Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flydon... A Shadow in a Sandstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

manaphy trainer

This is a deck that I've tested and it's done amazingly well against almost anything...

...but there's always room for improvement

Here it is....

Pokemon: 23

1x Flygon Lv.X
3x Flygon RR
3x Vibrava RR
4x Trapinch RR
1x Hippowdon Lv.X
3x Hippowdon RR
4x Hippopotas MD
2x Claydol GE
2x Baltoy GE

Trainers: 22

2x Broken Time Space
3x Bebe's Search
3x Rosseane's Research
3x Felicity's Drawing
2x Cynthia's Feelings
3x Rare candy
2x Level Max
2x Premier Ball
2x Pokemon Rescue

Energy: 15

15x Fighting Energy

Stradegy:

I've tried this deck out against almost every deck I could find, and there's NO universal statedgy...
Flygon, being the hard-hitter, usually sets up first... Then we start setting up evolutions fast using Broken time space and rare candy... Hippowdon Lv.X is used in those tight spots where getting out seems impossible. I use Lv. Max to get Hippodown safely on the bench. Overall, you adapt to whatever your opponent throws at you... One thing I feel threatend of is late game with Gengar, Trapinch with its :ppowr: isn't safe from shadow room... I thought about Unown G... But there is always other suggestions....

I wish it was that easy, but its not... The fact is, the first three DP sets get rotated out for the 2009-2010 modified set... So the other trapinch isn't an option

I wish it was that easy, but its not... The fact is, the first three DP sets get rotated out for the 2009-2010 modified set... So the other trapinch isn't an option

There is no rotation this year so it will be DP on for the 2009-2010 season format.

yeah, that's what I said above.... "2009-2010" correct?

Anyways the other trapinch sucks... the pokepower one is way better... Don't excatly know how to ]
protect it though...

SW Trapinch ftw. Someone misinformed you about rotation.

Do you really need 4-3-1 Hippo? Maybe slim that down a bit for things like azelf, uxie, unown-g, etc.

you need to fill the bench fast with evolutoins so flygon can hitt hard... That 's basically the point of the
deck, is to be fast and hard hitting....

I could take out a few of my trainers though...

yeah, that's what I said above.... "2009-2010" correct?

Anyways the other trapinch sucks... the pokepower one is way better... Don't excatly know how to ]
protect it though...

You said the first three sets of DP get rotated but they DO NOT. There is NO rotation.

You don't need level max with Flygon giving Hippo free retreat, so take those out, and 3 candy is overkill, so that can go to 2. Also, a 4-3-1 seems pretty hevay for a Hippo line. try reducing it to 3-2-1, and adding in a Weavile SW line. Then you hit gengar for weakness, and still get the +10 with Flygon's second attack. Now you can add in 1 Luxury ball, and 2 Night maintenance.

Finally, you can consider dropping 2 Fighting energy for 2 special dark. After using Hippowdon x's power, this can allow you to quickly recharge a Flygon with Weavile. And with Claydola nd bebeb's to put the special dark eneergy back in your deck, its pretty easy. its also just good for that extra bit of damage when you need it.

You don't need more Hippopotas than you do Hippowdon, especially if you want your Bench filled with Evolutions, rather than Basics. I'd use 3-3-1 or 2-2-1 Hippowdon lines (probably the first, since you want the extra Hippowdon available.)

In my opinion, RR Hippopotas is much better than MD or DP Hippopotas. It has more HP; its 1st attack is much more disruptive, especially early on; and it has the most potential to do damage, if you're stuck with it just sitting there Active and unable to Evolve (not that the last point matters much.)

Also, Volkner's Philosophy is much better than Felicity's Drawing, in most cases.

Premier Ball is much better than Level Max in a Flygon deck that has everyone with free retreat. I'd drop all the Level Max in favor of more Premier Balls.

You should run at least one Luxury Ball...there's virtually no reason not to.

Unown G is highly convenient to stop Shadow Room and Remove Lost. You should have at least 1.

I'd run some Call Energy, Cyclone Energy, and/or Upper Energy in place of the Fighting Energy. Neither Flygon nor Hippowdon really need their Energy to be straight Fighting, and each can use at least 2 Colorless Energy at a time without hurting your deck's playability at all.

Okay good.... So reduce Hippo lines, throw away level max, (makes sense now that I think about it...)
Throw in some more premeir balls... Unown G, kinda a no brainer.... Love the Weavile Idea, didn't actually
think of that.... and I'll Definitly replace some fighting energy for some upper and call...

I unfortunetly have to say NO to the fighting flygon.... It doesn't honestly suit the purpose of the deck...

Giving the weavile idea, I will put in 2-3 Special dark energies as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back