Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

For you veteran Luxchomp players out there........

Mama_Luigi

I played luxchomp over the course of cities, with success, but kept the list pretty much the same event after event.
Now with regionals coming up, I'm experimenting alot of different things, and i realized that one of the main reasons I plyed more sp radar than premier ball was simply because it was searchable (Well and it can get non Xs)
So, I'm here to ask you, would you go 3-1 radar/premier ball split, or 2-2?
I currently play 3-1. but not sure about that right now seeing as atm I cut my aaron's down to 1

I play 3 SP Radar, 2 Premier Ball, 1 Arons, but I had to drop a Luxury Ball to fit everything in.

I play 1 Premier Ball, 3 SP Radar, 2 Aarons, 1 VS seeker, and 1 Junk Arm. Going to SP Radar is NEVER the way to go. Lost me top 8 at states. :(.

It depends on the lines of pokemon you have in your deck + your metagame. Higher premier a ball count is better with a 3-1 garchomp line or a 3-1 uxie line and against machamp and the mirror, whereas a higher radar count helps against lostgar, and most other matchups and when you run a 2-1 uxie and 2-2 chomp. Personally I would go with a 2-2 split, the safe, consistent play, but I've been running a 2-1 for a while and it works fine.

It depends on the lines of pokemon you have in your deck + your metagame. Higher premier a ball count is better with a 3-1 garchomp line or a 3-1 uxie line and against machamp and the mirror, whereas a higher radar count helps against lostgar, and most other matchups and when you run a 2-1 uxie and 2-2 chomp. Personally I would go with a 2-2 split, the safe, consistent play, but I've been running a 2-1 for a while and it works fine.

i personally don't like 3-1 Garchomp. I found that having premier ball when you needed it was a pain.

2 premier ball 2 sp radar 1 junk arm 1 aaron works for me.

3-1 wins the mirror over 2-2 unless something stupid happens in the game, so I would take it into consideration since SP is 50% or more of the format. 2-2 Luxray is still the play IMO with all the trainer lock running around.

3-1 wins the mirror over 2-2 unless something stupid happens in the game, so I would take it into consideration since SP is 50% or more of the format. 2-2 Luxray is still the play IMO with all the trainer lock running around.

3-1 doesn't always win the mirror. A 3-1 with one colorless tech isn't much different than a 2-2 with 2 colorless techs, and the second option does better against the rest of the format.

I do agree with your 2-2 lux statement, though. it also helps in the gdos matchup. You can have 1 belted luxray built up in play and still have another x to poke turn/bright look

2 premier ball 2 sp radar 1 junk arm 1 aaron works for me.

Wrong. Being a good player wins the mirror. Knowing when to press and when to stall is incredibly important. Minor techs like Smeargle and Roserade can turn the tide. Baiting sprays, getting Luxray kills, falling behind intentionally with Twins in hand, etc. etc. etc.

I have never, ever played a 3-1 Garchomp line, though I play both Dragonite and Ambipom, and I have been very successful in the mirror. 3-1 is viable and has its merit for sure, but I don't understand why people continually make this statement as if its a matter of holy fact. It all depends on your playstyle and the rest of your decklist.

3-1 with a Junk Arm is the way to go, mostly because Radar can grab an SP non-X you might need (crobat, roserade, etc.).

I play 3 SP radar,2 Premier Ball,2 Aarons, 1 VS Seeker and 1 Junk Arm.
The 2/2 Premier Ball Aarons split works fine for me.

I've never needed more than 2 SP Radar, and considering how good 3-1 Garchomp is right now, 2 Premier Ball is pretty staple. You could also try fitting a Pokemon Rescue in there to recover basic Uxies to have a better Machamp matchup.

I don't run Prem Ball but I guess I should for Champ Since there is a bit of it in my area.
I run 3 SP Radars, 0 Prem and 2 Aarons.

In my States run to 1st place, I went with 3 SP Radar, 1 Premier Ball, 1 Aaron's, 1 VS Seeker, 1 Junk Arm, 1 Luxury Ball. So, take it for what it is. All the combinations are fine for the mirror too. Just depends on your playstyle. I ROFLstomped the two mirrors I had. Honestly, if I was going to change one thing about my list from States, it would have been to remove my Luxury Ball for a second Premier Ball.

I'm no veteran at LuxChomp but I'm pretty decent at it. Sadly, I'm stuck with proxies for the Calls (I only play 3) and the Luxray line (2-2).

My Trainer line looks like this (just off the top of my head): 4 Turn, 4 Gain, 3 Spray, 3 Radar, 1 Prem Ball, 1 Lux Ball, 1 VS Seeker, 1 junk Arm. i also play 1 Aaron's. I don't remember, but I might be playing 4 Spray. No idea.

But I play 2-2 of both Luxray and Chomp. My deck isn't overteched, but more goes towards consistency.

Back