Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flcl

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJJ763

Trading Mod Supervisor
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
What? That's it? Just 6 (or was it 10) episodes? Least Blue Gender is still going for a few weeks.... But really episode 4 explained why some things were happening (not everything and certainly not clearly) but it was "Ahhh i see now why those things are popping out of his forehead." My boys did not like how it ended ("That's it? That's how it ended??") but they did enjoy the show (though i think they laughed at some scenes for a different reason than i did).

Oh the good news it when FLCL goes off air on the 25th, it seems like NEW episodes of In-Yu-asha will be aired!!!!

FLCL has cool music (love the ending theme! :thumb: ) , but the story was a bit too bizarre for my taste. I never was much into the "disturbed teenager" theme.

Although I must say that after seeing the ending, things make more sense watching it through a second time around.

P.S. It's about time they had some new episodes of InuYasha! :clap:

- CHRISBO

Last edited:
meh, i like the subbed versions of inuyasha better than the dubbed... lol, my boyfriends and i are trying to finish the 120 episodes he has before school starts... thats a great show.

FLCL was an awsome anime. The action was great. The music was great (ya gotta love the ending theme, just like what Chrisbo said). I still dont understand the story though. all i know is this:

1. Weird girl in a vespa and bass (notice it has 4 strings) comes to Earth
2. Weird girl whacks the kid with the bass.
3. kid starts producing robots from his head.
4. kid gains "the ultimate power" of the space pirates.

thats basically all I know for a fact. As for the Inuyasha thing, I am interested, but i wont be able to stay up that late during the school year.

Just set your VCR (if you got one). That's what I do. ;)

Fooly Cooly... Furi Kuri... FLCL... whatever you want to call it... was definately one of the weirdest Japanese cartoons I've seen yet.

I loved it.

It kinda makes me think of Family Guy as how random the show is.

Ah, FLCL...easily the MOST bizarre animé I have ever seen. My friends and I are going to watch the entire six episode series back-to-back the day before school starts as an odd "farewell" to summer.

It'll be fun to observe those of my friends that HAVEN'T seen ANY of it yet...I can't wait to see their brains melt at the total weirdness of it all. ;D

I haven't watched the Anime yet, but I've read the manga. And if you're wondering why the Anime was only 6 episodes long, it was because the Manga it's based on was short too. The Manga only had 2 books, and that was it.

Everyone should give the Manga a try. I'm not sure if it's released in the USA yet, but if it is: buy it. The drawing style is spectacular and the characters are fantastic. Definately a quality Manga.

Well i ordered Vol. 2 this month (didn't know what FLCL was last month) from my comics company. Will have to wait until the relist for Vol. 1...

infact, whats everyone's favorite episode? I prefer number 5 cuz of that guy with the huge eyebrows. Then, all of a sudden, the animation turns into something that looks like South Park. Its hillarious.

Now I got hold of all Furi Kuri episodes, Japanese with subtitles. I'm going to watch them this weekend. :D

I just finished watching all 6 eps, in one sitting...my brain is still bleeding, I think...o_O

'mom

Yipes, 'Mom...I'm not sure that's healthy X_o

Then again, tomorrow is the day of my friend's "Fooly Cooly-thon," so I guess I'll find out. Wish me luck. X_x

I've now watched the Anime up to the 5th episode. Only the 6th and final episode left... sigh. But it sure is crazy. Even crazier than the Manga, I didn't expect that to be possible. The soundtrack rocks btw, best Anime soundtrack ever. Anyone else who loves the ending song (Ride on Shooting Star)? :D

Last edited:
The music for FLCL is awesome. It's not the type of music I generally listen to, but it definitely WORKS for the insanity that is this anime; the whole soundtrack is really good. And not all of it is 'loud' either; there is a piece called 'River's Edge' that really is lovely...

Satoshi, you survive the FLCL-a-thon? ;) :p

'mom

Yep, "River's Edge" and IMO also the track "Selfish" are great quiet songs. Actually, they're not by The Pillows, who made the other more "noisy" (but still great) tracks, but another artist, Shinkichi Mitsumune.

'Mom...I have survived. =P But it was a close one. X_x

I tell ya...ever since it aired, FLCL has been the center of conversation animé-wise at school. Our group is fairly animé-oriented, and we all agree that FLCL is easily one of the best things to come along in a while.

And yes, the soundtrack is outstanding to the point of rivaling Cowboy Bebop's. The way I usually gauge animé music is by seeing if I'd ever consider playing it in front of my non-animé friends. I tell ya, I'd do that with this soundtrack in a hearbeat...there are a few songs on there that just rock. ;) "Ride on Shooting Star" and the song that's played at the end of each episode are my current favorites..."River's Edge" depressed me thoroughly when I made the mistake of listening to it after the first day of school, though. X_x;;

~Tash

Good news! FLCL is scheduled to be re-aired in late October (for another 2-run stint).

Anyone who missed out on any of the 6 eps. will get a second chance! Looks like I need to go pick up some more blank tapes...

"furikuri, furikura"

:unknown-f :unknown-l :unknown-c :unknown-l !! YAAAAAAAAAY!! :thumb: :clap:

Definitely an acquired taste, but if you can make it through the first episode, you'll be hooked...:D
'mom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back