Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gallade and Alakazam: Mind Benders

Status
Not open for further replies.

marq_darkrai

it is amazing how decks consisting of basic pokemon can rule the tcg world so dominantly. but this is made possible thanks to the invention of the SP pokemon. well, though they first appeared in the platinum base set, this set utilizes cards from rising rivals. so, without any more useless talk, here is the decklist

pokemon

Gallade 4 X2
Gallade 4 LV X X 1
Alakazam4 X2
Alakazam 4 LV X X1
Unown G X 2
Raichu GL X2
Palkia G X2
Palkia G LV X X1
Baltoy X2
Claydol X2

Trainers

PokeTurn X4
Energy Gain X4
Level MAX X2
Warp Point X1
SP Radar X2
Cyrus's Conspiracy X4
Aaron's Collection X 2
Bertha's Warmth X3
Volkner's Philosophy X4
Roseanne's Research X2
Bebe's Search X2
Pokemon Contest Hall X2

Energies

Water Energy X2
Psychic Energy X5
Call Energy X 1
SP Energy X3

Strategy and loopholes

the main attacker is obviously gallade 4 and its lv x form. the main idea is to have one main gallade 4 and one on the bench, both preferably charged up. so you'd spread and then aimed cut. but when hes goin down, you could use alakazam 4 and move it around. raichu GL is an excellent starter who can spread out the damage and set it up for gallade's spread.
one interesting loophole is distributing the damage counters with alakazam and, once nine or eight are spread about, you could move them all to gallade and poketurn him up, and trust me, that really annoys your opponent. Palkia G is a good tech with lost cyclone, further limiting the bench. you can also turn gallade up like a crobat...it actually works!

i've playtested this in four matches, once against a blastoise/kingdra deck, which i owned. i kept scooping and it really got to him... it was quite easy, even though i started with an UNOWN G!!it ended 5-0

against a Ludicolo Deck, i won it quick with aimed cut as he only had one lombre out..haha...giggle..

against a 'champ..i got pwned..i mean seriously, my unowns were in my prize...full stop.

my last match was a mirror, and it was a close contest, but i managed to lose...

either way, this deck is a new pump throughout pokemon tcg and it would no doubt make headlines everywhere

I understand that Palkia G is good, but Dialga G is much better. The reason is because he can prevent Mewtwo from making you not attack. Mewtwo's PokeBody won't let any basics attack but Dialga G can prevent that. I would take out the Palkia G's for Dialga G's, and the water for 2 Metal and 1 Berthas for one more SP Energy.

u should run crobat g it also helps gallade spread. you also need to run 1-1 dialga g tech b/c like someone before me said mewtwo, also nidoqueen will tell you to go home, b/c you spread for like 1 then nidoqueen removes it so you pretty much did nothing. dialga g will shut her off as well.

i like Alakazam with Palkia so I can move the damage to a benched poke, then cyclone it away before it dies with Palkia.

That being said, I would use Uxie instead of Claydol or a 1-1 claydol and 2 or 3 Uxies, so after you use setup you can
use them as cyclone bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back