Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Frontier Porygon (Porygon/Staraptor/Electivire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmoredMewtwo

Pokemon: 20
2-2 Staraptor FB
4-4-3-1 Porygon-Z (Promo Line*)
2-1 Electivire FB
1 Azelf, LA-19

TRAINERS: 24
1 Night Maintenance
2 Level Max
2 Warp Point
1 Luxury Ball
3 Roseanne's Research
4 Felicity's Drawing
2 Bebe's Search, MT-109
4 Technical Machine TS-1
3 Technical Machine TS-2
2 Broken Time-Space

ENERGY: 16
4 Call Energy
12 Lightning Energy

Strategy: This deck thrives on dump and draw, particularly through Felecity's Drawing. Using the combo of Staraptor FB Level X's and Porygon2's powers, search for a Felecity's or a Roseanne's whenever possible to add energy to your hand and draw your TMs and Porygon Lines. Reattach the discarded energies through Electivire (though this will end your turn) and continue until you are properly set up. Getting one Porygon leveled up first will really help in this process, allowing you to set yourself up for the next few turns. You can either attack with Porygon Z or Electivire at that point. Staraptor comes in handy early game if you need to get rid of the BTS you just placed, but should otherwise remained bench when possible.

Leveling Up is essential in this deck (meaning that you're pretty much Flygon Bait), so it's wise to do this as early in the game as possible.

*You can throw in either one or two of the other Porygon Z into this deck. I'm playing around with this aspect. In the case of this, some cards (such as one BTS and all of those electric energies) should be traded out to take advantage of that situation (for cards such as Lake Boundary and other Energies)

So far, so good. This deck seems to work well. My main concern is Flygon, seeing as that match-up is an auto-loss. I'm trying to find ways to make the deck a little more consistent, though the combination of Staraptor and Porygon 2 eliminates much of a need for Claydol. There are so many powers in this deck that Mespirit Lock would probably murder it, though.

I need some advice particularly on the trainer lines and how many Porygon Z's (of each particular type) to run.

If your main concern is flygon heres what i suggest
-2 Electric
+2 Unown G
Or if your anything like i am [No lower than 16 Energy]
-1 Felicity's -1 Evoluter

More premier balls and max the TM's.
-2 felicity
+1 TM-TS2
+1 premier ball
-1 electivire
+1 premier ball
I'd say try to fit in uppers, but if one promogon gets killed with your TM's, you really can't use upper to do a lot of damage. And wouldn't the flygon matchup be easier because you trump weakness AND you don't run claydol? 2 TM's are needed for the OHKO on flygon, and that is only 1/4 of your total TM's if you max out the TM's.

More premier balls and max the TM's.
-2 felicity
+1 TM-TS2
+1 premier ball
-1 electivire
+1 premier ball
I'd say try to fit in uppers, but if one promogon gets killed with your TM's, you really can't use upper to do a lot of damage. And wouldn't the flygon matchup be easier because you trump weakness AND you don't run claydol? 2 TM's are needed for the OHKO on flygon, and that is only 1/4 of your total TM's if you max out the TM's.

True enough on the Flygon Match-Up, but it's sort of a flip. You have a good chance of winning through the Flygon Matchup as far as weakness is concerned, but you do have the X factor as a problem.

^^Meh, I couldn't think of anything better at the time. Also, the only reason TMs aren't maxed out is because I'm debating on something in particular (how many Porygon-Z GE to run.)

^^^ That won't help AT ALL. Flygon hits for damage.

Porygon would be the engine with da bird. Then have a high power attacker like Ray c so u can abuse flints wiu pory and vs seeker. Constant drop and discard.

The X factor is really a problem if they play flygon smart and start charging their bench for recovering, as upper won't really help the X snipage that much.
Also, you can hit them t2, whereas they can only start sniping t3 if they aren't dark flygon and if a flygon hasn't been KO'd yet (or part of the line). Yes, if you are against a good list and smart player, then flygon can be a hard matchup for you. And in regards to how many GE's to put in, it really won't help a whole if you have to adjust your energies for the power. Ninetales could probably cover the job better for covering weaknesses, as a lot of decks run techs that trump weaknesses.

^^ I could see that working. Must test this out...

^Meh, but that's a few too many lines to be running in such a tight list...

Just add Ray la and Ray c. You have either 200 or 150 to choose from with hires power and flint discard engine you drop 3 from hand in one turn to power Ray C. It works try it out.

Just add Ray la and Ray c. You have either 200 or 150 to choose from with hires power and flint discard engine you drop 3 from hand in one turn to power Ray C. It works try it out.
That's a bit much, in and of itself. If I were to run this, Electivire'd be out (in that case, he really wouldn't be necessary) and the trainer engine would have to change quite a bit.

I'll test it (and place the list in this topic, for convenience's sake), but it's essentially a separate deck all together. Sounds like it'd be fun to try, though.

I think the idea of Rayquaza C in this deck would be fun with the Flint's and VS seeker. Please do max out the TMs. And while Porygon is your engine, I would consider an Uxie for early-game consistency if needed.

Okay, so, I've tested a variant of this deck with Rayquaza. It ultimately becomes less of a variant and more of a completely different deck all together, utilizing the StarGon engine.

RaStarGon

POKEMON: 15
2-2 Staraptor FB
3-3 Porygon 2 (No Z, No X)
2-1 Rayquaza C
1 Lucario GL
1 Unown G

TRAINERS: 31
4 VS Seeker
2 Premier Ball
2 Team Galactic's Invention G-105 Poke Turn
2 Team Galactic's Invention G-109 SP Radar