Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fire deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psytech

I'm new to the game and haven't been playing but for like 1 week now or so. These are what I own and have bought from my team captain for a reasonable price although I still get alot of commons and uncommons for free.

It creates large threats by turn 2 or so with cards like Typhlosion and Magmorter. I have spent the last week testing this thing, so any other imput would be great.

Pokemon's: 24
2 Baltoy - see below
2 Claydol - draw power
2 Growlithe - arcanine is a beast
2 Arcanine - see above
2 Typhlosion - quick energy setups
2 Quilava - see above
3 Cyndaquil - see above
2 Chimchar - quick early damage. May expand on this theme
2 Monferno - see above
2 Magmar - Flame Buster is amazing
2 Magmortar - see above
1 Magmorar Lv. X - see above

Supporters: 8
2 Babe's Search
2 Felicity's Drawing
4 Roseanne's Research

Trainer's: 14
3 Poke Radar
4 Rare Candy
3 TV Reporter
2 Tactical Machine TS-2
2 Tactical Machine TS-1

Energy: 14
4 Call Energy
10 Fire Energy

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I'm still kinda torn on what fire monsters I like the best.

Last edited:
The game is basically about probability. Getting the card(s) you need when you need them. You are limited to 4 of any card (except basic energy), the game encourages you to evolve in a progression to more powerful cards, and there are resources required to make your attacks to defeat your opponents pokemon. So a big part of this game is removing as much random chance as possible. This is where the trainers and certain powers come into play. They are all designed to help realize your strategy as quickly as possible. The cards that help you do that are the ones that are more "valuable" and often have those abilities. Remember, at the beginning of the game you have a 4 in 60 chance of drawing any single non energy card you need. When you compound it with other rules in that you also need at least 1 energy, so you can see how probability factors into the equation. Having a hand full of Stage 2 or Level X pokemons doesn't do you a bit of good if you do not have the correct basic version in play or in your hand. You can have all the right pokemon in play, but if your attack requires you to have 2 psychic energy cards on your pokemon to attack, and all you have is water energy in your hand or worse yet no energy at all to play, you are not going to win the game. That is why everyone says to start 20/20/20 because it seems to provide the right ratios from a probability standpoint. Once you have an understanding on how to manipulate the probabilities through power and trainer/support selection you can alter your numbers. That is while you can build decks with 1 or 2 of an evolution line it will not be reliable and ultimately frustrating to the player. That is why they say 3-3-3 or better yet 4-4-4. That way if one or two of your key cards get stuck in the 6 prize cards set aside at the begining of the game, your not screwed.

Pick 2 lines and go with that., too hard for consistency with what you have.

Yeah the deck is not really that focused. I have been working on streering my deck towards quick damage with the chimchar series and cards like plus power. I now have my first badge and completed mysty's challange. It was kinda easy though since she was running a Leafion LvX deck.

If you have aim, would you mind helping we with this alot more. My teamate is kinda only letting me use what he has "spare". My sn's Prothico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back