Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fossil researcher and the wording of cards

Hundreth

So, I've realized in FFI Fossil Researcher allows you to search for up to 2 in any combination of Amaura and Tyrunt and put them on to your bench, but on the Tyrunt and Amaura cards in the top left corner where it shows it "evolves" from the fossil it says "Put this card onto your bench only with the effect of Jaw fossil". That's a little contradictory, so will Fossil researcher work or will I have to use fossils in my deck, which are very inefficient?

Fossil Researcher's effect bypasses the requirements of getting Tyrunt/Amaura into play.

So yes, Fossil Researcher will work. It'd be awfully strange if they printed a card within a set that doesn't function on the set's release.

In general, if a card contradicts another's normal text, that is the exception that proves the rule. Another example: Lifeplosion from Cradily, since you can't normally have a Stage 2 Pokemon put directly on your Bench.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I couldn't find a clear answer for this anywhere... Similar to the opening question, can Tyrunt/Amaura go on your bench with a Pokemon Fan Club or the appropriate Hidden Ball Trick (Maxie/Archie)?

Not with Pokemon Fan Club. They do not say that they are "Basic" in their evo box.

Yes with Maxie/Archie.

Back