Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

First time I actually got to play a prerelease

xchasex

Richland, WA

tl;dr
if you don't feel like reading, skip down to the part about the first pack I opened in the booster draft!

I had attended the LA Prerelease but unfortunately I did not get to participate in the tourney as I had to leave early for work. Pretty fun experience I must say. I went 4-0 in the main tourney and 3-1 in the booster draft.

So I go to open my first pack of cards, and whats in it?! A Charizard! Otherwise no lv.x's/secret rares/shinings (not complaining though!) My deck consisted of (if i recall correctly):

1-2-1 Pichu-Raichu Line
3-2 Voltorb
2-2 Magneton (didn't see play)
1 Treecko (CFF) (also didn't use)
1-1 Skuntank (didn't use!)
1 Miltank (didn't use!)

So obviously electrode and raichu did all the cleaning up, most of my deck didn't even get to see play sadly! I loved the free retreat on the electrodes and raichu, very convenient. I really don't remember the decks that I beat unfortunately or I would post them, I know one person had a deck pretty similar to mine, one had a steelix I just remember i t3'd them with raichu with whatever they had out.

Lunch break was great! I went to Dairy Queen and ate two 1/2lb. flamethrowers! (Note: as much as it sounds like it, I'm not at all fat!)

We decided to have a booster draft (gladly!) First experience with this as well and I really like the concept, it was better than it sounded! Go to open my first pack again, WHAT, another charizard? AND A SHINY VOLTORB!? I thought that was amazing haha, had no idea it was even possible. Obviously had to pass on the voltorb but it was a pretty cool experience imo. In the booster draft i ran:

3-2-1 Sceptile
3-2 Electrode (1 of each)
3-2-1 Dusknoir #1 (didn't see play)
1 Scyther

Won the first 3 games pretty fast, t2'd someone with scyther, t3'd someone with grovyle (had sceptile in hand too), then the 4th match comes around and I don't have much of a set up and they get out a steelix, I hadn't even read the first attack and started getting owned haha, definitely regretted not getting the steelix in the draft, I had passed it on to the person, but thats how it goes! Ended up barely 3rd by %'s in the draft, but still a really fun day! Didn't pull any lv.x's (had all the luck there in LA PR, between GF and i we pulled Uxie, Rhyperior, Mewtwo) but I ended up getting a Heatran and Machamp off of friends to work towards my SF set! I will be looking forward to the next prerelease!

Back