Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fort Mill, SC Victory!

V1c10u5

Well I wake up way early today, preparing my decklist before I leave.
My mom can drop me off, but I have to Get dropped off a whole hour
early.
That Kinda stunk but Oh well.
I play a few test games against Mike Reynolds ( :) ) win the mirror a few times,
I think I'm ready to go.

I ran Blazeray with a 1-1 Garchomp C line. For the record I am in Seniors.

Round 1 vs. Luke Torres w/ Garchomp/weavile/togekiss
The game was actually a challenge. Blaziken stalled well on his 2 claydols and he eventually got
out 3 Garchomp SV fully loaded. I was able to take them out and Garchomp C sniped a Weavile
for the game.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Tristan ? w/ Shuppet Donk
I started the game kinda slow, but was able to get ahead in prizes. The game is mostly
a blur to me, but I somehow pulled off a win even though my deck started to slow down.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Mitch Cleary w/ Honchkrow Absol G and Absol SW
He starts with a Absol SW to my Blaziken FB. He goes first but discards 2 Energy Gain with Baleful Wind.
Then he got a quick KO after my Blaze X used Jet shoot and he had a Absol G with a special dark energy.
I shut down his draw and was able to kill the 1 honchkrow he got out with Garchomp C and a crobat drop.

3-0

Round 4 vs. Logan Cleary w/ Mother Gengar and Mewtwo Tech
WOWOWOWOWOWOW! I pulled off a 6-0 win against him, didn't kill a single gengar or nidoqueen.
Luring Flame can not be underestimated in this matchup, nor can the sniping power or Garchomp,
with a crobat and a snipe you can Kill mewtwo before it comes active. I was amazed to win my
arguably worst possible matchup.

TOP CUT 2
I play Logan again. This has me seriously worried, but I feel confident in my personal skill
to win this matchup. And I do! Let me tell you how though.

Game 1:
It was honestly a blur. I pulled 6 quick KO's before I let him use cosmic power even once.

1-0

Game 2:
He speeds out a mewtwo and doesn't bench anything. Remind me to put ninetales back in here.
I didn't think I was going to see any mewtwo and felt the extra consistency would help me. but oh well.

1-1

Game 3:
He starts with Baltoy I start with blaziken. I was one poketurn short of the donk. He has it with 40 on it.
He gets a mewtwo and plays a gastly, retreats and pitch darks. I jet shoot the gastly and he is forced to pull up the claydol.
It has 40. he plays down the mewtwo and gives it an energy and unown G's it.
I build a garchomp on bench and stall with his Claydol with 10 health left, knowing he doesn't have a warp point in his list.
At this point I had a terrible hand, didn't get e-gain or anything. I had also been spraying his claydol consistently.
I poketurn the bat to KO the claydol and snipe the mewtwo with Garchomp for the game.
2-1

I won.
Merely a few weeks ago I had traded 2 Blaziken X away for Luxray X and abunch of other stuff. I then picked one up at league
"just because I could" In my 4 packs for winning I got another Blaziken X. I have had 4. I thought that was funny.
I was glad to have won all my games legitimately and not off of luck or donks, although that last win would have been nice to have.
I do believe Infernape 4 is better than Blaziken, but in the current meta game. Luring Flame helps SOOOOO much against non-SP decks.

Props:
Getting a Victory Medal
Pulling a Blaze X
Team Hatter
Garchomp C
Luring Flame
Angus Mushroom and Swiss Steak Burger
The Reynolds for a great tournament

Slops:
Brother in California
Translucent dice rule
McDonald's terrible service

Thanks for Reading,
Ben Kobos

What, I don't get any props? Any way, great win. You played awesome all day. Your brother will be proud too. :thumb: Check out my BR's report tomorrow. :smile:

Do I smell the beginnings of a TH worlds sweep? ;P

GJ on the win.

I am going to start small, with regionals, win the trip to Nats, then win the trip to Kona, my mom said if I win the trip they would pay for the rest of my family to go!
:)
I'm gonna do it.

Back