Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gardevoir Gallade

Phlash

if this is in the wrong place plz let me know,

my ? is i have seen about 3 versions of this deck which one is better to play

Absol version
Furret version
Stanler version

i was just wanting to know becasue i just started playing again and i wanted to play this deck type, which one should i play?

Probally the Absol version is the best (it's the most popular). But I have never played anything with Gallade or Gardevoir or even Absol.

well i noticed that most of it comes in one set, and my B-Day is coming up, mabey i can bet a box for my B-Day

Yeah, I want to make it. Strangely enough, the only Lv.X I don't have is Gardevoir...:nonono: I even have TSD... but I'm gonna get a Gardi Lv.X tomorrow!:clap:

Anyway, good luck with the deck!

You might want to get a 4-3 Furret line in your collection, too, just in case stuff like Professor Birch and Claydol become extremely popular.

Which one should you play?

Well, how good is your trainer set up? If you've got bare minimum trainers to help you out, you're almost going to need Furret to be able to keep up.
If you've got a decent Supporter Line up, and want a trick to counter other starters, Stantler's a good choice.
ONLY if you have a solid trainer list should you consider Absol. Absol does NOTHING to help Gardevoir/Gallade set up, beyond planting opponent's supporters in the discard (admittedly useful later on, though that'll happen either way) and delaying the opponent's set up. Absol becomes dead weight rather quickly with a Phione+Claydol combo, especially since Claydol with a Lake boundary one shots Absol for 2 energy (OWCH).
Don't forget Great Encounters cards. Phione in particular stands out, as evolutions are what Garde/Gallade wants. I think Phione's the best possible card to act as a starter, with Furret then Stantler, then Absol. Absol's interesting, but it's value is really quite questionable.

I think Absol is generally the preferred one. Great early hand disruption allows you time to set up while hindering your opponent's chances of setting up. Then once your initial Absol is KOed (or you Retreat it), just abuse Gallade and Gardevoir to no end.

I think Absol is generally the preferred one. Great early hand disruption allows you time to set up while hindering your opponent's chances of setting up. Then once your initial Absol is KOed (or you Retreat it), just abuse Gallade and Gardevoir to no end.

Absol version:

I start with a Ralts. Uh oh, now what? I'm a turn behind in discarding trainers, and that's enough for Rare Candy + Stage 2, or some crazy draw card.

Or what about lone Absol starts? What does that do, when your opponent goes "Okay, I have Magmar active. Attach fire energy. Boom, 20. You didn't discard Magmortar? Play it. Play a fire. If I show a strength charm to you, you lose. Ya know that, right?"

What about Lone Stantler? You could have found a Holon Mentor by now. :/
Lone Sentret? You're drawing extra cards and hopefully found SOMETHING by now (since Sentret DOES give you an extra card each turn with Grope). Even if you have only Furret, you can evolve and have enough HP for Magmortar to need some more energy to KO you (still REALLY bad, but not terrible).

There's a lot that can go wrong with Absol, plenty to go wrong with Furret, but not a whole lot that Stantler can do that's bad for you. :/ Heck, even Phione can go horridly wrong if you only have Phione and go first.

In the Midwest (Ohio to Chicago)almost everyone who has won a cities with G&G has played furret and stantler. For some reason Absol never gained much traction. I have to agree with Rai - with stantler you always have a chance to set up. The beauty of Furret is that if you do get him up- even mid game - you often are able to get the cards you need to counter your opponent and survive an attack as well.

I would go for Stantler because, like Rai already said, you can't really go as wrong if you have a lone Stantler.
An added bonus is that if you go up against a mirror match and they use Absol, the second attack is really helpful.
So, I would use Stantler (that's what I use & it really helped in winning a CC.)

In the Midwest (Ohio to Chicago)almost everyone who has won a cities with G&G has played furret and stantler. For some reason Absol never gained much traction. I have to agree with Rai - with stantler you always have a chance to set up. The beauty of Furret is that if you do get him up- even mid game - you often are able to get the cards you need to counter your opponent and survive an attack as well.

Did you used 4-2 line? It seems really space consuming.

Back