Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Florida States (3/19/11)

Hagrid23

FLORIDA STATES INFORMATION

The only weekend event is back!

Friday, March 18, 2011
State Preliminary Tournament & Open Gaming
• Come join the members of the Southeast’s largest league for open gaming and side events. Play, trade, enjoy.
• Want to make sure your deck is tournament ready, check out our deck garage.
• Fill out your deck list with the Decklist Creator.

Preliminary Tournament (Modified Constructed)
Start: 7:30pm
Price: $5.00
Prizes: Based upon attendance

Raffles: Yes, raffles on Friday… All Players that participate in an event Friday night will be eligible for these:
• COL Booster Box
• COL Booster Packs
• Other Pokemon items

Saturday, March 19, 2011
Florida State Championship
Start: 10:30am
Price: FREE

Prizes: All participants will receive a 2011 States promo card plus a special promotional item (while supplies last). In addition, the top 8 players in age group will receive the following:

First Place:
• 1st Place Medal
• $300 Travel Award to Nats in Indianapolis
• 1st Round Bye @ Nats
• Playmat
• 36 Boosters

Second Place:
• 2nd Place Medal
• 16 Boosters

Third Place:
• 3rd Place Medal
• 8 Boosters

Fourth Place:
• 4th Place Medal
• 8 Boosters

Fifth - Eighth Places:
• 4 Boosters

Raffles: All Players that participate in the main event will be eligible for these:
• COL Booster Box (one per age group)
• COL Booster Packs
• Other Pokemon items

Side Events: We will be taking signups for side events all day. They will begin when Top Cut begins, and can run as late as people want to keep playing! Eight people per event. Once 8 people have signed up and paid, play will begin.
Booster Draft Events – $20.00
Modified Constructed Events - $5.00

Sunday, March 20, 2011
Post-tournament Cooldown:
Once the matches are done it’s time to play. Relax by the pool or on the beach. (Check out the Pirate Ship).

The event will take place at:

International Palms Resort at Cocoa Beach
1300 North Atlantic Ave
Cocoa Beach, Fl 32931
(800) 206-2747
The reservation code is Pokemon-Team OP
The rate is $99.99 a night plus tax for standard rooms, $149 for Villas, $169 a night plus tax for Suites. Suite rooms sleep up to 6 & include a small kitchen.

Last edited:
You know I'll be there. I'll be the one with the miniature Space Shuttle as a good-luck charm. :cool:

After the luck I had at Cities, I wonder if I'll have "the right stuff" to survive States. I mean, that Lost World card sounds pretty scary....

- Croatian "everything's A-OK...I hope" Nidoking

Really that's the top 8 prizing that seems kinda low and now scholarship for 1st or 2nd i thought states you got scholarship money?

Prizes for this years state championships are the same as last year.

You are thinking of the regional championships, Top 2 get scholarship money.

I can't get the promo code to work on the website but then again the rate for villas on their site is only $129 anyway.

I don't think I'll make it. I'll be back from MN on probably the 18th, so we won't be able to make it. Good luck to the people that go.

Back