Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Firestarter

pichuman

is there a pokemon card that can take adv. of firestarter and be like a tech? like lugia ex but someone who is legal. and dont say infernape cuz i already know he goes good wit the firestarter power

This is something noticable in the format, Lugia's gone, LAtias' gone.. there's not much left and nothing new's been printed. Mewtwo* probably is the best big hitting basic you can use w/it to be honest.

And with exes and *s gone forever, we probably won't see any strong tech-able basic ever again.

The one that comes onto mind is Rapidash of DP. Its second attack (I think it is Fire Stream also) is the same as Blaziken PK/RS and has a free retreat.

I wouldn't be surprised if *s came back in time.

But now, there's not much that can be done about it. You have to rely on Evolutions, perhaps that's good for the format, rather than just dropping a Lugia for an auto KO on anything.

ya, i mean shining pokemon went out the window when EX sets came around, and then in TRR they introduced pkmn* as the new shiny, maybe there will be like an Ubermegaawesomechocolatecoveredfudge card that requires a bazillion energy to do an insane ammount of damage that nobody would ever need to do... o wait, i remember now... Gyarados*

Magmortar LV.X, not the normal Magmortar. Normal Magmortar actually wants Magneton a whole lot more then a Typhlosion/Blaziken (see Magmortar's second attack)

The problem with Magmortar is... The basic is rather Bleh. 20 damage for one fire, and that's about it that he's doing. Magmortar itself also has massive retreat cost, which is... bad. Very bad.

Latias EX honestly sounds like the best idea here (which actually isn't that bad, since it's Mentor-able and Bebe's-able)

Dialga is probably the only card I can think of to tech into a Firestarter deck, but you would still need a Holon's Castform to go with him to generate the energy you would need for Pulse Cannon. Even then that might not be enough to KO something in a single hit.

ninetales, it's power could pose problems for the oponent, say they play an electric type tech in there empoleon for mirror matches say, you kick em'

Back