Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Feraligatr Prime, Flotzel GL lv X and ???

lemonadejohnson

I've got a pretty good idea to use Feraligatr Prime and Floatzel GL lv x but I can't come up with a good card to actually use as the attacker. Which water type should I use?

I've got a pretty good idea to use Feraligatr Prime and Floatzel GL lv x but I can't come up with a good card to actually use as the attacker. Which water type should I use?

Feraligatr.
You don't need to clutter up your lines with something else.
Feraligatr Prime is decent enough, and the Spinning Tail Gatr is pretty good as well.

you can also use lumineon MT. It can OHKO anything and has a gust of wind power for pokemon with 100hp+

Could give Blastoise from Platinum a shot. Two fun attacks to use with Raindance, jsut remember to never use its power!

Gyarados SF, but use Dragon Beat instead of Tail Revenge? 100 and a chance to discard an energy attached to each of your opponent's Pokemon?

I like the idea of the Lumineon. That could potentially do a lot of damage. If I use the Blastoise, what could I use to get it back from the discard pile?

Drop Floatzel, play Kyogre. Win.

Also, adding some reasoning behind Feraligatr-Kyogre and why it's superior to the other variants:

- Does not automatically fold to power lock like other Feraligatr variants do (can manually charge with Kyogre)
- Kyogre greatly compliments Feraligatr Prime's attack - spread twice first, hit for 100 then.
- Provides Fisherman to recharge something after Kyogres go down.
- Doesn't need to clutter the bench with some snipe bait like Floatzel GL Lv.X in order to function correctly, giving you possibility to tech something actually useful to counter the bad matchups.
- Can easily tech Blissey Prime to heal Kyogres, as you won't feel as bad discarding one energy for instant heal instead of discarding more.
- Is the one and only viable spread (besides Palkia G Lv.X, which also goes pretty well with Feraligatr, but it being Lv.X hurts a bit) that can function under body lock - instead, can utilize it with 1-1 Dialga G Lv.X to shut down Nidoqueens, Shaymin/Tangrowth/Sceptiles and random Manectrics.
- 60 with 20 spread + Warp point = Instant prizes from Uxies/Azelfs with keeping the attack going.
- Has actually pretty solid change to set up, as you only need one Stage 2, one basic and a few energies.
- Expert Belt Kyogre is propably the most damaging instrument in the current metagame, 80 + 20 spread coming from 120hp basic is nothing to scoff at (can do as much damage as Machamp Lv.X Hurricane punching 4 heads).

The downsides? Blissey Prime, Garchomp C Lv.X, Nidoqueen, Tangrowth, Manectric. Tech against these and you're set to go.

Last edited:
Crobat G. Another Stage 2 or 1 line makes it too clunky, and Crobat has perfect synergy with Rain Dance Feraligatr.

After looking at the Blastoise card, Umm DUH! I should use that one, but as of now, I can't. That Gyarados would be totally awesome to run, it is better than the new one, I think, because I could discard up to 6 energies, which would be awesome. I'm gonna try all of them! I've got enough time before states

Starmie HGSS and Bronzong SF. Search for the energies, attach them with raindance and then use the cosmic cyclone attack from starmie to shuffle them all back again. then repeat. Expert Belt helps Starmie with the damage output too.

Drop Floatzel, play Kyogre. Win.

Also, adding some reasoning behind Feraligatr-Kyogre and why it's superior to the other variants:

- Does not automatically fold to power lock like other Feraligatr variants do (can manually charge with Kyogre)
- Kyogre greatly compliments Feraligatr Prime's attack - spread twice first, hit for 100 then.
- Provides Fisherman to recharge something after Kyogres go down.
- Doesn't need to clutter the bench with some snipe bait like Floatzel GL Lv.X in order to function correctly, giving you possibility to tech something actually useful to counter the bad matchups.
- Can easily tech Blissey Prime to heal Kyogres, as you won't feel as bad discarding one energy for instant heal instead of discarding more.
- Is the one and only viable spread (besides Palkia G Lv.X, which also goes pretty well with Feraligatr, but it being Lv.X hurts a bit) that can function under body lock - instead, can utilize it with 1-1 Dialga G Lv.X to shut down Nidoqueens, Shaymin/Tangrowth/Sceptiles and random Manectrics.
- 60 with 20 spread + Warp point = Instant prizes from Uxies/Azelfs with keeping the attack going.
- Has actually pretty solid change to set up, as you only need one Stage 2, one basic and a few energies.
- Expert Belt Kyogre is propably the most damaging instrument in the current metagame, 80 + 20 spread coming from 120hp basic is nothing to scoff at (can do as much damage as Machamp Lv.X Hurricane punching 4 heads).

The downsides? Blissey Prime, Garchomp C Lv.X, Nidoqueen, Tangrowth, Manectric. Tech against these and you're set to go.

Thank you Dennis Hawk! You are awesome! Now I have my super deck, Kyogre & Prime Feraligatr.

you can also use lumineon MT. It can OHKO anything and has a gust of wind power for pokemon with 100hp+

It won't be OHKO'ing anything. It can't gust anything with 90 or less HP, and you'd have to drop 7 water energy onto it to OHKO anything with 100HP.

Let's not even think about the Pokemon with 140HP/150HP that you'd need roughly 12/13 energy on Lumineon to OHKO.

Back