Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gardevior Deck Needs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Raichu

This deck has been built by my 9 year old son. He wins games against beginners, but cannot understand why he gets creamed by experienced players (and his 5 year old brother!). I have tried repeatedly to suggest improvements or get him to read deck building articles, but as I'm his father he refuses to listen (he already acts like a teen! :D ) and insists that he loses because of "bad luck" :mad: . I've finally persuaded him to let me post the deck for suggestions from all of you -- perhaps he'll listen to the online community! All of your suggestions and thoughts will be appreciated.

:pokeball: Pokemon 23

1 Gastly (Expedition)
1 Zigzagoon (RS 79/109)
1 Linoone (RS 38/109)
1 Slaking (RS 12/109)
1 Vigoroth (RS 47/109)
2 Slakoth (RS 45/109)
1 Wobbuffet (SS 26/100)
2 Dunsparce (SS 60/100)
2 Gardevior (RS 7/109)
1 Gardevior Ex (SS)
3 Kirlia (RS 34/109)
3 Ralts (RS 67/109)
1 Ralts (RS 66/109)
1 Dusclops (SS 4/100)
1 Duskull (SS 61/100)
1 Duskull (SS 62/100)

Trainers 10

4 Potion
1 Time Shard
1 Town Volenteers
1 Oracle
1 Rare Candy
1 Lanette's Net Search
1 Forest Guardian

:colorless: Energy 27

27 :psychic: Psychic Energy

Please, don't be gentle, but also don't be cruel. He is after all nine!

Thanks,
Rabid Raichu

OK, the problem with this deck is not the concept -- Gardevoir is a beast, which is why it's my main E-on deck. The problem is that the deck has too many Pokemon, too many Energy, and too few Trainers. Try to stick to Gardevoir, one Stage 1 line (like Linoone or Dusclops -- I use SS Espeon), and support Basics like Wynaut and Wobbuffet. I've also found that Chansey ex can be very helpful in a Gardevoir deck, simultaneously stalling and healing damage from Psy Shadows -- 1 or 2 of it should be good if you have it/them. Have about 18 Pokemon, 24 Trainers, and 18 Energy (like 14 Psychic and 4 Boost). For general tips, there is a link in my signature to a deck tips article I wrote for E-on.

I would go with these Pokemon: a 3/3/3 Gardevoir (2 ex, and 2 R/S Gardevoir) line, a 3/3 Wobbuffet line, and 3 Dunsparce. use around 18 Psychic energy and use everyone else's trainer advice. That's all for me! :)
-Swampert

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back