1 Revive
2 Crushing Hammer
3 Lost Remover
1 Super Rod
2 Ruins of Alph

12 Energy
11 Fighting Energy
1 Rescue Energy

The point of the deck is to counter Lightning and Dark decks. Landorus or Groudon EX are the preferred starters to begin spreading damage around the field. Crushing Hammer and Lost Remover (Since we now have DCE and Sp. Dark) are for disruption. 3 Switch is because of all the high retreat costs and Ruins of Alph is to help against Tornadus/Tornadus EX.

Groudon EX – Fighting – HP180
Basic Pokemon

[F][C] Trample: 20 damage. This attack also does 10 damage to each of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench.)
[F][F][C] Giant Claw: 80 damage. At the time of dealing damage, if the opponent’s Active Pokemon already has 2 or more damage counters on it, this attack does an additional 40 damage.

Pokemon EX Rule: When Pokemon EX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: Lightning (-20)
Retreat: 4

Last edited:
A couple things to help you out:
  1. The Pokegears should be Random Receivers.
  2. You need a way to deal with Tornadus EX, which is going to be massively played. Previously, fighting decks could get away with 2HKOing even an Eviolited Tornadus EPO, but with Tornadus EX's increased damage output, speed, and HP, that becomes much harder. Even Zekeels will be playing a couple copies of Tornadus EX, so it's going to be really rough. An Evolited Tornadus EX is a 4HKO.
  3. Pluspowers aren't a vital inclusion, although they can be helpful. If you think of all the hard damage caps you would need to hit (90 damage for Darkrai and Raikou, etc.), Pluspower doesn't really take you over any damage cap, but it does get through Eviolites.
  4. I've done some testing with Groudon, and it really leaves something to be desired. Here's the thing about spreading with it: you're really not going to kill anything using 10 spread. Tynamos have 40 HP, and by the time you've spread a couple times, they have all become Eelektriks. Even against Dark-type decks, you're not turning any 2HKOs into OHKOs or 3HKOs into 2HKOs with the extra 10 damage. Spread is only good if it allows you to hit certain damage caps more efficiently. If you don't get a kill with Groudon's Tromp against most decks, it's almost like a "wasted" attack.
Out of all the things I said, by far the most important thing that you need to think about is how you're going to deal with Tornadus EX. It's no longer the same beast as the old Tornadus, and if you can't kill it efficiently, it's just going to steamroll your whole deck. I've been testing with Tornadus EX, and fitting 1 Seeker or a couple Super Scoop Up is a real possibility. Even if they don't run any way to heal Tornadus, 3HKOing it (4HKO with an Eviolite) is not going to win you the matchup.

I'm not sure exactly how you would deal with Tornadus. Ruins of Alph might be decent, as it could turn those 3HKOs back into 2HKOs. I like your Crushing Hammer/Lost Remover idea, as it could potentially stop a Tornandus dead in its tracks. Even if you stop it for one turn, that would help you a lot.

As to whether you need the Rescue Energy, my thought is yes. Every single one of your Pokemon's attacks (except Abundant Harvest) can use Colorless Energy. I think it'll help you more than it hurts.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, psychup. I'm not sure how I feel about Random Receiver...not too keen on the idea of revealing a bunch cards in my deck. I've thought about Tornadus EX...what about this:

-1 Groudon EX
-2 Revive
-1 Fighting Energy

+3 Ruins of Alph
+1 Rescue Energy

I haven't started testing...I'll start at/after my pre-release. This deck just seemed like a good idea and Groudon EX makes a nice tank/finisher with his 2nd attack. Plus it knocks out Tynamos for 2 Energy if you catcher them up.

Well, you'll never know until you test. I'm not sure 3 Ruins of Alph is necessary (2 is probably enough). I might still keep 1 Revive for the hell of it. It seems too good in this deck not to keep 1 of, especially since you're only playing 3 Terrakion.

Also, here's the thing about Random Receiver: you're 100% guaranteed a supporter. Even if you only have 1 Supporter card left in your whole deck, you're guaranteed to find it. That's much better than Pokegear. It's not like this is a secret deck that's going to surprise a lot of players, and you're really not running any secret techs. Even though Crushing Hammer and Lost Remover are atypical, what is your opponent going to do if they see one? Are they going to all of a sudden stop attaching energy? Probably not. It may change how they attach their energy, but the bottom line is getting a Supporter 100% of the time is too good.

Thanks for all the ideas!

I didn't mean I wanted this deck to be secret. I understand what you're saying w/ regards to energy attachment though...good point

I was also thinking about a fighting deck. Does anyone think energy exchanger or shaymin UL would be good additions to help with the big energy cost? Also would donphan prime be a better addition to the deck than landorus? I think without shaymin and exchangers donphan might be better because of his low cost, but with at least one shaymin u could seek out i'd probably go with landorus. Also with groudon I think rocky helmet would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back