Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gashmoigidy's CA/NV States

gashmoigidy

First Weekend: Nevada. Make the 5 hour drive, get there at like 7PM. Eat dinner, check out my hotel (NY,NY) and sleep. Get there really early, beat the non-existent player cut. See tons of Los Angeles players, talk. generic Pre-Tourny stuff. I play gyarados.

R1 Vs. Mamoswine GL (Nevada)
I get a slow start, and he gets T3 mamoswine and kills 2 sableye. I eventually come back and just overpower him. He takes like 4 prizes though.

1-0

R2 Vs. Gyarados (LA)
dude takes the first 2 prizes. I know I already lost. We play it out, and he won by... 2 prizes.

1-1

R3 Vs. Palkia/Luxray (LA)
Really bad hand for her. I setup and tail revenge through everything. She goes 2-5

2-1

R4 Vs. Shuppet (San Diego)
bad matchup. He takes the first 3 prizes, then I make a massive comeback. In the end, he poke blowers my luxray so I can't get around the mime, so I lose by 1 prize.

2-2

R5 Vs. Jumpluff (LA)
We get our attackers out at the same time, though usually he'd have a speed boost over me. I KO a jumpluff like every turn and keep my bench at 1 or none (for one turn) and I win by a couple prizes.

3-2

R6 Vs. Luxchomp (I honestly have no idea where he's from)
He swings with a luxray X early but once I kill it he never gets another one. shoulda waited.

4-2

R7 Vs. DialgaChomp (LA)
He only has a dialga,and after he takes 2-3 early prizes i manage to one shot it. Then he takes a couple cheap prizes off of 2 dragon rushes, but in the end I win by a prize.

5-2

I make top cut as the number 15 seed. I play #1 in CA Stefan Tabaco. at least i didn't bubble.

T16 Vs. LadyGaga (NoCal)

1- I play the matchup wrong and lose by a couple prizes.

0-1

2- I luxray for so many cheap prizes and win by like 4.

1-1

3- He gets a slow start, and he takes the first prize. I get a gyra out and take the next 2. Time is called on his turn. He kills my gyra. I revive it with combee/BTS and luxray up a benched pokemon for game

2-1

T8 Vs. Cursegar (LA)

I get destroyed both games. He played 3 wager and mime. it sucked.

0-2

CA States

I play luxray toolbox, threw it together the night before, no testing at all. So I go to the Queen Mary, see people. R1 starts really late.

R1 Vs. Kudus (Gyarados)
I get a bad hand, and he sets up perfectly. I get destroyed

0-1

R2 Vs. Barbara (Magran)
I get another crapp hand. I end up getting the toxitank combo and just use that the whole game.

1-1

R3 Vs. Tyler (Magnezone/Spiritomb)
He whiffs on energy for 2 turns, so i get prize advantage. I win by luxraying up magnezones and promocroaking them.

2-1

R4 Vs. thechad (Jumpluff)
We both draw crapp, then he let loose's and I get a cyrus. The game goes pretty slow but in the end I just have setup and he doesn't. He only attacks once the whole game.

3-1

R5 Vs. Alex (T-Tar/Amphy)
he gets good setup with a spiritomb start, I get a luxray start with 2 psychic energy, recovery cards and a couple stadiums. I'm 4/5 on bad starts. He gets a t-tar with 2 energy, amphy and claydol. I draw into some SP's and a lux x, so i bright look the claydol and bite it. He tries to cosmic and I spray. He passes. I draw a roseanne for uxie and lightning. I uxie and get a cyrus, and I flash impact the claydol. He can't set up after that, he gets an uxie but it's sprayed. I 6-0'ed.

4-1

R6 Vs. Matt (Gyarados)
He gets a perfect hand by t1. PERFECT. But I get T1 let loose hahahaha. I get a honchkrow out and just swing away with it, he can't get anything.

5-1

R7 Vs. Alberto (Gyarados)
I get a 2 prize lead with honchkrow, then lookers before he can get a gyarados. He ends up getting 1 out, and eventually I have 2 prizes and he has 4. I have pretty much nothing else, untill I remember his gyra's belted. I attach psychic to lux and pass. He kills my active bat. I attach lightning, gain, drop crobat, and trash bolt for game.

6-1

T16 VS. Eric (Cursegar)

1- I see my hand and I know i'm screwed. But he has his whole 2-2 claydol line prized. He scoops. 0.0

1-0

2- I start by killing 2 tombs with overconfident. Then he shadow skips to kill it. Then I took a prize some way i forgot how. I sit there with nothing for a while so he decides to spread for 2 prizes. His belted gengar X only has 140 hp left (galactic HQ), so I belt my honchkrow , flash bite twice and kill it for 2 prizes. He brings up mewtwo, and he whiffs on the energy, if he had got it he would have won (by now he has 2 prizes). He passes, so I turn my krow, attach to luxray and pass. I realize I can win by luxraying up his spiritomb. He wagers me. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. He kills my active, so I need to top deck a cyrus or aaron to win. I get the cyrus. Get lightning, radar, grab lux x and kill the tomb for game.

2-0

T8 Vs. Kudus (Gyarados)

1- I get great setup, he doesn't. I get 2 luxrays out and just sweep.

1-0

2- He goes first with combee, calls for karp and sableye. I uxie/belt/bat kill the combee. He brings up sableye and impersonates. I bat kill his karp, then belt my sableye and overconfident his sableye for game.

2-0

T4 Vs. Curtis (Paparazzi)

He destroyed me.

0-2

Props:
Budda for top cutting
Gyarados for being an easy matchup
Seeing pretty much no SP all day
Trophy
Edmund
Stevo

It was cool meeting you in real life, although I think honestly by 1 am we were no longer coherent. Congrats on going so far, and see you at Regionals.

yeah I was like a zombie all I remember is chad's like this is zak kabos and i'm like who and he's like therealzakabos and then I got it

Back