Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gallade: My Unique Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymbo ex

Hey all. I'm back with a deck that I am considering testing once the new set comes out. I think it could be great fun to use if it works properly. There are plenty of options available to use within this deck. I would like to give this forum a showing of what creativity is all about: I am tired of seeing the same decks constantly.

The Real G
Modified Format

Pokemon: 19
4 Sableye (CG)
4 Ralts (SW)
2 Kirlia (SW)
3 Gallade
2 Gardevoir (PK)
2 Cresselia (GE)
2 Cresselia Lv X

Energy: 16
12 Psychic
4 Double Rainbow

Trainers: 25
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Celio's Network
4 Rare Candy
3 Steven's Advice
3 Warp Point
3 Pluspower
2 Copycat
2 Time-Space Distortion

Translations courtesy of the Pokegym:

Cresselia L.48 – Psychic – HP80
Basic Pokemon
[C] Moonlight: 10 damage. If there’s a Stadium card in play, remove 2 damage counters from Cresselia.

[P][P][C] Crescent Moon Dance: 50 damage. You may discard 2 Energy attached to Cresselia. If you do, remove all damage counters from 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Psychic (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Cresselia L.X – Psychic – HP100
Level Up
Poke-Power: Full Moon Dance
This Power can be used once during your turn. Choose a damage counter on 1 Pokemon in play (yours or your opponent’s) and move it onto another Pokemon in play (yours or your opponent’s). This Power can’t be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[P][P][C] Moon Skip: 40 damage. If the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out by damage from this attack, when you take your Prize card take 1 additional Prize card.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Strategy: The strategy is not too terribly complicated. It focuses on Gallade's Sonic Blade attack. The point of the deck is to choose 3 Pokemon and get them to 50 HP, then use Cresselia Lv X to finish up and take 2 prizes each for the game. The initial design of the deck contained Castaway and Strength Charm, but I changed that idea to Warp Point and Pluspower. I did this for a couple reasons. First, Sonic Blade sends the Pokemon that now has 50 HP remaining to the Bench and away from Cresselia, Warp Point can send them right back up for the 2 Prize KO. Secondly, I like having the ability to get out of sticky situations which Warp Point allows - there's more strategy involved. Besides, I think I have a pretty good consistancy engine involved. Now, onto the Gardevoir that I have chosen. No, that's not a typo, I would rather have the PK Gardevoir because Psyshadow does two things. First, it speeds up Cresselia. Second, it places damage on Cresselia for me to take advantage of her PokePower which can also act to become the extra 10 damage that I need to KO the 50 HP Pokemon and take the 2 Prizes. Sableye is in the deck because I believe it is the ideal starter, it helps so much versus Absol and Blissey during setup. It also lets you prepare yourself with Excavate for the next turn.

Comments, critiques, and input are always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and interest.

~Jim

Last edited:
I definitly like the idea..however I really would suggest adding at least one Telepass Gardevoir. Its just toooo goood. And also it seems Gardevoir LV X. would go nicely with ur idea as well..especially with Cresselia LV Xs power.

Looks good!

~Colin

Add in one Telepassing Gardevoir, that way if your opponent uses Castaway you can search for that strength charm instead of using pluspower.
Also, use a different starter like stantler or pachirisu

Yeah, I'm on the 1 Telepass boat. Aside from the power, being able to shut them off is just another option for attacking.

Space looks pretty tight, though. My biggest problem is that Magmortar is going to snipe your Cresselia on the bench after you start to power it up. Dugtrio or something would help that, but I don't know where you'd find the room.

If you can get around bench sniping, this could be pretty good.

ive built this before, its quite good, when played right. the only problem i had was getting a gallade and a cress x charged, and then when i did blade, they just didnt send the other guy back out...... we still need a way to bring up the bench.

I agree with Colin, Bobby, etc.

Have you thought about Phione/Pachi at all? With 12 basic psychic, you could probably stick a Holon WP or two in there. Have you thought about Scrambles at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back