Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flygon Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onlooker

First real deck for me. The strategy is simple. Get out Flygon or Flygon Lv X. Equip it with Dark and Fighting Energies to make retreating costs 0. Take out the small pokes with Machamp and the larger ones with Flygon's 2nd attack or Flygon Lv X's Extreme Attack.

3-2-3-1 Flygon Lv. X (RR - RR - 2 RR / 1 SW - RR)
1-0-1 Machamp (SF - 0 - SF)
2-2 Weavile (SW)
1-1 Claydol (GE)
1 Uxie (LA)
1 Azelf (LA)
2 Unown G

4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
2 Felicity's Drawing
2 Volkner's Philosophy

1 Premier Ball
2 Super Scoop Up
3 Plus Power
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
2 Night Maintenance

2 Broken Time Space

5 Fighting Energy
3 Darkness Energy
2 Special Darkness Energy
2 Call Energy

I run a 3-1 Palkia Lv. X tech in mine instead of Weavile SW, it's slower but it works like a charm in my meta. I also run a 3-3 Claydol line in mine to help maximize Flygon's Power Swing especially with Machamp on the bench as well.

If Gengar SF and Starmie LA are a problem in your meta run the SW Trapinch instead, however without Gather Sand it could become alot slower. You don't really need PlusPower in a Flygon deck, I'd rather run it in Rampardos but since Grass is still popular and Dialga G Deafen Lock can shut it down that hurt it's playability severely.

If you want I could post my version of FlyChamp to help you out so more a little...

Palkia Lv. X and Hippowdon Lv X were the first two I looked at when I started thiking about this deck. I created a topic on this site, asking what the best pokemon to use alongisde Flygon were and the majority mentioned Weavile.. Machamp is a good back-up IMO but I do see the strength in Palkia.

Is 3 Claydol really necessary? I can see how it's good, I was thinking of running 2 myself.. Do you still use Uxie? Im guessing the answer is yes but you probably dont use Volkners at all.

Pluspower, SSU were both just thrown in there because I didnt know what else could help out.

I dont have too much of a metagame to fight against; My locals are very small so it's usually just a lot of improved theme decks and such. The only really competitive decks played are Gardevoir / Dusknoir.

Feel free to post your build; I learn more on how to build this deck with each deck list I see =]

I already did at PokeBeach cause someone wanted me to post it for ideas, feel free to do the same as well. Palkia Lv. X is good in Flygon decks but Hippowdon Lv. X? Meh, once per game Poke-Power and high attack costs being 3+? -__-

Also Hippowdon Lv. X hurts you as well by giving you no energies, as with Palkia Lv. X it can act as a Gust of Wind with Restructure for helping you donk your Opponent's Pokemon with either Flygon or Machamp.

At least your main threat isn't Gardevoir/Gallade besides the loss of Scramble Energy it can still pack a wallop with Upper Energy.

If you are running Machamp, Palkia LV X is great. Restructure their Basics out, free retreat what ever they choose, and use Take Out . . . free prize every time (sort of).

Yeah, the Flygons are slower without Weavile, but if you include a thicker Champ line, then you you can use that early game.

How about:

3-2-3-1 Flygon
2-1-2 Machamp
2-2 Claydol
1-1 Palkia/LV X
1 Uxie
1 Azelf
1 Unown G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back