Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Garbodor, Shedinja from Dragon Blast/Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice find!

Just want to point out that Shedinja makes a disheartening return. Only 10 extra HP, a similar attack that now costs a Psychic, and an attack that in some ways is now less effective. By comparison, Rayquaza EX is gaining 70 HP, losing it's weakness in a way (also no Crystal Shard), it's attack is now even deadlier, and it's first attack speeds it up significantly. Also one less retreat in a format with Skyarrow Bridge. Apparently, PCL has been focusing all of their training on the EX's.

(also, Garbador's interesting, though I just wonder if it is even fast enough against Eels).

Those are both pretty interesting cards, I must say!

I have to wonder, however, if we will be getting something to remove tools, ie. Windstorm. Just the way Garbador's ability is worded makes me wonder.

Shedinja's ability is too cool wish it had a better attack though.

@ mario Didn't notice that. Well that makes it completely useless. Unfortunately.

Last edited:
Shedinja's Ability is a lot less cool when you remember it's a Stage 1.

Garbodor comes off as specifically designed to mess with Eels. Not sure it will though.

Jarm may well be rotated before we even see this card.

Besides, don't we already have cards to shut down Trainers?

Very limited options to shut down trainers. We have... Goth, Plume and Zebstrika. None worth playing in the current format at the moment because of Mewtwo, too low HP and limited Plume variations.

What is it that you want exactly? An invincible Basic that shuts down Trainers while sitting on the Bench and making your dinner?

Trainer Lock is extremely powerful. It comes at a cost, or it becomes overpowered itself.

The cure would be worse than the disease.

Very limited options to shut down trainers. We have... Goth, Plume and Zebstrika. None worth playing in the current format at the moment because of Mewtwo, too low HP and limited Plume variations.

I honestly think that Gardy/Goth is underrated impressively. With EXP Share/All in the format, you've finally got reasonable recovery, it counters (and is countered by) Mewtwo, and is probably as fast as any Stage 2 in the format. The difference is that it slows down other decks, particularly anything relying on evolutions.

Well, at the very least, I'm glad to see the return of another family (Shedinja's) that had been rotated out a few sets ago.

Wait... doesn't this set have devolution spray? What if the effect has been changed that the item can be used not only on your Pokemon, but on the opponent's Pokemon as well? Devolve a Shedinja and then KO the waiting Nincada.

Wait... doesn't this set have devolution spray? What if the effect has been changed that the item can be used not only on your Pokemon, but on the opponent's Pokemon as well? Devolve a Shedinja and then KO the waiting Nincada.

I doubt it that would make it overly broken, and make several cards borderline useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back