Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flytrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solemn_Party

I haven't seen this deck around on here or the beach, so I decided to throw mine up on here:

Flytrap
60 Cards

Pokemon:
3-2-3-1 Flygon X (SW-RR-RR-RR)
1-1-1 Nidoqueen (RR-MT-RR)
1-0-1 Dusknoir (SF-DP)
2-2 Claydol (GE)
1-1 Palkia Lv. X (MD)
1 Uxie (LA)
1 Azelf (LA)
1 Chatot (MD)

T/S/S:
4 Roseanne's Research
3 Bebe's Search
2 BTS
3 Memory Berry
1 Expert Belt
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokedrawer+
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball
1 Night Maintenance

Trainers:
3 DCE
2 Call
3 Fighting
3 Psychic
2 Water

Ideally, you use Flygon with Memory berry to trap a Claydol or something with a high retreat in front so you can use Flygon Lv. X's effect to mill the deck, while you set up. Due to Flygon's Rainbow float, if he has the same energy as one of my pokemon types, they get free retreat. Claydol and Uxie for draw.

Seems solid, i'd suggest adding 1 more NM drop the expert belt and you have the room for it. I'd try to add call energy if you can, because Flygon can abuse it pretty well.

Seems solid, i'd suggest adding 1 more NM drop the expert belt and you have the room for it. I'd try to add call energy if you can, because Flygon can abuse it pretty well.

I've only got 2 Call Energy, and they're both in here. Yeah, I've been thinking about dropping the belt, but it lets Nidoqueen's Ruthless Tail hit for 120 Max.

Drop the Dusknoir line and fit 1-1 Mewtwo because smart SP players will be hard to lock. I agree with Slowking HGSS but i'm not sure what you should take out, Uxie is not really needed and will only give you 1 slot so think about it !

You might want to think about Vileplume coming out in the next set. I'm pretty confident that Flytrap will be the only deck able to utilize Vileplume very efficiently and may even gain an edge against dominating SP decks again with it.

As of now, I would prefer you putting in Unown G so that you don't get trapped by retreat blockers (Dusknoir, Azelf and Chatot are all highly trappable). Also, Pokémon Communication is a god card in any Flygon.

- 1x Nidoqueen
-4x Pokedrawer
-1x Expert Belt
-1 :psychic:
-1 :colorless::colorless: (Strategy isn't to attack, and 2 should be enough when forced)
+2-2 Line Slowkin HGSS
+2x Pokemon Communication
+2 Reversal

Drop the Dusknoir line and fit 1-1 Mewtwo because smart SP players will be hard to lock. I agree with Slowking HGSS but i'm not sure what you should take out, Uxie is not really needed and will only give you 1 slot so think about it !

I don't really run enough Psychic Energies to make it worth it, though, in my opinion, and discarding energies isn't ideal.

You might want to think about Vileplume coming out in the next set. I'm pretty confident that Flytrap will be the only deck able to utilize Vileplume very efficiently and may even gain an edge against dominating SP decks again with it.

As of now, I would prefer you putting in Unown G so that you don't get trapped by retreat blockers (Dusknoir, Azelf and Chatot are all highly trappable). Also, Pokémon Communication is a god card in any Flygon.

I've already considered it, and will run it when Unleashed becomes legal for play.

- 1x Nidoqueen
-4x Pokedrawer
-1x Expert Belt
-1 :psychic:
-1 :colorless::colorless: (Strategy isn't to attack, and 2 should be enough when forced)
+2-2 Line Slowkin HGSS
+2x Pokemon Communication
+2 Reversal

Yeah, I just haven't gotten around to getting Slowkings yet.

I'm not really a Reversal fan; not a fan of primarily flippy cards. Communication is a bit iffy only because I never drew it when I needed it, and I'm not a fan of the cards you're asking me to take out.

you shouldn't need the reversal since you've got the flygon x, this is personally one of my favorite flytrap builds. the only thing i could suggest would be minus the duskie line, and plus the slowking. and then once the new set comes out, minus that line for the vileplume. the drawers and belt are subjectable to change, but if you don't think you need anything else, then this a primo list. and thanks for the sig :) haha it was a good laugh.

nice, i think you should have a dusknoir lv x since u have a dusknoir and duskull. i perfer the shiny duskull from stormfront.

you shouldn't need the reversal since you've got the flygon x, this is personally one of my favorite flytrap builds. the only thing i could suggest would be minus the duskie line, and plus the slowking. and then once the new set comes out, minus that line for the vileplume. the drawers and belt are subjectable to change, but if you don't think you need anything else, then this a primo list. and thanks for the sig :) haha it was a good laugh.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I was going to drop Dusknoir line for Vileplume line when I get them.

nice, i think you should have a dusknoir lv x since u have a dusknoir and duskull. i perfer the shiny duskull from stormfront.

Dusknoir X isn't helpful in here, and is unlikely to ever be my active pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back