Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Florida States Report! States Curse Hits AGAIN!

JokerBoi

Where to begin? I had no clue what I was going to play at first. My friend Christian had said he came to win and knew he was playing Raieggs. Finally and unfortunately listening to the obvious WRONG advince, I convinced myself that Sharpedo/Stantler would be the best choice granted that I add minus a couple of cards from my previous versious that went 5-1 at States. So I make the list drop 4 ER2 for more elms, and other randomn stuff I cant even think of right now and enter the tournament.

Round 1: VS Ludicargo w/Sally ex d
I cant think of the last time I played Ludicargo. Anyway I set up a stantler against his tarous start and slap down cursed stone and just start to push. I make sure not to lay too much on my bench finally he brings up a ludi with all pre-evo's benched and KO's my stantler I make short work of his ludi and start to plow through more basics when Sally ex d finally comes up and swings for 60 I just Dark blast off his holon's magneton ensuring that he doesnt hit me next turn and then its gg.
1-0

Christian is 1-0 also so everyones doing good so far

Round 2: VS Sharon with Fire.dec
I had ALOT of fun playing her she was so nice! I got set up better than her though and the match was almost 95% in my favor I wish it could have been more fun though I would have enjoyed it more

2-0

Christian is 2-0 also in his division great

Round 3: VS Charizard d/Jolteon ex
He mulligans about 2-3 times so I know I am in for Charizard I have a lone start and think "Oh no what if he First Turn Charizard FTW! He starts with Eevee and I have Carnavah I go first attach dark pass he attaches calls puts the charmander on his bench. I go, no mentor drop beach down Just In Case of a DRE kill evovle into the shark drag off the charmander for 40. I brace myself as he starts his turn. He rare candies and I am thinking NO FREAKING WAY. He tops a electric, metal, and TWO DRE! I am think okay i might still be safe at this point until he plays windstorm GG! I wanted to cry this matchup shouldve been SO EASY and afterwards he tells me that the windstorm he played on me was the only one in his deck :(. Lucky Me!

2-1

Christian is 3-0. I begin to think Raieggs/Arbok was what I shouldve played Raichu never seems to fail me.

Round 4: VS Wai Cheng Flygon.dec
Flygon at first I thought would be kinda hard for me but as the match panned out I found myself leading he never dropped the ex d as I feared he would and everytime he was going to knock me out on his next turn he would tell me on my turn! Time was called and we were tied 2-2 I have a stantler active with ceccasion he has a confused gardy with like 8 or so damange I go draw no NRG and marys STILL NO NRG! I realize I took lass out of my deck which is a must in this deck I want to cry as I am faced with a diffucult decesion. I keep up stantler hit for 10 and pray to god that he flips tails on confustion next turn, retreat to Jirachi ex and let him hit me for 80 and I still wont be gone and maybe live, drag off his flygon d on the bench since I KNEW he was out of NRG. I choose maybe the worst option and keep up stantler he flips heads, I lose.

2-2

Christian is 4-0.:rolleyes:

Round 5: VS Scizogross
When I realized what I was playing I eased up a bit. We still kinda went back and forth but in the end I killed scizor with a succesful Darkness Blast and resistance was too much for metagross and his misplays lost him the game.
3-2

Christian is 5-0 going into the finals at #1.:clap:

Round 6: VS Jim (Corflu) Banette/Stantler
I sit down next to Omar and I ask "Do you know Jim Fishkin?" He is like "He is playing Banette/Stantler, you have autowin." I go "with my luck today I will lose." So the match begins he finally realizes I am jokerboi and says he enjoys playing me on apprentice because I always have something new to play with. I wish I couldve found something new to play at states. I needed lass and ER2 in this game like never before I was on energy drought for like 2-3 turns while soon I was staring down 3 fully powered Banette and my one sharpedo I need to get up 2 sharpedos to win this game and couldnt do it because no mentor for about 4-5 turns and no energy for 4-5 turns CRY, CRY, CRY! He is like I thought you had me with the weakness I am thinking, I hoped I had you too.

3-3

So I go 3-3 AGAIN AT STATES for the 3rd time I swear it is like a curse or something.

I enter the side event with Zachs Flygon and go 5-0 :clap: . At least I WON SOMETHING on that day.
Also while I played the 5 ROUND SIDE EVENT! Christian won states going 11-0 not losing a single game all day and he gets his trophy, nats money, and box of cards. It is so much fun opening a box of cards!

Pros:
Christian winning
Zach allowing me to use his deck
Everyone for being so nice to me
Heidi for ANOTHER great event
Pokemon!

Cons:
Sharpedo
Not playing my orginal list and forgeting to add lass
Playing a deck with Sharpedo
Bad starts with Sharpedo
Not winning the Coloring Contest
Did I mention Sharpedo?

I MIGHT see you in Georgia!

i love how flygon went 5-0 in the side event, yet i went 4-2 in the tourney that mattered. oh well. see ya in GA.

Back