are worth the cons. This deck is one helluva fun deck to play, every tidal wave gives you new hope and new horror for your opponent. Discarded 3 energy for a bench sweep of five prizes? Priceless :)

Sableye start and play 2-0-2 gatr. Sounds bad but just use 4 twins and settin up with sableye and u should have t4-5 gate kgl and plenty of ways to keep it alive. U only hvw to sacrifice 2 sableyes as well usually.

Sableye start and play 2-0-2 gatr. Sounds bad but just use 4 twins and settin up with sableye and u should have t4-5 gate kgl and plenty of ways to keep it alive. U only hvw to sacrifice 2 sableyes as well usually.
Have to play at least one Croconaw unless you want to take auto-losses to Vilpeplume/Spiritomb.

I've seen KG Legend played solo with legend boxes and Dialga/Junk Arm/Regice to discard them and put them on top. The engine was pretty cool, but there wasn't a whole lot you could do against LuxChomp. Power Spray and weakness to lightning is difficult to get around. You could try some Mankey and Seeker but SP is just really hard to deal with no matter how you build this. If you go with Gatr, Spiritomb is probably your best starter.

with KGL, you just set up manually, and discard your hand a lot, if you set up even one KGl, its gg.

It's an interesting deck for sure, but in the current metagame, just outright not viable as a winning strategy.

I'd put the deck in tier 2 at worst though. Against decks that DO run relatively normal Energy counts (13-16), a half-decent Tidal Wave will devastate your opponent beyond recovery. The unfortunate truth about this metagame is that too many decks are VERY light on Energy. SP and VileGar run 9-11 at most, LostGar might run slightly more... Gyarados is basically an autoloss as you probably won't even be able to last long enough for the mill win. Even Steelix runs very light Energy.

If you're lucky enough to start Tidal Waving by turn 3-4ish though it will at least give you a decent shot at a Mill victory.

Honestly the biggest issue KGL will face moving forward, though, is Magnezone techs. Any deck that Techs Magnezone Prime and includes some form of Lightning Energy will basically prevent you from doing anything at all. After Uxie rotates out, Magnezone will PROBABLY be seen a lot more... but again it depends on how fast you can pull off your first Tidal Wave and what you hit with it.

Back