Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gen Con - August 10 thru 13! Updates!

AgentP

:clap: Hey everyone, Gen Con is the weekend before Worlds this year! Which means, possibly more Pokemon Players coming this year!

Well, for those planning to attend, yours truly will be heading up the events again this year, along with Indianapolis' PTO, Dennis Gill by my side! :biggrin:

This year, there are more events, more things to do, more prizes, and more time to do it! More going on compared to last year!:pokeball:

Come here on May 1st for the complete event listing. Also GenCon Event Preregistration opens that same day!

Finally, for any intrested Professors out there, I am still looking for maybe a couple more people to help out with judging some events. PM me if interested. :thumb:

Last edited:
The Event Listing is now up, and everyone can preregister for events at Gen Con!

Here is what is going down!
Thursday, August 10th
10am - Pokemon TCG Convention League, all day long!
Entry Fee - Free
Event # TCG00044

11am - Modified Constructed Tournament
Entry Fee - Free
Event # TCG00023

3pm - Booster Draft Tournament
Entry Fee - $19.50
Event # TCG00029

7pm - Modified Constructed Tournament
Entry Fee - Free
Event # TCG00024

Friday. August 11th
9am - Pokemon TCG Convention League, all day long!
Entry Fee - Free
Event # TCG00045

11am - EX Crystal Guardians Prerelease Tournament!
Entry Fee - $19.50
Event # TCG00035

4pm - EX Crystal Guardians Prerelease, Theme Deck Challenge
Entry Fee -$19.50
Event # TCG00036

7pm - Modified Constructed Tournament
Entry Fee - Free
Event # TCG00025

11pm - Booster Draft Tournament
Entry Fee - $19.50
Event # TCG00030

Saturday, August 12th
Entry Fee - Free
Event # TCG00046

10am - Pokemon TCG Gen Con Championship!
Entry Fee - Free
Event # TCG00028

4pm - EX Crystal Guardians Prerelease Tournament
Entry Fee - $19.50
Event # TCG00034

7pm - Modified Formant Tournament
Entry Fee - Free
Event # TCG00026

11pm - Booster Draft Tournament
Entry Fee - $19.50
Event # TCG00031

Sunday, August 13th
Entry Fee - Free
Event # TCG00047

11am - Unlimited Format Tournament
Entry Fee - Free
Event # TCG00027

1pm - Booster Draft Tournament
Entry Fee - $19.50
Event # TCG00032

Please Note: Convention Leagues and Constructed Tournaments, are intended to be free. Currently they list a price on the registration site. But PUI is working with Gen Con to keep these events free for the players. I will post more details on this when I get them.

Also, for those curious, here is the prizes for the big Gen Con Championship Tournament:
All Players will receive 4 POP Series Packs for playing.

Prizes given to top 8 players in the 3 age Groups
1st Place - A Nintendo DS System, 36 Booster Packs, and other pokemon themed items.
2nd Place - 18 Booster Packs
3rd and 4th Place - 9 Booster Packs
5th thru 8th - 3 Booster Packs

Any questions about events, or volunteering, please PM me!

Last edited:
The Pokemon TCG Gen Con Championship will be Modified, and ran silimiar to a Premier Championship Event. There will be top cut for each age group, deck lists will be required and so on.

There will official info on this coming soon.

Poliwag92 said:
what set is the prerelease for?

Is this in indianapolis?

The set name has not been released yet.

Yes this is in Indianapolis.

The Address is:
Indiana Convention Center
100 S. Capitol Ave
Indianapolis, Indiana

For more info on Gen Con itself, visit www.gencon.com

The one next to RCA dome yes?

If so, I might go to make a two weekend pokemon tour before school!

Since the Marriott Hotel is connected, I can go to the mall and the convention center without ever setting foot outside for 3 days.

Um,

The Set will most likely be Ex: Crystal Guardians...

Also...

I pm'd u about helping and judging...
I will be there all 4 days... Wensday - Monday...
LMK...
Thx...
Drew

I no longer need any more Volunteers at the moment. However, if anyone wants to be considered for back up, please let me know.

The Convetion is coming up in just over a month!

GenCon Preregistration has been extentend until July 21st.

Crystal Guardian Prereleases, and the big GenCon Championship event with Nintendo DS Lite /w Pokemon Trozei game as part of the prizes!

Should be a fun weekend, and a good place to prepare yourself for Worlds!

Event Tickets and Fees update! Very important for those attending.

All Constructed Events are listed on GenCon's website as having a $3.00 entry fee, and the GenCon Championship event has a $6.00 entry fee. And as you may know, we have been promoting the events as being free. These events are indeed free, Event Tickets are no longer requiered to play. Just show, and register yourself.

Here is the deal, if you have already purchased an event ticket for any constructed event, you will be refunded. One way for refund is, show up to the event with your ticket, and you will receive Generic Tickets equal to the value of your event ticket. Or you can take your event ticket back to GenCon and have them refund it themselves.

This also effects the Convention League Play, Event Ticket is not required, but if you have one, we can refund it with Generic Tickets.

All Sealed Events (Prereleases and Booster Drafts) are still $19.50 to play and will require an Event Ticket or 13 Generic Tickets

If you have any questions regarding this matter, feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]

If I were to play in the championships, would I still be able to go to the Crystal Guardians pre-release that day? Or do they overlapse?

Umbreon777 said:
If I were to play in the championships, would I still be able to go to the Crystal Guardians pre-release that day? Or do they overlapse?

Actually, Yes on both aspects.

The GenCon Championship event will overlap the Crystal Guardians Prerelease that day. However, we will run flights of Prereleases that day, the first one starts at 4pm, then the next one at 5pm, and every hour after that. And yes, you could possibly play in more than one.

So now, you can play in both, without having to drop from the GenCon Championship Event.

:thumb: One Last Update:thumb:

The Convention League now provides you the oppertunity to win a Nintendo DS Lite with Pokemon Trozei:clap: :clap:

So now, not only are we giving them away in the GenCon Championship event, but now League too!

Remember all non-sealed events are free, and event tickets are not needed!

One more question. For now.

If you say that there will be prereleases on every hour interval from 4, does that mean each one will have 5 people with 2 rounds or something weird like that? How are you going to manage to pull that off?

I ask this because Tim was questioning it and so was I.

We would need a minimum of 8 for each flight. And I don't think that will be a problem.

This only goes for Saturday, because of the GenCon Championship event.

Back