Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flygon and Hippowdon : The Eroding Sandstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

marq_darkrai

okay, i know i havent been posting for a while so...hey :)
anyway, once flygon LV X came out, i realized its potential(duh) and set my focus into getting it. and i FINALLY got it XD
so, one problem i faced was finding something to use with it, and one card was always brought up: Hippowdon

Trapinch X 4
Vibrava X 2
Flygon X 3
Flygon LV X X 1
Nidoran X 2
Nidorino X 1
Nidoking X 2
Hipopotas X 4
Hippowdon X 2
Hoppowdon LV X X 1
Baltoy X 2
Claydol X 2

Total Pokemon= 26

Volkner's Philosophy X 4
Bebe's Search X 4
Roseanne's Research X 2

Total Supporters= 10

Broken Time Space X2
Stark Mountain X2

Total Stadiums= 4

Rare Candy X 4
Luxury Ball X 1
Night Maintenance X 2
Premier Ball X2

Total Trainers= 9

Fighting Energy X 8
Call Energy X 3

Total Energies= 11

(i hppe thats 60, lol)

anyways here is the strategy

the main idea is to fill your bench with stage 1s and stage 2s as quickly as possible. it is also recommended to get out Hippowdon X up and retreat it wit rainbow float. so, you have a fully charged up flygona nd hippo X, and a Nidoking sitting on the sidelines. Nido is simply there for territoriality and also add to power Swings dmg. with 5 evolved pokemon, you do 110 dmg with 3 energies!

Extreme Attack s a scary sniper against any Xs and Sand Wall is devastating to G decks.
Volkners can get a fighting energy discarded early on and can inevitably get 2 energies attached to trapinch t1, which leads toa 20 dmg grind!

i chose not to use uxie, because if i used claydol instead, power swing would do more dmg..

sorry for the hasty article guys, but im kinda short on time. pls give feedback and thanks for reading!

thanks for the feedback, onlooker. to answer your question, i dont play felicity's because Volkner's is a better card which fulfills the exact same role, tho if i did replace the 2-1-2 Nido line for the feliclty's, what should i put in for the one extra slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back