Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

finally, mah nats report

Lakak

My Nats report!

Well, we got there on Friday, and just hanged around for a bit. I didn't meet anyone till Saturday >.>

Round 1 vs n00b.
I win with mah SD (I'll ask moza if he'll let me tell y'all the deck)

1-0

Round 2 vs n00b with flariados
I win with some skillz

2-0

round 3 vs Phillip S. with gardy ex and Dusknoir
this is tough in the beginning, but I pull through and take 4 prizes in one turn ftw.

3-0

Round 4 vs Zakary (sp?) K. with Elitctanite (sp)
he can't get setup, and Iget out cursed stone and start sniping his electabuzz ftw

4-0

before this round, one of my sleeeves ripped, so I had to charge all the way to the Origins store and buy a new pack of 100, and run back...

Round 5 vs James F. with Shiftry
He can't get setup, so I go aggro Lucario. srry bro, I d0nked you =/

5-0

Round 6 vs idk with shiftry
Turn 1 riolu'd ftw

6-0

Now it starts going down hill..

Round 7 vs idk
I lose :(

6-1

Round 8 vs James B. with Infercatty
I have nothing after he sctratches my lone Riolu, but I have mentor in hand, but...
he attaches an energy. pluspower pluspower ember

-_-

6-2

i make the T32 with 17th place

I go have fun and fool around for a bit, met some people, and hanged out until I had to go to bed.

SUNDAY:

T32: vs Daniel C. with Infercatty

game 1: no energy the entire game, and I get d0nk'd by Lvl X
Game 2: I draw crap the entire time, and forced to evolve my prinplups with no energy -_-

6-4

I had nothing both games. UGH. I wanted APT to win :(

Well, thats it for me. Not using this deck at worlds I bet. =/

Modified side event: winner gets a box

I go 6-1, with the cockiest kid I have ever met winning

Props:
TR
Team BLAM
meeting people
SD
James (DM8)
friends
Dan for supporting me
everyone for supporting me
moza, for making decks with James
new dice
Fillet mignon for being tasty
pizza
pure pwnage
Fulop for winning
anything else I may be forgetting
Foisy
Tyler for having the best shirt ever
Bargain bin at the store
Nick for going 8-1 and making the cut and T16
Jayson for making T16/T8

Slops:
not eating
James for not doing well with a good deck
not meeting some people (louist200, and others)
being tired and crashing from Red Bull
being me
Hot dogs for being $6 each =/
"official" dice. I never saw a 4 =/
Fresh Dragon Shield for ripping on me
Adam/Tina for not going
Foisy's new iPhone
not being able to afford an iPhone
moza for not going 5-1 drop. He woulda made it =/

thnx y'all for reading.

And everyone, stop bashing me for already having a trip. I still wanted to do well at Nats.

Last edited:
nice job spence!

wish we could've had more fun at nats but it was alot of fun anyway

ps:you also forgot to mention:
me
my awesome shirt
the interviews we did to random people
the box of duel masters james bought for 50 cents

cya l8tr,
Tyler

Cool meeting you. You did good, we both got pwned by luck, but whatever. See you at worlds.

Adam- thnx, <333
Keaton- DOESIT!!!!
Tyler, thnx man, you pwn, and so does your shirt :redface:
Bobby- :( Ambush FTW!
Greg- thnx, you too
tina-ok, thnx. I will
Stripes- cuz I pwn. live with it.
James- You pwn soo much, non-legit decks ftl :( :( <3333333 you <3

EDIT: updated a few rounds

Last edited:
losing very d0nkingly in top cut
Daniel C. for winning

Umm I'm pretty sure you suck anyway and he didn't have too hot of starts. Nice try though

EDIT:

Turn 1 riolu'd ftw

That's false btw you got a tails and it was slightly tilted on a sleeve and you complained to the judge about it for some reason, even though the judge turned you down. I mean come on, If you're as good as you say you are you shouldn't have to try and get cheap wins that way, you have the matchup vs. shiftry anyway.

Last edited:
Adam- thnx, <333
Keaton- DOESIT!!!!
Tyler, thnx man, you pwn, and so does your shirt :redface:
Bobby- :( Ambush FTW!
Greg- thnx, you too
tina-ok, thnx. I will
Stripes- cuz I pwn. live with it.
James- You pwn soo much, non-legit decks ftl :( :( <3333333 you <3

EDIT: updated a few rounds

lol hes anthony,
im greg, didnt officially meet you but i saw you.
gj.

Umm I'm pretty sure you suck anyway and he didn't have too hot of starts. Nice try though

EDIT:

That's false btw you got a tails and it was slightly tilted on a sleeve and you complained to the judge about it for some reason, even though the judge turned you down. I mean come on, If you're as good as you say you are you shouldn't have to try and get cheap wins that way, you have the matchup vs. shiftry anyway.

I'm the 2nd place world champ -_- and he might not of had "god" but I had a lame start.
and I did win a game with T1 riolu. Or atleast close enough -____-

lol hes anthony,
im greg, didnt officially meet you but i saw you.
gj.

oh, lol. thnx

EDIT: oh wait, Tadreth is Daniel C.? .....oops....

My Nats report!.....

Props:
TR
Team BLAM
meeting people
SD
James (DM8)
friends
Dan for supporting me
everyone for supporting me
moza, for making decks with James
new dice
Fillet mignon for being tasty
pizza
pure pwnage
Fulop for winning
anything else I may be forgetting
Foisy
Tyler for having the best shirt ever
Bargain bin at the store
Nick for going 8-1 and making the cut and T16
Jayson for making T16/T8

Slops:
not eating
James for not doing well with a good deck
not meeting some people (louist200, and others)
losing very d0nkingly in top cut
Daniel C. for winning
being tired and crashing from Red Bull
being me
Dan's little brother for making a bad misplay and having a bad judge ruling to get knocked out of T16Hot dogs for being $6 each =/
"official" dice. I never saw a 4 =/
Fresh Dragon Shield for ripping on me
Adam/Tina for not going
Foisy's new iPhone
not being able to afford an iPhone
moza for not going 5-1 drop. He woulda made it =/

thnx y'all for reading.

And everyone, stop bashing me for already having a trip. I still wanted to do well at Nats.

Hello: I'll ask you to edit that part of the slops, but doubt that you will. Please understand that we, as the judging staff, did EVERYTHING possible to avoid giving David a game loss in game 3. The rulebook is quite clear...you shuffle your deck or discard pile into your deck, it is a game loss, no questions. Because everyone around stopped him before he could completely shove the 2 parts together, which would have left us with NO choice, we were able to see the starts of each pile...discard and deck. When the ruling was made to ATTEMPT to seperate the 2 the best we could, the mixing of the two piles was too close near the middle portion and some basic fire energies got transfered back into the discard pile. (7 to be exact). Now, since David had farmer'd that turn and only taken 3 Pokes and zero basic energy (due to either a Catty upstream attack or the X's attack...dont recall right now which one), he had no basic fires in the discard when the 2 piles were shoved together (bc if he did, he would HAVE to take 3 fires to shuffle back in....he took ZERO). As a judge team, we cannot just take the 7 fire energies and place them back into the deck and shuffle it. The game state was then completely broken. No way to rewind and fix that. The only penalty left at that point is a game loss.

A "bad judge" (I made the call with the HJ and PUI right there) didnt decide that match...it was the player's error/misplay that led to it. Gotta take responsibility there. David was upset, but he handled himself very well under the circumstances. I also walked over to the family between rounds to check on them, ask them if they had ANY questions (I did give them a few minutes by themselves to talk, etc) for me. I hate to give out penalties like that, but you must follow the rulebook there. When a penalty of that nature occurs, especially in the younger age groups, I make myself available to the parent(s) to explain afterwards. I wont run from any ruling I make.

Hope that explains things better for you and anyone else that had any lingering questions.

Keith

-_- I might just delete this thread... I just heard that when he was shuffling, you went up and mashed the 2 parts of the deck together, then a game loss.

Lakak: No one mashed them together, we tried to keep the piles exactly as they laid prior to deciding how we were going to deal with it. To my knowledge, no one else touched the merging piles until the decision was made to try and seperate the conjoined piles. In fact, I sat at the table, next to David during the time the HJ and PUI huddled to discuss the issue and I would not allow anyone to touch any of their cards. Another reason to be careful to post "bad judge" when you only "heard" about the incident and didnt personally view it.

No need to delete the thread, just modify the slops please. David still got a ranking invite to Worlds didnt he?

Keith

Back