Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fort Mill Senior's BR Report

V1c10u5

I start off the day running a 5k in my neighborhood, then quickly go straight to the card shop (Mad props to above board games)

I have been repeatedly testing my Beedrill deck, not Speedrill (I hate stupid names)

I get there and quickly register alongside my older brother, and await round 1.

Round 1:
Vs. Garret Botkin (spelling?)
He's using a starter deck. Nuff said.

1-0

Round 2:
Vs. Luke Torres - Blaziken w/ a manectric tech
I start with a Weedle, call for family and get another. His turn, he starts with electrike and 2 torchics, uses roar, I switch to my other Weedle. T2 I get 3 Beedrills and a Claydol. His deck lacked claydol and consistency, so my speedy setup was game.

2-0

Round 3:
Vs. Mitch Cleary - Luxray GL w/ zapdos, raichu, and ampharos (I know the deck sounds weird, but it was actually very good)
I start with a weedle and he starts with a ditto, he goes and uses my call for family. I proceed to get 2 Beedrill and a claydol. He gets no search whatsoever and has to just stick it out. He did once get an ampharos that dealt quite a bit of damage and Jamming hit my entire bench, I killed it swiftly. He then stalled, with terrible top decks, with his 2 zapdos, building a raichu Gl. He got one prize before i drew my 6th.

3-0

Top cut, as the only 3-0, i obviously made it.
Top 2
Vs. Luke Torres - Blaziken

First Game was hardly worth mentioning, i donked with 2 beedrill.

4-0

Game two he got heatran and uxie X very quickly and proceeded to beat face, weakness hurt quite a bit. It came down to the flip of a super scoop up. I got heads!

5-0

So i got the victory medal, and my 8 packs contained nothing at all

Props:
My older brother (prodigal_fanboy) also won his division.
The Reynolds for being the best Poke-family ever.
Above Board Games for hosting.
Super Scoop Up
Cookies with the lunchbreak! - props to King Gengar, for without them, I would have lost...
VICTORY MEDAL!

Slops:
Baltoy start
Nothing in my packs except frost rotom
No money to buy food.

FIN.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha I knew your brother would win in Fort Mill. That's awesome, the Kobos Bros dominating the tourney. Great job!!

Sam.

Good job, Benny-***.

Hey, be glad that you got a Frost Rotom... better than nothing.

I pulled 2 Charon's Choice in my BR winning 8 packs. TWO CHARON'S CHOICE!!!! BLAAAARGH!!!! I CAN'T GET RID OF THEM!

ha, I wouldn't mind a Charon's Choice.
oh, King Gengar, let me edit my props.
check them out, I think you'll like what you see.

Back