Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gator Help

A.Threatz

I'm playing GatrQueen and i have space for 1 tech line. Should i add a 1/1 line of Sceptile Ex d or a 1/1 line of Shiftry ex?

I would suggest Sceptile, just because it is sooo anti format, and it shuts down gardy, which could be a real pain.

yea i would say shiftry ex as metanite is your worse match up and if they use powers queen can ohko any poke that has been dark eyed

i'd say that gatrqueen doesn't need a tech line. i can't find a blaring weakness for it off the top off my head. i think it can decently handle everything in the current metagame. i'll go with the "more trainers" argument.

garsh0p said:
i'd say that gatrqueen doesn't need a tech line. i can't find a blaring weakness for it off the top off my head. i think it can decently handle everything in the current metagame. i'll go with the "more trainers" argument.
it cant handle metanite, seeing as how a OHKO would be rare... you need 6 discarded pokes and 2 gators, that excluding metal eng, so if 1 metal, then 3 gators, if 2, then 4 gators, if 3 then no OHKO... so need Queen + 2 Gators to be a threat, while Metagross needs much less. also, feraligator is weak to metagross...

Ignatious said:
it cant handle metanite, seeing as how a OHKO would be rare... you need 6 discarded pokes and 2 gators, that excluding metal eng, so if 1 metal, then 3 gators, if 2, then 4 gators, if 3 then no OHKO... so need Queen + 2 Gators to be a threat, while Metagross needs much less. also, feraligator is weak to metagross...

if you have six pokemon in your discard and they have one metal you would only need two gators, two metals 3 gatrs, 3 metals 4 gatrs and if they have 4 metals you lost.

getlikeme23 said:
if you have six pokemon in your discard and they have one metal you would only need two gators, two metals 3 gatrs, 3 metals 4 gatrs and if they have 4 metals you lost.
o rly? my bad, but still, Queen needs much more to do the same thing that Metanite does. (just about anyway)

metanite isnt that bad of a matchup for Gatr/Queen but i feel that a shrifty ex would completely turn it in my favor. And the reason i suggested Sceptile Ex d is just because i felt like it owned some slower giant ex deccs like Gardevior ex d.

Yeah w/ Queen doing 90 damage (not to mention feraligatr) and setting up just as fast if not faster then metatnite its not that bad of a matchup... Its not a COMPLETE AUTO LOSS metanite has the advantage buts its still not that bad of a match!!!

Anyway a couple of people have said it depends on the list... I posted my Meganium/Feraligatr d list and i was wondering if i should go w/ trainers over pokemon... Also my energy need some fixing too :rolleyes: .

If you are strickly worried about Metanite then tech in 2 Crystal Shard. It might not help kill off a Metagross, but Dagging Off a benched Dragonite for 80-100 can be a big blow to them. This also works to some extrent to Flygon d and Sally d and it at the least can remove resistance from things like Manectric Ex or Jolteon Ex.

Back