Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Garchomp Pop9

ashinto

I saw that this card could have some potential due to DCE, has anyone seen any potential at all?

can you please post a reference? I'm badly enlightened by the big poké-news out there, so I don't know how the cards from pop9 looks like.. :=

Nah, I really don't rate it. First attack is just dodgy like Seaking, and 4 DCE only goes so far for the second attack. You lose one a turn, and you have to get one a turn. Getting an unsearchable card a turn isn't as easy as it sounds. Weakness will be crushed by Luxchomp. SV one is the best, then MT then this. If you want to play the stage 2 Garchomp just play the SV deck.

Don't really like it because with an expert belt it will still struggle to ko most stage two's. You could run crobat G with it and with the spread and expert belt, it could have potential. It's just such a shame that the first attack is so crap.

The first attack is terrible. The second attack is mediocre. as a normal poke, even if you wanted to make a deck out of it, Heatran lvX couldnt help you because of typing, nor could any of the common techniques used for energy retrieval. 100, 120 with belt, is mediocre in a speedy stage 2 dominated format, especially with discard involved.
Garchomp SV is better by far, which is why the POP9 one, even if it were viable, doesn't see any play

If you're playing lock variant (Garchomp Lv.X + Ampharos PL) then you might want to drop one of these in. Get in a spread without risk of being sprayed or bad flips with Garchomp Lv.X's power, this is the card that provides alternative method without futher teching.

That being said, I'd go with 3 Garchomp SV in most other Garchomp decks.

If you're playing lock variant (Garchomp Lv.X + Ampharos PL) then you might want to drop one of these in. Get in a spread without risk of being sprayed or bad flips with Garchomp Lv.X's power, this is the card that provides alternative method without futher teching.
That's right, I made some good experiences with it (5-2 at Benelux Cup, but unfortunally we only had top 8 to 100 masters). It also gives an option to do some solid damage if the opponent stacks energy to his active Pokémon. 2 SV and 1 of this one together with Ampharos is a good play imo.

Back