Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fl 3rd place regional report with Gengar/Garchomp C

PkB_

beacuse im too lazy to talk about what all I did the night before which included x-0ing a side event, making perv jokes and traveling O-Town for 40 minutes looking for a BK.

Stright to the event, Playing Gengar/Garchomp C like that dude from Illonios with my changes that I thought would make it better (they did IMO)

Round 1: Kind from league with stuff
This kid is cool but yea, just sniped 6 prizes.

1-0

Round 2: Zack N. (Gengar the baller/Toxicroak96) with Gechamp
Gah why did I have to play my best freind round 2 =[. I call 2 turns while he doesnt reallly have much. I quickly get a prize lead as I snipe his Claydol the turn after he got it out. Witht he lack of draw power I am quickly able to take control with Garchomp and Gengar snipes. His lack of a 2nd Unown G and my 2nd Unown G plus his lack of Crobats really hurt him. He misplayed at one point by not attaching a 2nd Energy to Gengar for a level down poltergiest on my Garchomp C lv.X with a DCE and gain on it, but it wouldnt have really mattered.

2-0

Round 3 Kid with Charizard
Beacuse I didnt really feel like 6 piling I just riffle my deck but my opponet thinks other wise and "uses his right as a player to schuffle my deck" so I let him and sit there for like 5 mins as he piles like 3 times. =/ We get off and I snipe whatever he gets on the bench with Garchomp C. Wasnt much of a game TBH.

3-0

Round 4 Kid who's name I can't rember with Plox/DGX tech
He gets Dialga G start which gives me plenty of room to snipe around. It comes down to where I feel like I'm slowly losing the game and am stuck with 1 prize left. Then I realize that he has DGX active and he's been remove losting for like 3 turns and I havent cosmiced once. x_x I cosmic get the cards I need for another Gengar and I retreat Crobat G and snipe his Gardy. At this point he has to drop bat to put 10 on me and remove lost to KO gengar. Feinting spell flip- heads GG.

4-0

Round 5 Shakil With Gyarados
Never met this kid before but I heard he used to be really good 2 years ago then quite and decided to come back. Ok cool. He gets a crud start and I am able to KO his sableye quickly and he is stuck with Gyarados, either way he is able to setup despite me using both my lookers and he starts to make a dent into my lead. We go back and forth on prizes. The turning point in the game was when I poltergiested his 11 card hand and only hit 4 and he was able to KO gengar. I then went 0/2 on feinting spell flips. Then it comes down where we both have 2 prizes. I have Garchomp C Lv.X active with DCE and belt and Gengar+Psy in hand+bat in hand and make the misplay of sniping Azelf instead of something else. He goes KOs Chomp I send up Gar attach psy but he has no 70 HP pokemon with powers so I pass. He goes, attaches belt and KO's Gengar, Flip tails. I concede defeat disapointed at my misplay.
4-1

So now I know that I have to win.

Round 6: Kid who's name I can't reamember with plox
I get the t2 gar and snipe through his gardys. he gets the plox up and is able to keep it coming. We continue to go on but I have a slight lead as I was able to take 2 prizes 1 turn with the use of Compiund pain on Uxie and his active Gardy. Then he wiffs on the DCE and I am able to get a turn with powers. This allows me to improve my setup some more. At this point its 2-4 in prizes and I am able to hit the DCE+Chomp C X. I snipe for another prize and he hits me with the lock. I had hit Looker's out of my prizes and I depate lookering trying to hit DCE (2 in deck already had Chomp C X+gain on bench) or just attaching Call and lookering next turn. I decide to hit looker and hit the DCE 2nd card GG.

1st Grafton Sableye
2nd Shakil Gyarados
3rd Louis Gyarados
4th Scott Gigas/Champ
5th Me Gengar/Garchomp C
6th Gabe Garchomp
7th Tristan Sableye
8th Dillion Blaze/Chomp

So I get to play Scott.

T8: Scott T. With Gigas/Machamp
Game 1: I get a good start and am able to snipe his Gigas's that he places on the bench with Chomp+2 bats. He had trouble setting up his mesprit lock so I was able to use my powers as I wished. Then got Gengar out and Bat+Shadow room for cheap prizes. Eventually it gets down to 1-6 and he doesnt really have much left and I poltergiest his Machop for last prize.

Game 2: he elects to go first for some reasons draws and passes. I go Roseanne's plus call for all my normal setup stuff like Gastly, baltoy and Garchomp C. He goes, attaches a 2nd Energy to gigas and passes. I draw get Chomp C X+2 bats to OHKO his active gigas and he promotes machop, draws attaches and kicks me. Roseanens for psy and bat G, comm. the bat G. Turn the other for +10 evo to haunter then hoodwink for the KO game and match.

So I finish in like 20 minutes then go out and take a nap on the bench. xD I was so tired. =p Thanks to tristan and shakil they go like 65 minutes and I get a nice good long nap.

So I get ready for T4 against Grafton

T4 Grafton with sableye
Game 1: He sets up, I don't and his deck ***** mine. =[[[<really sad face

Game 2: this one was more of a game and I was able to get both Gengar and Garchomp going with my Ambipom G in hand to counter his Garchomps. I was able to snipe for 3 prizes with Gengar then fliped heads on feinting spell on his Sableye. It was 2-3 in prizes and I turn around snipe with Chomp for another prize. He goes does some of his normal stuff and hits my benched gastly for a prize. I draw hit looker, replenish my dead hand and hit DCE+Turn to retreat turn bat and attach for game.

Game 3: this game was much like game 2 where I was able to set up, However I make the fatal mistake early in the game of forgetting to healing breath to remove 4 from my active Garchomp C when I leveled it up. I EQ for the KO on his Chomp and he is able to get a chomp C with DCE and bat to claw swipe my Garchomp C Lv.X with DCE+Gain. Had I healed I would have been able to EQ next turn and still had a snipe ready. Grafton said that had I healed he probably would have scopped right then. However we play on and we continue to trade prizes till it comes down to 1-1 and I am 1 energy away from winning. he hits the SP dark and had gotten the Honch G out of the prizes the turn before and he snipes something on the bench for game and match.

So I loose beacuse of a freaking misplay. Oh well, 3rd for my first Regs isnt bad TBH. But it's just a bad feeling knowing had I healing breathed I probably would have won regs. =/ get my box and glass and hang out for a bit.

Props:
3rd
Glass
Gengar
Garchomp C
Feinting spell heads
Grafton for winning. 3rd regs really deserves props
everyone that I hung out with, you made it a great time.
Jake for being the coolest judge
watching the finals
BBall during lunch
Nice hotel
Glass
Box
doing good at my first Regs
Casey for letting me borrow his Gengar Lv.X

Slops
Cory completly failing with Dialga G going 3-3
Zack going 4-2 not even getting T16
2 away from T16
feinting spell tails
Misplays
to many noobs
sugar+Half and half(moo-moo milk)+salt not being tasty
room being COLD
bad pulls
BK for being slow, and feeling like I was gonna get jumped.
GPS, god these things suck at finding BK's
lack of sleep
Not winning. =[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[<really really sad face

Thanks for reading

lol Brian the 40min BK was fun........ sugar+Half and half(moo-moo milk)+salt not being tasty......... lol

Last edited:
:lol:Well you did good i only got 5th (right under top 4) And geting a glass is a really nice thing to have.(and brag about) So nj and your first regnals too :eek: keep it up :cool:

Wow, seems like you did have fun at BK.

Taking forever to get to order our food, to get our food, forget my food, not provide us pennies (<--that shows the Jew in me), and then have our entertainment to be this group of weird people break dancing in the middle of the restaurant; yeah, it was fun.

Dialgachomp would have done well, I just got paired up against total autolosses. Fire deck + Machamp in the same day = fail.

GJ getting 3rd, personally I feel Sablelock would have beaten you either way, but making misplays is pretty common in top cut, especially when you're tired.

zack: just imagine what LW said in his normal angry voice. xD

Champ: I honeslty think that DialgaChomp could have done decently throughtout the day. You did get some hard matchups but the great players like pooka have never had a huge problem with either of them. against Machamp just G your Claydol and say good by to Machamp as it tries to hit through your tanked DGX. Against fire just focus on Garchomp C, and with the addition of DCE this should now be even easier then ever.

Sableye is somewhat a tough matchup but it comes down to weather or not I get a somewhat decent matchup. Which I was able to do game 2 and 3. I also had an ambi G tech which helped imensly.

Back