Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flygon is lonely :/

Rolandlawl

soooo, currently i run a Leafeon Flygon deck, with a 3-3-1 line of leafeon and a 2-1-2-1 line of flygon. They are supported by 2-2 claydol, 2 uxie, and 3-1-2 GE sceptile. This deck is fun and plays rather well at league, but I am looking to try something new.

Does anyone have ideas for what friends I should use with flygon?

Ill be the first, but not the last i'm sure, to say it:

Gardevoir.

See if you can find Phazon's FGD article, its a great list, but I am on a time limit and can't search it up right now.

Flygon can parnter up with just about anything (and I think it has! .. LOL!)

I'm not sure about the synergy with Leafeon though :/

I can see how it would create a nice flygon swarm where you could Power Swing all game long!
Leafeon , Claydol , back up Flygon guarantees you a Power Swing for 90. Extreme attack would be a T3-on threat.

However, you've decided to focus on Leafeon which I don't understand. Verdant dance is not worth losing your energy Force power when you could just as easily sweep with a Flygon Swarm.

Well it's a long story. I used to have a super rogue deck with torterra shaymin and sceptiles. I teched in flygon for free retreat and it kinda took over when i got flygon x and leafeon x.

I'm looking to make a deck with more synergy but i don't like to be too metagame like flychamp, flytrap, etc.

Well it's a long story. I used to have a super rogue deck with torterra shaymin and sceptiles. I teched in flygon for free retreat and it kinda took over when i got flygon x and leafeon x.

I'm looking to make a deck with more synergy but i don't like to be too metagame like flychamp, flytrap, etc.

Torerrible is not rogue :/

Maybe in your area it's not played, so I feel you there man...

ANYTHING that begins with "fly" isn't being a bad or unoriginal player. The truth is, the thing JUST MAKES SENSE in alot of decks. It elimates bright look and fly trap locks becuase you can retreat anything in the deck. It also brings Palkia LvX (restructure) back into the mix without using a billion Warp/switch cards. I'm waiting to see someone try to tech Flygon into PAMU!! (LOL)

Well i tried making a flyranitar and it didnt work as well as i hoped. Now i'm considering some flygon and fossil deck with aerodactyl MD and Kabutops AR. Maybe i'll just make that.

Torerrible is not rogue :/

Maybe in your area it's not played, so I feel you there man...

ANYTHING that begins with "fly" isn't being a bad or unoriginal player. The truth is, the thing JUST MAKES SENSE in alot of decks. It elimates bright look and fly trap locks becuase you can retreat anything in the deck. It also brings Palkia LvX (restructure) back into the mix without using a billion Warp/switch cards. I'm waiting to see someone try to tech Flygon into PAMU!! (LOL)

But AMU already has a free retreat body, why would you need a S2 for a second?

You could try Ying-Yang (I think that's what it's called), where you pair Flygon with Weavile. You have the ability to expose three different weaknesses, energy accelerate, and take advantage of Special Darkness Energies.

You could try Ying-Yang (I think that's what it's called), where you pair Flygon with Weavile. You have the ability to expose three different weaknesses, energy accelerate, and take advantage of Special Darkness Energies.

Is that not Dark Flygon?

Flygon/Gliscor with Spiritombs could be pretty dope if you're going to reject strong archetypes for slightly weaker decks to cash in on outside-the-box points.

I have played a Flygon with a 2-1-2 Nidoqueen to decent success during the year.
Drop your Uxie line to 1, and at least a 3-3 claydol, split the energy between call, fighting, and psychic. By having a heavier claydol line you are less dependent on uxie's drops that saps Flygon attack potentency. You also can have Claydol become a attacker in this option at times.

I do get where this chap's coming from when it comes to not wanting to be too "meta-game," as the same desire holds true for me as well. See, what makes pokemon decks so difficult to structure is the rigidity of the card-count (no more and no less than sixty). Thus, when it becomes expected to always have certain cards, it leaves little room for individual players' creativity. Claydol is a no-brainer (same for uxie) but when the game begins dictating which non-supporting cards a player must have for the game, it tends to get repetitive.

That being said, if you plan on using flygon at all, you might as well make use of its natural abilities. You have two attacks you can capitalize on. Most players use power-swing; and why not? if you play Claydol, it doesn't take much strategy to pull off a power-swing swarm/assault, and it makes building the deck pretty flexible. Flygon is a card that allows for a great deal of personal choice when it comes to supporting cards for two reasons: (a) the flexibility of power-swing and (b) the colorless energy type.

So, if I were to evaluate the usage of Leafeon and Flygon together, I would have to say that the strategy, while effective in separate tones, does little to provide collective support. Leafeon's energy forcing allows extra energy attachment, but Flygon's attacks aren't variable in terms of cost (power swing will always cost exactly 3 and provides no benefit for any more than that). Leafeon is a valid card to use as gunpowder for power-swing; but, it isn't your only option.

Now, as for suggestions on what might assist your strategy, I really have little to offer, unfortunately. There are a great many cards that function perfectly well with Flygon (once again, because Flygon is so sickeningly versatile) so any choice isn't really going to hurt your strategy. However, the trick here is finding that perfect team that will help your strategy.

Now, I do have one suggestion that might aid your strategy. Take advantage of Flygon's "rainbow float" body by including pokemon that could benefit from free retreat cost. Remember- you can use whatever kind of energy you want, so if you were to say, run heavy pokemon, you would gain that advantage.

Happy deck building :)

Thanks, my friend and i have decided that i should try to make a Flyclops variant. Thank you for the help, everyone, and feel free to give me feedback when the decklist is up. :D

Back