Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Florida Weather

guys thank the Lord this is not hurricane andrew or donna. Bonnie should hit the big bend area of the state today. she is jus a small but bad tropcial stom. Charley sould be hitting this weekend. Just hope that he doesnt go above a one or two at the most. The electrical crews and everyone else like that have been trained for this. They run drills all the time. The biggest problem is for people who panic and havent been through caines before. The storm charley should be in and out of the state by this weekend and that would give the crews several days to repair everything.
I will keep you posted about the weather down here. Today its great you wouldnt know that there are two storms.

Last edited:
I liked the movie Twister but I don't like it to be so near any hurrycane or tropical storm.
I'm not Jan de Bont.

I was thinkin maybe we could all go outside and get our picture taken with our hair blowing and everything and go yay my first hurricane.

Ya, hurricanes suck... But on the bright side most of Florida gets the day off from School tomorrow!! YAYNESS FOR ME!!
-Shwampy

Don't let it scare you. By World's, the hurricane won't even be an after thought. Orlando is so far inland, the worst it'll see is some heavy rain.

guys these hurricanes will be no threat to worlds. But dont ever take a caine lightly. My family is in the process of evacuating Tampa to get over to the east coast where I now live. The traffic is murder. I am just asking that you keep the state and the people in your thoughts and prayers for the next several days. The weather stations are saying that charley might be a level 3 by time it hits.

see ya at worlds

I see here people from the westcoast arriving because they had to evacuate adn now I realize more and more what kind of impact a hurrycane has.
I'm worried about the 5th dutch player who should fly in tomorrow evening and is traveling alone. He is only 15 years and I should pick him up at Orlando, but now I'm not sure if he will get stucked at Phily.
I'm staying up all night trying to recieve his parents at home and the travel agency to get information, but this is really not my idea of holiday.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in and on their way to FLA. My in-laws are being evacuated, they live about 45 min. west of Orlando.

Last edited:
Our thoughts and prayers for all who are there and everyone traveling to Florida.

Keep safe.

Rainbowgym, and any others who may need to track flights, I used to fly a lot and I have found this site to be helpful and accurate:

http://www.flightarrivals.com

Last edited:
I would be more worried about the storm forming off the coasts of South America and just came off Africa.

http://b.www.orlandoweather.com/wxmap/949813/detail.html

Its in the lower right corner of the loop.

This is the same area other hurricanes come from and seems to be a pretty organized system. That one would be the one that hit during worlds, if it organizes into anything.

Last edited:
I just checked the Weather Channel and it said that Hurricane Charley (supposedly NOW a category 3 hurricane) may cause tornadoes and heavy rain in Florida when its gone. Infact, I've been hearing that the entire East Coast is supposed to get heavy rain

--EDIT--

I just heard some news from my mother. I just found out that Busch Gardens is closed and Universal Studios and Disney World will be closing in the afternoon.

Last edited:
The Theme Parks (Disney, Universal, Sea World) will close at 1:00pm. All of the area water parks and Busch Gardens is closed. Downtown Disney is closed.

If you are currently in Florida for Worlds, your hotel will be happy to assist you with anything regarding the storm. Just stay off the roads today, ran into two accidents on Monday locally with a small storm. Imagine what would occur with a big one!
-Phil

farbsman said:
I would be more worried about the storm forming off the coasts of South America and just came off Africa.

http://b.www.orlandoweather.com/wxmap/949813/detail.html

Its in the lower right corner of the loop.

This is the same area other hurricanes come from and seems to be a pretty organized system. That one would be the one that hit during worlds, if it organizes into anything.

Wow I am good, this was just posted on the Weather Channel Website:

In the central and eastern Atlantic, two tropical disturbances have potential for development as the 2004 hurricane season moves into high gear. In fact, the one just to the south-southeast of the Cape Verde Islands has become Tropical Depression Four and will head west to west-northwest across the open Atlantic, slowly but steadily increasing.

Our thoughts and prayers for all who are there and everyone traveling to Florida.

Keep safe.

(edited out the other stuff. was funy at the time, but that was before this was a class 4 storm)

Last edited:
This just in.....it is now officially a level 4 Hurricane. Please keep your thoughts and prayers with those people coming down for the tournament, and for those living in the high-risk area.

Back