Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Garchomp/Lucario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fieryseraph

Okay, there are a few threads kicking around about Garchomp, but I didn't want to take over someone else's thread with my ideas, so here's my shot at it:

Pokes:
3-2-3 gible/ gabite/ garchomp
3-2-1 riolu/ lucario/ lucario lv X
2-2 mysterious fossil/ aerodactyl
1 mew*

Trainers
3 castaway
2 strength charm
2 memory berry
3 rare candy
4 TV reporter
2 Island hermit
1 Scott
2 crystal beach
3 celio's network
1 night maintenance
1 fossil excavator

Energy
4 fighting
2 water
2 fire
2 lightning
2 grass
2 psychic
1 dark
1 metal

Okay... so the strategy:

pokes:
garchomp line: main attacker, this whole deck is built to set him up and maximize his damage.

lucario: great line, little energy cost for his attacks, so being in a deck with a lot of different energies won't cripple him.

aerodactyl: this is the only way you can make Garchomp work, IMO. Grabbing a basic energy of any type you want every turn is the key here. Whatever weakness they have, you grab it and proceed! This also helps with Lucario/Lucario X's FF and FFC attacks if you need more fighting.

Mew*: this cars fits so well in this deck, you can't NOT use him. His 2nd attack snipes for 20 everyone who has the same energy type as a basic energy attached to him. You've got it floating around, so...

overall poke strat - Lucario/Mew practice sniping while Garchomp is being powered up on the bench. When their pokes take the plate, they should already be damaged, and 110 damage on an already-damaged poke is pretty deadly. Riolu is a great starter, and Gible isn't horrible.

trainers
castaway: a total given in this deck. helps you grab energy that you need, grabs the tools that help this deck, and other needed supporters.

strength charm: a sure helper in any deck that can afford the space.

memory berry: for use on garchomp when you haven't finished powering his 3 energy attack yet. Or for added fun, the ability to use Gible's push down attack is huge. This can help get you out of many different types of jams.

rare candy: evolves garchomp, or perhaps might even get you a T1 lucario in some cases.

tv reporter/island hermit: draw power

scott: helps find your other trainers, or your...

crystal beach: this card rock the hizzouse in this deck. Punish your opponent for using special energies. And you don't run any, so it doesn't hurt you. full of awesomeness.

celio's: find pokes. simple

night maintenance: helps get discarded energy back if you need a certain type, and as a plus revives pokes. Works GREAT with aerodactyl. NM restores it, he grabs it.

fossil excavator: seems like a lame card, but he's the only way to search for mysterious fossil, or get him back once he's gone.

energies
enough to cover all the types, more fighting due to Lucario. No specials. :-D

Wow... long post. But I think it might work. Garchomp seems like a better partner to Lucario than Machamp, he does more consistent damage. :)

So what say you?

Last edited:
Well, the thing is that Lucario doesn't really have a whole lot of 'synergy' with anybody in particular. He's just a solid, pretty good starter/low attack cost/small sniping effect/has a lvl X pokemon. So he'll work reasonably well in any deck that needs a good stage one to flesh it out. And I don't think this is the best deck in the world, but I pulled a couple of Garchomps, so I started thinking about how he seems like he's better than Machamp. Greater damage, more consistent. So what's your suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back