Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flygon D EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

redostrike

4* Trapinch (df)
3* Vibrava (df)
3* Flygon EX (df) (I have 2 at the moment)
2* Flygon (DS) (At the moment only have one)
1* Flygon OP2 (this would be replaced with Ray ex if i can get it)

1* Chimecho (DS)

1* Latias HP (at the moment i dont have it)
1* Latios EX (df)

2* Spearow (df)
2* Fearow (df)

4* Holon Castform

4* Rare candy
4* Holon Transceiver
2* Holon Mentor
2* Holon Reasearcher
2* Holon Adventurer
1* Holon Farmer
2* PETM
3* Windstorm
2* Warp point
2* Phoeboes stadium

4* Delta Rainbow
8* Psy

Well think you all know what the strategy of this deck is. Fast Fast. Get flygon ex. Latilock is DOOM game. But i'm not sure if i'm going to get the cards in time. I know i play 6 flygon (3ex 3 normal at that is overdue i need the rayqayza ex but if i can't get it i would like to know what i can play if i can't get those cards in time (tommorow that is :D)

Last edited:
Hello, I am a fellow Flygon ex d player. Personally, I think that even playing 5 Flygons is overkill. I would drop the POP Flygon because the other Flygons are far more beneficial. I can see the purpose of your Lati-Lock...but I think that there are more prudent techs to include. In my deck I play a 1-1 Cloyster d line, and it has worked very well in stopping bench damage (just an example of one of my techs).... You should definitely be playing AT LEAST one more Holon Mentor for consistensy. Phoebe's Stadium is iffy...I have never had a clear need for it, especially when Flygon ex d is your only psychic type, and if you are playing Mew ex or Banette ex, they also get that free retreat benefit, which could hurt you if they need to make a quick play. Three Flygon ex d's, I think, is important to running this deck as having 3 solidifies your potential fire power. Chimeco d is nice, it has always helped me a lot.... Rayquaza ex d is an interesting tech...I'll have to think about using it, however, I don't want to go into the deck being ex overkill. I'm sure that you have read about using Nidoqueen d, and I can see why Fearow d is a popular alternative...however, Nidoqueen d has very good lategame firepower, and it has helped me many times when I couldn't get a Flygon ex d down. I suppose Latios ex d could serve that back-up firepower function, but I would think that Nidoqueen d is a bit better because you could switch it in, and take care of a pesky Mew ex or Banette ex.

Thanks aade8, i find the cloyster idea good. I knbow that 6 flygons is to much but it's a good tech agains shiftry stuff :D again i will be removing it if i can borrow/trade a rayqauza today or tommorow right before the mach :D. So another mentor for one Phoeboes stadium (i get that point although mew ex is not so much played on my region but hey you never know) I also think 3 flygon D ex is the key. I'm also thinking of playing the nidoqueen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back